Country specific guide for: AFGHANISTAN

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Country specific guide for: AFGHANISTAN

Hey guys just like I promised. I have made my first country specific guide and this one is for Afghanistan. (Note: This and all the following guides are for WW3 scenario only)
      Description:"Medium sized nation that is semi-arid and dominated by rugged mountains and dry plains. Fought over for decades, Afghanistan has been called the graveyard of Empires"
      Strategy:
      DAY 1:- First thing you do when you wake up 5 AM in the morning is to tear open the diplomacy panel and send a message to India and Kazakhstan asking to be friends. This way you have Pakistan under control and focus on Iran. Then research national guard and mobilize them in "Herat" and "Khandar" just in case. Research the motorized infantry, helicopters and tanks. Just keep mobilizing national guards in the two cities mentioned above. Now take all those infantry units and recon division and move them to Eastern part of the country and pair them with newly mobilized infantry units and recon divisions.Then push North and take AI countries if any of them are left or go for Pakistan. Come down like lightning on the players playing as Pakistan and take at least one of the two cities by the river. If he is smart enough to bring up artillery then perform a pincer attack through "Nowshera" and destroy his artillery then go for Islamabad, take out the local garrison and plant your flag there then march down the river to "Sahiwal" and stop for the day. Meanwhile just pump out national guard and station them in these newly conquered lands in case India tries something funny. If you are in a coalition with India and he starts to leave the coalition that is a serious red flag. Meanwhile if you are getting blitzed by Iran then don't worry your national guard will teach the enemy the value of the entrenchment bonus. By the next day its important that your artillery battalion at this stage has at least three towed artillery pieces and a motorized infantry unit.
      DAY 2:- Now build those huge helicopters and tanks that you have been dying for and go kick some ass. If Iran had been attacking you then build more infantry and national guard. Once you have bled the enemy white against your defenses its time to take the fight to the enemy and show them how its done. In the mean time go for whats left of Pakistan and then divert troops to push back the enemy.
      DAY 3: Now if you face too much resistance in Tehran then don't break your teeth on their defenses instead take the mountain route to "Rast" and "Tabriz" and then its time to prepare for turtling and for this you should start with the southern part of your empire as the rivers and cities are natural chokepoints. Now just wait, wait for the perfect opportunity to take up a huge chunk of Middle East. However keep an eye on Russia and if he eats up your friend then prepare for war. The thing is if Russia decides to eat up your friend then he is planning something BIG so go offensive as he will be weak and push him till the Volga river. Ask China for help and if he agree continue on the offensive while maintaining a defensive wall facing Europe if he doesn't agree then go defensive and then do what you did with Iran. After this is done it should be somewhere around day 25+ and you should have special forces as your new national guard though you can't produce too many they are still really good when the enemy wakes in the morning to find that the Earth has swallowed his T-80's. After this I highly recommend you take your own strategy or how you want to play and whenever possible try to use geography to advantage and not superior units.
      Any opinion and criticism is welcome.
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE
    • Research :
      - either national guard or motorized; both fulfill the same job so no point in having both
      - a lots of day 1 research; half of it unnecessary
      - no structure; on the first part of day 1 you mention what to research and then at the end of it you’re like „oh yes also you will need to have several towed“ - which you never mentioned to research in the beginning
      - nothing concrete beyond „research these units the first few days and spam them“
      - doesnt seem to match with the ingame pace/ressources that much
      -for a „guide“ there sure is a certain lack of what buildings to build where and when

Diplomacy:
      -complete disregard for any sort of diplomacy with iran; seems in general more like you’re just trying to reenact one of the games you played as afghanistan
      -there is usually an asian coalition with china so idk why they’d work with yours instead of fighting
      - you’re worried about india betraying you but not kazakstan lol
      Strategy:
      -too detailed to be realisic (seems once again more lile you’re just trying to reenact a previous game) in general it’s better to formulate a plan based on the given circumstances rather than trying to „force“ a certain approach, a certain degree of preparation is nice to have but not investing too much into it

about making use of geography vs superior units:
      - both are completely different topics
      -terrain is static and doesnt ever change
      -units are more reliable than terrain because in the end you have more influence over them then the terrain
      - high lvl units tend to be more flexible than their low lvl counterparts; usually they gain a ton of value through certain upgrades (especially support units)

i think that might be it for no but idk there is probably more one could say

i’d rate it 6/10
      its clear you made some effort but its def lacking
      I am The Baseline for opinions

The post was edited 1 time, last by Teburu ().

• Teburu wrote:

Research :
      - either national guard or motorized; both fulfill the same job so no point in having both
      - a lots of day 1 research; half of it unnecessary
      - no structure; on the first part of day 1 you mention what to research and then at the end of it you’re like „oh yes also you will need to have several towed“ - which you never mentioned to research in the beginning
      - nothing concrete beyond „research these units the first few days and spam them“
      - doesnt seem to match with the ingame pace/ressources that much
      -for a „guide“ there sure is a certain lack of what buildings to build where and when

Diplomacy:
      -complete disregard for any sort of diplomacy with iran; seems in general more like you’re just trying to reenact one of the games you played as afghanistan
      -there is usually an asian coalition with china so idk why they’d work with yours instead of fighting
      - you’re worried about india betraying you but not kazakstan lol
      Strategy:
      -too detailed to be realisic (seems once again more lile you’re just trying to reenact a previous game) in general it’s better to formulate a plan based on the given circumstances rather than trying to „force“ a certain approach, a certain degree of preparation is nice to have but not investing too much into it

about making use of geography vs superior units:
      - both are completely different topics
      -terrain is static and doesnt ever change
      -units are more reliable than terrain because in the end you have more influence over them then the terrain
      - high lvl units tend to be more flexible than their low lvl counterparts; usually they gain a ton of value through certain upgrades (especially support units)

i think that might be it for no but idk there is probably more one could say
      i have a challenge for you: Play as pakistan and then ask a friend to play afghanistan and attack with standard blitzkrieg tactics and a pincer through peshwar and Nowshera you are free to use whatever you like for defense (nukes included) and see if your capital survives.
      As of for Iran usually they have the advantage of distraction. Day 1 whole Middle East jumps on Syria and Israel and then Syria and Israel jump on them and back and forth till day 3-5. So Iran gets time to expand ai can be dealt with later but a playable nation is a different matter so...........yeah. Atleast that's what i have seen and experienced. Also i once saw iran betraying a whole coalition with its superior industrialization and btw countries like afghanistan, germany etc which have their population centres split into two regions are harder to defend but even worse when attacking. And i guess i am allowed to use some degree of military tactics i learnt in the time i spent in bundeswehr to the game right? I am just trying to tell what i think of it and why i am suggesting this basic outline for Afghanistan.
    • Pafufu wrote:

Not bad. Not great either, if I’m being honest though. Perhaps you could do more in-depth strategies for different scenarios; like ‘strong India = blah’ or ‘rushing Iran = blah.’ Like the thought you put in though. Also, please just use capitalization and periods. Don’t want to be that guy, but it was hard to read.
      thanks for feedback. my english isn't really that great but i will make improvements the next time I write.