When you send your units to capture enemy territory, does the predicted arrival time accounts for the speed you get when you capture enemy territory?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Vincenator wrote:

Title, though Im not sure if you get a speed penalty when you move in enemy territory.
      yes you get a speed penalty on enemy territory. this is useful for creating buffer zones to slow down enemy counter attacks if you are on the offensive. for example if you have captured a city and are going away for 4-5 hours so just give the command to capture all the provinces around it using the waypoint feature for more ease before you leave. this way by the time the enemy reaches the city 4-5 hours should have passed due to speed penalty and you should be back to be able to manage the ensuing battle effectively
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE
    • blue44elephant wrote:

Vincenator wrote:

Title, though Im not sure if you get a speed penalty when you move in enemy territory.
      yes you get a speed penalty on enemy territory. this is useful for creating buffer zones to slow down enemy counter attacks if you are on the offensive. for example if you have captured a city and are going away for 4-5 hours so just give the command to capture all the provinces around it using the waypoint feature for more ease before you leave. this way by the time the enemy reaches the city 4-5 hours should have passed due to speed penalty and you should be back to be able to manage the ensuing battle effectively
      No offense but I dont think that answers his question, and I don't know the answer.

I think his question was more along the lines of : when you set a waypoint path across a territory to a second territory, once you capture the first territory, does the original time estimation take into account you will no longer have the speed penalty going from the 1st territory center point to the second terrotory.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

Vincenator wrote:

No offense but I dont think that answers his question, and I don't know the answer.
      I think his question was more along the lines of : when you set a waypoint path across a territory to a second territory, once you capture the first territory, does the original time estimation take into account you will no longer have the speed penalty going from the 1st territory center point to the second terrotory.
      well in that case just cancel the order and give the order again and the game will update the estimated timings to give you correct data but i think he is talking about capturing one territory only maybe he should clarify the question for a precise answer
    • It is my experience it does not... or doesnt do it accurately. if you reexecute move after taking territory the time is always lower then original estimate. Example it says you are going to arrive day 2 at 1:00 but after taking center and eliminating speed penalty; if re issue movement it reflects the correct / sooner time (maybe Day 1 23:45).
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

It is my experience it does not... or doesnt do it accurately. if you reexecute move after taking territory the time is always lower then original estimate. Example it says you are going to arrive day 2 at 1:00 but after taking center and eliminating speed penalty; if re issue movement it reflects the correct / sooner time (maybe Day 1 23:45).
      yeah that is what i was trying to say but i guess my english isn't good enough. hahahaha(laughs at my own stupidity)