make it sandbox-endless

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• make it sandbox-endless

hi all,

to the owners-developers of CoN

this suggestion of mine is simple and maybe it was already addressed in the past, I don't really know as I'm new around here, but with limited time available, so I didn't check previous posts to see it it's been already suggested by someone else

simple:

make a version, some servers for games that are sandbox-endless, with no GAME OVER end...

the reasons why are many, so many, I don't even want to start listing them here, but in a nutshell would boil down to this bottom line

not many, nowadays, with the variety of other games we have available to us to choose from, wants to stick around for a game, to put in "hard work" to research units as per the research tree, to produce resources and spend those resources to build troops, to build/develop cities, to conquer new cities and develop the new ones, to conquer new countries, to make long time friends and maintain friendships, to make long time rivals and enemies and keep bother them, knowing everything will be LOST at the end, due to a GAME OVER round-based game...

not to mention, not many - with a sound mind, with a job, a revenue, a disposable income - would agree to spend real money, over and over again, only to LOSE everything, all the assets, at the end of the game, because it's GAME OVER due to a round-based game concept...

now, maybe you guys - owners-developers - maybe you don't need extra players-users, to come in, to bring in their friends and to stay, and with that to increase your monthly, yearly revenues... but, if you do, please consider introducing a version that is sandbox-endless, with no end...

I was looking for such a game, for such a version, that's how I landed here, and I said OK, let's try it, but I can't find a sandbox-endless game here... it's it's there, where is at, 'cause I can't find it...

yes, we all know (or some of us know) it's more expensive on your end, in resources, financial and human resources, you'll need more servers, better servers, better colo and/or cloud hosting, more staff on duty to maintain, to develop, to debug, and more, much more... yes, we know, overhead expenses, marketing, HR & payroll, etc. etc. etc. but, at the same time, if done right, the revenue will increase exponentially, so in the end it's a good investment if managed properly...

me, I'm just passing by, checking the game concept and moving on, me, I won't stick around, because I refuse to "work hard" and even more, to spend real money, on a game where I will LOSE all my assets at the end of the game, just because it's a round-based game...

yes, I am well aware I could lose my assets in a sandbox-endless game too, but that would be on my own volition, either facing a much stronger and powerful and wiser adversary, or on my own voluntary actions, to delete-destroy my assets, or to reset my own account... but not unwillingly, due to GAME OVER, just because the round is over...

the bottom line is simple, "working hard" so to speak, to research the tree, to produce resources, to build units, to build/develop cities, to conquer countries, to repeat the process, rebuild the now destroyed country, doing it again, only so ultimately LOSE it all, just because it's GAME OVER, just because it's a round based game, that's just the classical Sisyphus myth of endless work with little to no rewards...

yeah, I know, it's some-kind of an entertainment value and reward in it, but at the same time, I'll say it again, we gamers, especially those of us with money and willing to spend money on video games, we have many, many options available to us, you, the game owners-developers need to convince us to come, to stay, and to spend our money on your game... and we'll do just that, if you'll give us something worth doing this, like let us keep our assets, don't wipe everything out because you decided to go round-based as far as game style, so we can keep spending money over and over again... if you're losing (paying) users-players, then that's part of why...

and if you, game owners-developers, expect us to poor in real money for premium membership subscriptions, or to buy extra gold to enhance our strengths, over and over again, then you don't really know the demography of the gamer of today, that's on average at least 35 y/o, has a job, has some decent revenue, has some disposable income to spend money on games, and plays games and is paying for games on a regular basis, as such has something else to compare with...

if you want to deal only with kids asking for their parents credit cards, then fine, but if you want to build a solid base of players-users that are also constant paying customers, with monthly-yearly subscriptions paid on time, I urge you guys to consider switching fast to a sandbox-endless type of game... and when you do, please send me an email and invite me back... I will come, and subscribe for premium and stick around for years... until then, the round-based format is not for me... that in case you care to find out why I won't stick around much...

please don't take it as a complaint, or critique, not at all, far from it... please take it as constructive feedback and a simple suggestion... that's why I've posted in the suggestion section, please take it as a simple suggestion...

make it sandbox-endless, with no resets, no end, no GAME OVER... the so-called "Game Over" concept is outdated...

if I may say it, just look around at serious game developers and publishers, from EA - Electronic Arts - to Activision, Blizzard, to Rockstar, GTA series, to the big "U" - Ubisoft, to Paradox... and I could go on and on, but I guess you guys got the idea, please look around... do a brainstorming meeting about this, have one of your smarter guy play the devils advocate in that meeting and see what you come up with in this GAME OVER vs sandbox-endless game style...

sandbox-endless games with no reset have great success... round-based games, not so much...

thank you for reading my suggestion...

if you guys other players and readers, agree and are with me, like it, maybe the owners-developers will see the many likes and will decide to do something about it...

have fun y'all...
    • maybe its me but once someone goes beyound 2 paragraphs stop reading.. and object is to conquer the world.. how in the hell would you have an endless game after i conquer worlds.. go take mars? so you come on to a game and want to make it a game you think you like on past games.. well go back to those games i guess.

Kind of like going to a football game and say its not like baseball and want NFL to change to be like baseball??
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

maybe its me but once someone goes beyound 2 paragraphs stop reading.. and object is to conquer the world.. how in the hell would you have an endless game after i conquer worlds.. go take mars? so you come on to a game and want to make it a game you think you like on past games.. well go back to those games i guess.

Kind of like going to a football game and say its not like baseball and want NFL to change to be like baseball??
      haha...

well mate, yes, I'll go back to my games, and if you'll come around, I'll show you that you can't conquer the world, because in an endless game I won't let you, I won't allow you to do that... and, along with me, others too won't allow you not even to sneak out from your hiding place in an endless world... why?? because it's an endless world, you can't conquer the entire world, no matter how hard you try, because others - like me - won't allow it... hehe...

it's a suggestion, if you like it - or not - fine it's only a suggestion about a game style...

if you like this game style here, great, more power to you, keep spending your time and maybe money and keep the owners-developers happy...

I was just saying mate, I'll spend my money someplace else on other games... once again, come meet me there and see if you can conquer that world...

and I write more than two paragraphs, exactly so I can present my arguments... now, if you stop reading after the two paragraphs, it's your choice, but the arguments are there... if you have better arguments, bring in on and put it on the table... if not, keep working like Sisyphus and read my long comments...

p.s. I don't really go, nor like football nor baseball, I'm more of a soccer guy, but I'm almost sure you can't understand that game...

either way, it's not about conquering the world, it's about strategy... soccer I mean, the real football, that by the way, the entire world, except the US, call is as it is - aka football

I guess by this point you already stop reading... hehe... it's not easy to keep up... hehe...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sandblast ().

• Coached soccer for 20 years and it ends as do all real contests (its not you stopping someone from winning its the game)..... point being you are trying to now compare cricket to soccer. so imagine a never ending soccer game. who would watch or play for that matter as no matter how much stretchy; skill or game mgmt i had in 90 minutes it didnt matter. Or a chess match that had no end.... what is the purpose.....

but i did skim by most of your other long windiness. So fine lets say lets take futbol and want to make it Australian rules football or rugby.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Coached soccer for 20 years and it ends as do all real contests (its not you stopping someone from winning its the game)..... point being you are trying to now compare cricket to soccer. so imagine a never ending soccer game. who would watch or play for that matter as no matter how much stretchy; skill or game mgmt i had in 90 minutes it didnt matter. Or a chess match that had no end.... what is the purpose.....

but i did skim by most of your other long windiness. So fine lets say lets take futbol and want to make it Australian rules football or rugby.
      so, my friend, it's great you coached soccer-football for 20 years or so... I assume it was with kids, not with pros, but still, it's good, it means you understand strategy in the field...

I'd love to elaborate with you the difference between a team sports game, that has an end and a clear Game Over and the geopolitical warfare games, with this one here we play on a round-based style, but I'm afraid you're not able to keep up or to stay focused, as it will take more than two paragraphs...

however, for the sake of a constructive debate, that I never back down from

soccer, football, baseball, rugby, cricket, hockey, or any other team-sports based game, is - as you should know - a skills game where players perform, hopefully to the best of their abilities, physically and mentally, working together - aka teamwork - to win the game...

it's normal and natural for that type of a game, as the performance can't be endless, the players won't last and also the audience can't just be there with no end, as such it's natural to have a clear Game Over end...

on the other hand, the geopolitical and warfare game - not just this one, any other game in this genre, including the real-life geopolitical and warfare game, is endless, it's an ongoing game, with a power struggle, power shifts, and with a balance of power...

in that kind of a game, you won't conquer the world, my friend, not because of the game itself, by game design, not at all, but because others participants in the game won't allow you to, because a balance of power must be kept and will be kept, no matter how hard you try to conquer the world...

that's not a performance game, of skills, a physical and mental performance where players get tired, as such they need to end the game at one point in time... the warfare business is an ongoing business that never stops, in a game and in real life too... hence, endless my friend, with no end, ongoing 24/7/365, with no reset, with no wipeout of your assets and start fresh to build once again from the ground up...

not to mention, I have a feeling my friend you don't fully understand the concept of "virtual assets" that belong to you, as the player, especially if you paid real money to buy or build those "virtual assets"...

I'll say it again, yes, those are digital and intangible assets, hence the name "virtual" assets, but those are clear assets and are yours once you worked for, or even paid for... are you not aware that here, once you conquer your world, you lose all your assets, because it's game over?? do you understand the concept of loss... I assume you do, and that's great... well if you're OK to lose your assets, I am NOT, and we live in a free country and free world, as such I have the right to express my opinion...

I'm not OK to lose my assets, just because of it's Game Over... it's not like on a soccer field, or hockey ice rink, I'm not tired to play, I don't ask for the game to end, I can keep playing, yet, I'm losing my assets because it's a round-based game...

if, in an endless game, we have a clash and you beat me up, because you're smarter, or bigger, or stronger, or your strategy is better than mine, or you got me off guard, then fine, I lost in a good fight and I'm good with that... maybe I'll even recover, rebuild, and retaliate and next time you lose, if it's an endless game...

but, if I lose all my assets, and ironically you too lose all your assets, simply because it's a Game Over, me personally I don't like it and I'll speak my mind, let people know because maybe like me, there are others feeling the same...

please believe me when I say it, there are others that feel the same, but they don't take the time, like I do, to express their opinions, they just leave the game entirely, not log back in, not spend money and move on to other games... and at the same time, believe me, the game owners-developers, have (or should have) a team researching players-users turnover, retention and how to keep the players in, how not to lose players...

well, I put in my two cents, as constructive feedback, some players, like myself, leave because of that, because it's a round-based game... if they wanna pay attention to my feedback and make some improvements, great, I'll be back.. if not, that's good too, I'll move on and spend my money on other games, not on this game...

as a side note, I'm paying yearly subscriptions since 2006 to this day, ongoing subscriptions, as a gamer, in other sandbox-endless games and virtual worlds, and I have no problem doing it, because I know that my "work" I put in there and my "virtual" assets will be there, I won't lose my assets, just because of a Game Over, or a reset that will wipe out everything... come meet me there and I'll show you what I'm talking about, assets of literally thousands of US dollars, are still there and I won't lose them unless I want to lose them and I make a voluntary move to lose them

so my friend, don't compare apples with bananas just because both are fruits...

I hope you made it that far and if you did, welcome to a constructive debate... bring on your arguments, make sure are good, valid arguments and put in on a table...

but, you'll have to make some efforts to pass the 2nd paragraph and have the ability to focus and keep up mate...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sandblast ().