troop transport distance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• assume you are talking ferry distance and would be 2000 miles. but to tell just try to move to a desired airfield if out of Ferry range it will fly to nearest friendly airport of destination then either sail and/or drive from that point whichever is fastest.

To Increase Ferry distance; upgrade Unit Level ... then goes up to 5,000 and 10,000 and can pretty much fly anywhere. Even if < then required Ferry distance if have a network of Friendly airbases then it will get there but will just refuel on the way.

This isnt generally an issue if keep up proper research level as game progresses. If you are out of Ferry range it generally indicates you have outpaced your research.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

assume you are talking ferry distance and would be 2000 miles. but to tell just try to move to a desired airfield if out of Ferry range it will fly to nearest friendly airport of destination then either sail and/or drive from that point whichever is fastest.

To Increase Ferry distance; upgrade Unit Level ... then goes up to 5,000 and 10,000 and can pretty much fly anywhere. Even if < then required Ferry distance if have a network of Friendly airbases then it will get there but will just refuel on the way.

This isnt generally an issue if keep up proper research level as game progresses. If you are out of Ferry range it generally indicates you have outpaced your research.
      if i mean the ferry. The problem is that I need to know if they are going to get to an aerodrome by plane, before building that aerodrome. so as not to waste resources.
    • jaunco325 wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

assume you are talking ferry distance and would be 2000 miles. but to tell just try to move to a desired airfield if out of Ferry range it will fly to nearest friendly airport of destination then either sail and/or drive from that point whichever is fastest.

if i mean the ferry. The problem is that I need to know if they are going to get to an aerodrome by plane, before building that aerodrome. so as not to waste resources.
      well you can tell when you attempt the move.... select destination... it will show you whole path. if green flight line all the way you are good. if out of range it would show other wise. its not like plan juust stops at 2000 miles.

OK just saw you havnt built base yet.... well than best estimate is take a plane from that home base and see radius (most 750 miles) and if take like a 3 times that estimate should get you 2000 miles. Hasnt been an issue for me in long time as i acquire or build airbases as I go as i advance but early on I would just mark the circle off on peice of paper/ruler than go out 2 more from that point to see range...lol
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

jaunco325 wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

well you can tell when you attempt the move.... select destination... it will show you whole path. if green flight line all the way you are good. if out of range it would show other wise. its not like plan juust stops at 2000 miles.
      OK just saw you havnt built base yet.... well than best estimate is take a plane from that home base and see radius (most 750 miles) and if take like a 3 times that estimate should get you 2000 miles. Hasnt been an issue for me in long time as i acquire or build airbases as I go as i advance but early on I would just mark the circle off on peice of paper/ruler than go out 2 more from that point to see range...lol
      good idea. Thank you
    • Teburu wrote:

yeah sadly there isnt any 100% accurate way of measuring distances (with ingame tools that is)
      something thats direly needed imo
      yeah sadly there isnt any 100% accurate way of measuring distances (with ingame tools that is)

Teburu wrote:

something thats direly needed imo
      and radius is skewed on some area of maps ( ie you appear to go much further east/west vs north/west or vice versa)