If you are in a coalition, and ...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If you are in a coalition, and ...

If you are in a coalition and you share intelligence with somebody in another coalition, do you see what he sees (his units and territories plus his coalition partners territory and units) and vice versa, or does it just let you see HIS territory and units?

Anyone know?

I've never done this, because I almost never even grant RoW to non coalition countries, but was curious.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • well you should not be in shared intelligence or any outside relationship without all your coalition aware of it. If i find out someone potential double agent in my coalition; im kicking them.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • i shared right of way and intelligence and learned this guy was plotting a gang attack on me. another player told me (who I was recruiting) and then my paid agents (spies) intercepted an incriminating smoking gun email of my 'trusted ally'. so i waged war and eliminated him from the game. so, if you do give intelligence, be careful and always use agents and gather intel from them and your enemies.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

well you should not be in shared intelligence or any outside relationship without all your coalition aware of it. If i find out someone potential double agent in my coalition; im kicking them.
      Well A.) I'm the leader, so kicking me ain't happening.
      and B.) this was more theoretical, but if I did, I would clear it with my allies first because even tho I'm the leader, I don't play dictator, ever.

... C.) one of my coalition partners is already in a non official relationship with this 3rd party, tho not shared intel
      ... D.) there are way bigger threats in this game. If 3rd party would backstab, that would only hasten the loss for everyone to the 4th party, and all parties know that.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Teburu wrote:

but to be honest
      it's kinda fun if you can just spectate them fighting :D
      yeah i had that happen on mideast map as no real coalitions and need to piece together and trust people on shared intelligence. and two guys (they used to be part of our network as Mideast maps seem to get into a north v south thing at least times i played) i had shared intell with both fought each other. but hard not to say anything seeing both sides of a battle and wouldnt do it in a coalition setting.

One game a guy was hiding all these ROW relationships he had with an enemy coalition whom we were in a coalition battle with. Kick hiss ass out and attacked him. I suspected it but then Enemy A was bombing Coalition troops in his city (Coalition traitor) and only killing coalition partner B troops.

Sure if you had pre existing arrangements before joining coalition thats one thing; but just say hey I have ROW with country A we can keep him friendly /neutral and may be able to use down the road. But dont cut side deals with active enemies of your coalition. Thats double agent in my book.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Actually Buckeye, the real scenario I was basing my theoretical question on involves me in a coalition and the guy I was thinking of sharing intel with the 3rd party, not being in a coalition at all.

Is that still a double agent in your book or only a 1.5 agent?

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Teburu wrote:

but to be honest
      it's kinda fun if you can just spectate them fighting :D
      yeah i had that happen on mideast map as no real coalitions and need to piece together and trust people on shared intelligence. and two guys (they used to be part of our network as Mideast maps seem to get into a north v south thing at least times i played) i had shared intell with both fought each other. but hard not to say anything seeing both sides of a battle and wouldnt do it in a coalition setting.
      One game a guy was hiding all these ROW relationships he had with an enemy coalition whom we were in a coalition battle with. Kick hiss ass out and attacked him. I suspected it but then Enemy A was bombing Coalition troops in his city (Coalition traitor) and only killing coalition partner B troops.

Sure if you had pre existing arrangements before joining coalition thats one thing; but just say hey I have ROW with country A we can keep him friendly /neutral and may be able to use down the road. But dont cut side deals with active enemies of your coalition. Thats double agent in my book.
      The KING of CoN News!!!