Brainwashing (or the philosophy and nice quotes thread)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Brainwashing (or the philosophy and nice quotes thread)

If you have been brainwashed, you won't know you have been brainwashed.
      Yet if you are not brainwashed, you won't know you are not brainwashed.
      So are we brainwashed? Thoughts?
      This is the sort of thing Stratieon may like ;P
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • 737373elj wrote:

If you have been brainwashed, you won't know you have been brainwashed.
      Yet if you are not brainwashed, you won't know you are not brainwashed.
      So are we brainwashed? Thoughts?
      This is the sort of thing Stratieon may like ;P
      If you are able to identify and ridicule the ones that are brainwashed and if u are able to distinguish between scientifically accepted truth and propaganda, it is a good sign that you are NOT brainwashed and you know it
    • Here’s something similar:
      Imagine you were taken out of this world into another, identical world, and told; hey, you were living in a simulation the entire time. This isn’t the real world.
      Now use those brilliant questioning skills you have. (I was told that Europeans and Americans were good at finding problems) You were taken out of a simulation that you thought was real. How do you know if the world you are in right now is simulated? Should this world not be simulated, You also won’t know if this simulated world is not simulated.
      Tl;dr:
      If you are being simulated, you won’t know you are being simulated.
      If you are not being simulated, you won’t know you are not being simulated.
      So are we being simulated?
    • 737373elj wrote:

Here’s something similar:
      Imagine you were taken out of this world into another, identical world, and told; hey, you were living in a simulation the entire time. This isn’t the real world.
      Now use those brilliant questioning skills you have. (I was told that Europeans and Americans were good at finding problems) You were taken out of a simulation that you thought was real. How do you know if the world you are in right now is simulated? Should this world not be simulated, You also won’t know if this simulated world is not simulated.
      Tl;dr:
      well, anything you could use to proof that this is just a simulation would be part of it? ^^
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Tl;dr:
      well, anything you could use to proof that this is just a simulation would be part of it? ^^
      Is death a part of simulation? If yes then we should resurrect another time to be able to die for REAL. Don't report me by the way
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE
    • blue44elephant wrote:

Teburu wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Tl;dr:
      Is death a part of simulation? If yes then we should resurrect another time to be able to die for REAL. Don't report me by the way
      thats this whole afterlife stuff :D
      you’re assuming that if you die in the simulation you don’t die in the real world
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

Teburu wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Tl;dr:
      thats this whole afterlife stuff :D you’re assuming that if you die in the simulation you don’t die in the real world
      If this is reality then according fermi paradox we should be extinct by now if we are at our most powerful form right now.
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE
    • 737373elj wrote:

Tl;dr:
      Obviously CoN is the "real" world, and only people playing a game are simulated.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Marketing brainwashes us since decades. We get brainwashed everyday by media, commercials and some goverments.
      Realising it, helps fighting it.
      BUY GOLD NOW! IT'S AT A DISCOUNT!! 25% FOR FREE!!!

<I'm joking, don't ban me mods, don't ban me>
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• 737373elj wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

i found this video its in german(good for me)but you can try using google translate.
      youtube.com/watch?v=wWSJYr1Lr0E
      Always been a fan of Kurzgesagt, here’s the English url:
      I've watched almost all of Isaac Arthur's videos. Really interesting, even if he does sound like Elmer Fudd.
      The KING of CoN News!!!