Your Favorite Country

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Got a coalition win for Israel on my first time. It was actually very interesting. I made peace with everybody around me, settled down and prepared for my sim city thing... then realised that I didn't have enough resources. First game where I actually attacked other people on purpose and changed my entire point of view :D
      What is sim city? Is it some kind of turtling tactic ? I searched the forum but i couldn't find anything related to it.
      Yeah Sim City is a long run game where just build cities; amusement parks; etc. So its some like to build more than fight type thing. Ive actually had coalition partners who didnt want to attack anyone because it was "mean" and didnt want to hurt another countries feelings....lol. And he was serious. was like WTF this is a "War" game. So when I attacked people he called me a mean man for attacking people ;)
      And on the flip side I have attacked people (well after they attacked me) and as killing them they message me. "Please leave me alone I don't want to play with you anymore and just want to be left alone and to quit bullying him" needless to say wiped him out faster. I really dont get why people dont like to attack people in a war game and its not just because you dislike people. some of my best conversations and formed friendships have been with "enemy" countries. Its business not personal Sonny!!
      Once, was playing germany and got invaded by turkey. We got into conversation. Two days later my unit commander approached me asking if i played Conflict of nations, I said yes and then he told me that the player playing as turkey was actually him.
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE
    • Lol wanted to post this and was like where did my draft go but was on mobile all along :D
      I present to you my favourite countries:

Flashpoint:
      1. USA (idk why I just like huge countries. Easy to overwhelm Canada and Cuba especially in Flash where everybody just goes inactive. Take them on one-at-a-time and your good to go.)
      2. UK and Ireland (just going to lump them in as 5-city island nations which can annex a city early on. Ireland only has UK to worry about whereas UK also has France so prefer Ireland usually.)
      3. Norway (really new country that I thought of trying out. It’s actually pretty cool for me as only people to worry about are Finland and Sweden and they’re mostly inactive because this is Flashpoint. 6 cities is a boon but I hate the double oil thing.)

WWIII
      1. US (yes I like US that much, I mean, come on, 11 cities, a ton of money, guaranteed coalition with Canada and Mexico, very safe once South America and Cuba is clear and good doctrine for my taste???!!!)
      2. Australia and NZ (effectively just UK and Ireland all over again but with 9 cities for Australia so cool and nice doctrine for it too. Only have to worry about NZ and Indo for Aussie while just Australia for NZ.)
      3. Canada (now don’t ask my why but it just seems cool. Only have to worry about US, Quebec and Greenland as potential AI countries to take, and guaranteed coalition with US. Very safe. Only 6 cities though but that ain’t a problem.)

Honorable mention to Israel for reasons above.
    • GoldenGuy wrote:

Japan
      France
      United states of America (although it is difficult to select)
      France, huh?
      Interesting.
      Every single game I've been in, except 1, France gets beaten like a red headed step child.

And that 1 was a HEAVY gold user who put combat outposts in almost every province. They still lost because obviously as evidenced by all the combat outposts, they didn't know what they were doing (the also slapped down a lot of Local Industries in provinces with no resources), but they lasted longer than most.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I only played 4 games, won all of them. So I cant comment like what is most favorable country cos I played Serbia 2 times, Czech and Bulgaria.
      Serbia tried in ww3 and flashpoint and like it very much. Czechs and Bulgaria only in flashpoint maps.
      Yes I like challenge with small countries

Serbia is the best of 3 because you have a lot of space to immediately expand. Both ww3 and flashpoint. Yes you have strong neighbors but enough weak and AI for expansion. What else, Serbia has only one port city (oil in flaspoint don't remember in ww3) so if you loose it in surprise attack you can live with it. But you can still build navy if you want. Serbia is good for arty and I like a lot of arty and mobile defense units that can use airfields to relocate.

Bulgaria has 2 port cities in flaspoint which is bad. Esspecially that rare is one port city. And every city is on the border or very close. Bunkers are must playing with Bulgaria.
      Also less AI and weak neighbors to expand. Actually more bigger countries like Romania and Turkey and Greece is pain in the ass to conquer cos of a lot of islands.

Czechs are landlocked so you don't need to worry about sneaky navy attacks. But they also have 2 strong neighbors to deal with, Germany and Poland. Germany usually is some kid who attacks every neighboor. Only Slovakia is AI if not wrong and Hungaria and Austria small targets. But you can expect early stacks.

So my recommendation is Serbia, very fun and challenging to play.
    • i am gonna name 10 and give the reasons why

1. United States: it is the most overpowerd country and gives you very good chances of winning as long as it is in the right hands
      2. Brazil: good place for navel and ground units and plenty of people to attack and can also be very powerful if in the right hands
      3. Mexico: it is very important to have good allies and people near by to attack mexico has all of those little citys right under it and if allies with the United States will probably last longer
      4. Canada: i know you guys might think this should be 2 but if you are allies with the United States you dont really have anybody to attack you might just be sitting around half the game
      5. Argentina: it also has many enemys to attack but also many to worry about as long as you take chile and fast you can put all attention on those above you and that makes it a whole lot easier
      6. China: lots of enemys to attack possible good coalition
      7. Cuba: i know you might be like bruh your just stupid but think about this if you are in a coal with the u.s thats good protection right there and if you are smart you will make navy just put that navy around your citys and no one get near your land without going through your navy
      8. Japan: same as cuba
      9. Australia: no one really stays active as this country beacuse it is boring no one wants to attack you BUT! you need to use that make troops wait to see where you can get some good vp's and train go boom!
      10. Russia: some of you might know why this is so low some might not so yeah tons of money attacking positions but its huge and you dont have enouph troops to defend everywhere its very vunerable but can be useful in the hands of a pro and with a good coalition

If any of you disagree with me tell me why here or on my wall i really liked this subject and look forward to seeing what other people say
    • On FP, my favorite was formerly Cuba. Then I tried Syria and allied with Spain and Baltic. It’s going great. My proprietary skill analysis algorithm excellently predicted the most successful players, although of course that isn’t the most challenging on FP, but it nonetheless ensured that I currently have the top player on the leaderboard and militarily in my coalition. Baltic went inactive, but we have superiority over our enemies and by battle plan centered on rapid domination is working perfectly. I used the method of gradual initial advance building up to a later explosive push and it was superb; four countries by Day 16 and most after Day 10. Probably would have been even faster, but Turkey stacked 2 CRV and 11 Inf battalions in Tbilisi, so it took days of bombardment by my artillery and Air Force before that division was eliminated.

On WW3, I don’t normally like “big” countries because their size is frequently unmanageable during the initial stages, but France and India are actually pretty good thus regarding. Just join the regional coalition and get to winning. My France game is going quite excellently as well, and guess who my coalition is fighting with? India. We each managed to conquer at least a few countries, but Mexico had only taken out the US by the time we attacked.
    • Stratieon wrote:

rapid domination
      That's annihilation and decimation. Its a good tactic.

Stratieon wrote:

gradual initial advance
      Its a nice and common type of tactic and its called developing a front line and when a war is in a stalemate its called a developed front line but don't use it when fighting near the coast or on the banks of a river or you might get encircled if the enemy is smart enough.
      If you get encircled then WITHDRAW. YOU SHOULD NOT RETREAT, YOU SHOULD WITHDRAW.
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE

The post was edited 1 time, last by blue44elephant ().

• Dealer of Death wrote:

GoldenGuy wrote:

Japan
      France
      United states of America (although it is difficult to select)
      France, huh?Interesting.
      Every single game I've been in, except 1, France gets beaten like a red headed step child.

And that 1 was a HEAVY gold user who put combat outposts in almost every province. They still lost because obviously as evidenced by all the combat outposts, they didn't know what they were doing (the also slapped down a lot of Local Industries in provinces with no resources), but they lasted longer than most.
      Well I played france twice and won.
      I play only 1 game at a time so the number of games I played is less.
      Even I played as USA only 2 times.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • Stratieon wrote:

On FP, my favorite was formerly Cuba. Then I tried Syria and allied with Spain and Baltic. It’s going great. My proprietary skill analysis algorithm excellently predicted the most successful players, although of course that isn’t the most challenging on FP, but it nonetheless ensured that I currently have the top player on the leaderboard and militarily in my coalition. Baltic went inactive, but we have superiority over our enemies and by battle plan centered on rapid domination is working perfectly. I used the method of gradual initial advance building up to a later explosive push and it was superb; four countries by Day 16 and most after Day 10. Probably would have been even faster, but Turkey stacked 2 CRV and 11 Inf battalions in Tbilisi, so it took days of bombardment by my artillery and Air Force before that division was eliminated.

On WW3, I don’t normally like “big” countries because their size is frequently unmanageable during the initial stages, but France and India are actually pretty good thus regarding. Just join the regional coalition and get to winning. My France game is going quite excellently as well, and guess who my coalition is fighting with? India. We each managed to conquer at least a few countries, but Mexico had only taken out the US by the time we attacked.
      Syria was one of my 1st babies and love the 5 concentrated cities and natural defense (mtns to north; only 1 port to protect). Iran used to be an Auto country so was in the corner.

Turkey usually thinks they can big boy syria ... but their cities so far apart and slow terrain; them reinforcing attacks takes forever and only like 1 main pass through mtns they will always try to attack through.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • I don't find Cuba good in WWIII... way too many opponents like US (huge buff to production capacity), Mexico (replacing Cuba's role in Flashpoint) as well as Venezuela and Colombia. All may find Cuba a tasty meal. The only thing it has going for it is that everybody actually underestimates/ignores it early on, but when it comes to mid-game it's going to die pretty quickly.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Got a coalition win for Israel on my first time. It was actually very interesting. I made peace with everybody around me, settled down and prepared for my sim city thing... then realised that I didn't have enough resources. First game where I actually attacked other people on purpose and changed my entire point of view :D
      What is sim city? Is it some kind of turtling tactic ? I searched the forum but i couldn't find anything related to it.
      Yeah Sim City is a long run game where just build cities; amusement parks; etc. So its some like to build more than fight type thing. Ive actually had coalition partners who didnt want to attack anyone because it was "mean" and didnt want to hurt another countries feelings....lol. And he was serious. was like WTF this is a "War" game. So when I attacked people he called me a mean man for attacking people ;)
      And on the flip side I have attacked people (well after they attacked me) and as killing them they message me. "Please leave me alone I don't want to play with you anymore and just want to be left alone and to quit bullying him" needless to say wiped him out faster. I really dont get why people dont like to attack people in a war game and its not just because you dislike people. some of my best conversations and formed friendships have been with "enemy" countries. Its business not personal Sonny!!
      This is just amusing :rolleyes:
      "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
      -General George S. Patton
    • My clear favorite in WWIII is GB. Early fleet and you are impenetrable. Lets the other boys kick their ass around in continental Europe and then at day 10 march in with all the troops you could build so far.
      Flashpoint is Turkey. Clean up the backyard (Syria and Irak/Iran) and then you are all set to go...If you block yourself with a good navy then no one is coming for you.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.