Tip of the Day: Troop "Jumping":

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tip of the Day: Troop "Jumping":

TIP: Troop "Jumping":

If traveling on a way point across enemy prov or approaching cities; as you get near center point; if you select Delay...slide delay bar over .... Troops will jump to the center point. then cancel delay.

Varies on prov size; terrain and troop stack but generally can gain range of 7 min to 15 min "jumping" per prov; sure there is some algorithm but not 100 pct consistent and have gotten up to 20 min on huge prov.

So now this gets you on friendly territory and speed penalty gone faster... can save a bit of time travelling across enemy territory; beating an enemy to an entrenchment point and/or getting to a city by midnight to avoid insurgents.

May be widely know but something I stumbled on a while back by happen stance and may be useful for those not aware.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • well yes if on a single route but have to ... select troop hit movement .. mouse to direction .. etc and if on waypoint have to redo the whole waypoint now. Delay you dont have to leave the troop screen. But point was the jump. but if you want to do things harder by all means
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• edablo wrote:

possibly interesting and useful?
      Can you please explain to me again.

Are you able to jump, without air assault command?

Or are you saying do a waypoint, create delay, then jump?

is this one jump or multiple jumps?

I just did not quite understand the instructions, the result or the point?
      its just a fast fwd of troops .. then just mini "jump" from away to midpoint of enemy prov to center to conquer. but yes can do it once per prov as you move.

Point is if like 7 - 15 min away from center point and you execute one of the methods above. it saves you that 7 - 15 once in awhile have gotten almost 20 min.

So if traveling across 9 prov for example I may save 1.5 hrs on the journey (actually more as getting to midpoint faster now have speed adv on friendly territory).

Other main advantage if use this to get to prov or city faster and beat the midmight clock and if conquering new city .. if can take this "shortcut" sometimes get to a city/prov Day 5 23:58 instead of day 6 00:12 (so basically will gain a days morale of 5 pct) .. avoid insurgents on a possible city that could go rougue. depends on situation.

More Detailed example:

simple scenario traveling 10 prov ..takes 45 min from 1 center pt to next for total of 450 min ( 7.5 hrs) if monitoring and guess hops just right. but lets just say 5 min before each center (almost 100 pct could save every time) before delay/rush/movement control sequence) I do this 10 times and now trip is 400 min ( 6 hrs 40 min) I just rushed free 50 min without any penalties or spending $$ on military logistics

And you can get up to 15 min savings per "jump" its not really a jump like airborne. which same thing 10 prov .... 1 hr apart .. save 15 min x 10 150 min on 10 hr journey.....2.5 hrs. its not exact so you mileage may vary.

Not going to make or break you but might as well gig the system to your advantage when can.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Stratieon wrote:

machforce9 wrote:

Rush and then un-rush
      Still slower though.
      it also costs HP .. even if your throttle on and of in keeps track.. and might night get dinged on small bursts but do enough it accumilates and penalizes you.

• machforce9 wrote:

Very true. I'll have to try the delay thing. @edablo its just a way to speed up your troops a little bit by having them "jump" through a couple in game miles. I think it has something to do with reloading something in the code but I'm not sure.
      possible or maybe the code that searches for units in range .. like if you are chasing a unit down and even 5 min behind sometimes if you stop it will engage them despite miles away where as if you keep moving wont engage until you actually reach them....its similar behavior??

• You don't have to delay, just click stop button and if you're bellow 5 minutes till the center you will conquer the province / city and "jump" to the center. Maybe in bigger provinces you can "jump" more.
      I can assume that it is because of two reasons.
      First you don't actually travel but you jump from point to point on a server. Yes you have movement animation but it is actually a time your troops need to jump to next point.
      If you ask server your troops are always on specific location. If they are moving it is just countdown till they jump on next spot. You can see that you can't click everywhere on the travel line/path but only on specific spots. If you cancel the movement order you end up to closer point.
      Second everything is already calculated on the server side before you see it on client.
      I can't be sure 100% on first statement but on this one I am sure. Because I recently started fresh new test account and was looking for my statistics where first kill appeared before it happened on client side. Just couple of minutes maybe 5. It was first unit I have killed in game in stats before I saw it in browser client.

So yes you can "jump" a little bit.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

You don't have to delay, just click stop button and if you're bellow 5 minutes till the center you will conquer the province / city and "jump" to the center. Maybe in bigger provinces you can "jump" more.
      I can assume that it is because of two reasons.
      First you don't actually travel but you jump from point to point on a server. Yes you have movement animation but it is actually a time your troops need to jump to next point.
      If you ask server your troops are always on specific location. If they are moving it is just countdown till they jump on next spot. You can see that you can't click everywhere on the travel line/path but only on specific spots. If you cancel the movement order you end up to closer point.
      Second everything is already calculated on the server side before you see it on client.
      I can't be sure 100% on first statement but on this one I am sure. Because I recently started fresh new test account and was looking for my statistics where first kill appeared before it happened on client side. Just couple of minutes maybe 5. It was first unit I have killed in game in stats before I saw it in browser client.

So yes you can "jump" a little bit.
      Indeed. This is naturally due to a graduated increment system of position representation, which is why I generally prefer utilizing universal vector expression representation of position barring exceptional circumstances. Of course, system actions originate on the back end of the server before progressing to expression on the client side front end. This method lends itself to such exploitation as has been observed through manipulating the graduations when units approach the opposite side of the midpoint segment between two positional increments by cancelling progression and thus defaulting universally to the final graduation. Albeit, this presents the next element of the natural progression of inquisition, which is the dilemma of the exact increments of graduation and the precise occurrence of actions between apparent increments, presuming more graduation therein.
    • Speeding up is much easier and you hardly care about HP on conquerer units anyway. Though normally I just use move order again. If I send units with waypoints to conquer empty provinces, I don't give a shit about those jumps and therefore will hardly be online anyway. :D

As far as I know, the jump occurs on a fixed distance in every province, so the time you save depends on speed of unit and difficulty of terrain. Open provinces will hardly safe you anything, whil jungle and mountain will give you a bigger time safe.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Speeding up is much easier and you hardly care about HP on conquerer units anyway. Though normally I just use move order again. If I send units with waypoints to conquer empty provinces, I don't give a shit about those jumps and therefore will hardly be online anyway. :D

As far as I know, the jump occurs on a fixed distance in every province, so the time you save depends on speed of unit and difficulty of terrain. Open provinces will hardly safe you anything, whil jungle and mountain will give you a bigger time safe.
      Mostly accurate, although especially in early game every unit counts, and adding a time jump to rush can be quite effective at ensuring successful outmaneuvering of the enemy. Regardless, it’s a rather useful method of maximizing unit speed whenever necessary, and sometimes it may just come in handy to get the few extra minutes necessary to grab that provincial centerpoint.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

In early phase you rarely send your troops blindly through hostile territory, to conquer stuff. It is the best way to lose them. :D
      Indeed. However, when a force is conducting maneuvers, utilizing this mechanic is quite effective at maximizing operational freedom of action and flexibility of fires application across all ground forces, potentially providing an incontestable advantage over the enemy.