Patrol time

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This is an intrinsically excellent idea from a perspective of realism, although the exact way to optimally implement it in-game is a prime topic for a considerable debate. I would recommend, to preserve consistency with real-life operational military constraints, imposing a limit on the chronological span of patrols with proportional calculations of direct variation correlating instead to refueling. This would be an excellent way to simultaneously preserve critical gameplay mechanics without jeopardizing realism, and at that point the only consideration would be the dilemma of whether or not continuity with reality in this area is an ideal modification to the game and the consequential refinement required thereby due to the resulting resolution of primary implementation concerns.
    • dont really see any point in limiting it; you usually make use of your aircraft at least once a day/ferry it to another airbase etc so it wouldnt really have any impact

the only thing that would change is that keeping awacs/npas/other heavies on patrol to scout an area

adding such a mechanic just for the sake of realism seems kinda bs

how about needing to refuel ships at harbours after a set amount of time? and if you're out of fuel in the middle of an ocean then you cant give movement orders and that shipstack might as well be dead :)
      realism? yes
      fun/comfort? no
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

dont really see any point in limiting it; you usually make use of your aircraft at least once a day/ferry it to another airbase etc so it wouldnt really have any impact

the only thing that would change is that keeping awacs/npas/other heavies on patrol to scout an area

adding such a mechanic just for the sake of realism seems kinda bs

how about needing to refuel ships at harbours after a set amount of time? and if you're out of fuel in the middle of an ocean then you cant give movement orders and that shipstack might as well be dead :)
      realism? yes
      fun/comfort? no
      Indeed. Although tankers would prevent this, that would run counter to the current dynamic of the game, as logistics and transport requirements are effectively nonexistent as evidenced by a lack of requirements for supply line preservation or transport ship mobilization.
    • that would stop people from leaving their airplanes on patrol and i wouldnt be able to camp under them with frigate stack. and shoot them down. people who patrol endlessly unattended usually lose them 1 way or the other
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp