Your Favorite Country

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think my overall favorite is, like the OP said, India. I'm also surprised they said Canada. Not that there's anything wrong with Canada, but I just would have never guessed it was one of anyone's favorites.

I hate to be "difficult", but I'm not sure how to interpret "favorite". For instance, I tend to do really well with the huge countries, but I don't necessarily think they're the most fun to play. So, I'm going to interpret this question as which other three top nations (besides India) do I have the most fun playing, even if they don't give me the best chances for success.

1. Chad - There's something about rocking Africa that just really entertains me. That being said, It's landlocked; so, by the time I fight my way through the continent, Annex a seaport, and start building ships, I'm usually already too far behind navy-wise to make much of a move on the rest of the world by myself.

2. Japan - I have a personal connection to Japan, and it's a Western Doctrine Island nation with 7 cities. This is one that I both really enjoy and do really well with. It's strong and isolated/defensible while also fitting my playstyle well.

3. Serbia - Small and fiesty with fun terrain and surroundings. I don't generally like Europe, but Serbia (and Austria or Greece) inject a little fun into it.

There are also a number of nations that I would probably really enjoy but that I never play just because I feel like they're almost "too natural" a choice for me, if that makes sense? Cuba, Egypt, Colombia, Iran, etc. I don't really know how to explain that other than to tell you that my thought goes something like this, "Ohhhhh, maybe I'll play Cuba... nah, come on, man."
    • Argentina or germany are my personal favorites. I like argentina bcs i can rush chile and if i can team with at least one other person i can have a good chance at not being touched the entire game. Naval infantry, ships, bit of ground troops and whatnot and i'm good to go, dont get touched. Germany fits my style of rush everyone and everything :D
    • Depends on map. Ive been trying to not repeat countries (myanmar was early a favorite on world map; Syria on Flashpoint).

But have been trying different countries / regions. Main thing I need to implement my Navy and Air so anything that isnt landlocked.

Guess next challenge will be to see if can win on a landlocked country ... but seems boring without my Navy ;)

If had to be pressed would go with Australia I guess.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Nobody asked, and a little off-topic, but timely (I'll remove the response, if the OP doesn't want it here): I just randomed, and it looks like I may have discovered my new LEAST favorite nation to play.

Namibia. Wow. Not a lot to love here. Neighbors on three sides, at least two of whom are objectively stronger. Five cities. One port. European Doctrine. Poor. Kind of a mish-mosh of terrain... ummmm... woof.

I guess I never played Namibia before. Not a big surprise, really; there's not a whole lot here to catch one's attention, as far as I can tell.
    • FLASHPOINT
      1 UK - Center of the Map so less average morale problems no matter which way you go. Plus Island nation, so no heavy breathing early on.
      2 Cuba - like starting in a corner with only 2 directions to worry about, plus usually easy to take the usa because they are mostly overconfident starting there
      3 Iran - corner thing again, but nowhere as nice is cuba since I'm a big Naval player, takes forever to annex a port

WW3
      1 Australia - what can I say, an Island and continent
      2 New Zealand - you get left alone unless Australia is being a bugger
      3 South Africa - lots of ports, only 1 direction to worry about - UP
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Nobody asked, and a little off-topic, but timely (I'll remove the response, if the OP doesn't want it here): I just randomed, and it looks like I may have discovered my new LEAST favorite nation to play.

Namibia. Wow. Not a lot to love here. Neighbors on three sides, at least two of whom are objectively stronger. Five cities. One port. European Doctrine. Poor. Kind of a mish-mosh of terrain... ummmm... woof.

I guess I never played Namibia before. Not a big surprise, really; there's not a whole lot here to catch one's attention, as far as I can tell.
      Least favorite was Venezuela I guess.... did well and won but didnt like jungles/mtns ; damn rivers cutting off movement ... then when cleared S America everything is REALLY far away from Homeland cities.... probably the furthest point to all other countries on Avg.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

PerigeeNil wrote:

Nobody asked, and a little off-topic, but timely (I'll remove the response, if the OP doesn't want it here): I just randomed, and it looks like I may have discovered my new LEAST favorite nation to play.

Least favorite was Venezuela I guess.... did well and won but didnt like jungles/mtns ; damn rivers cutting off movement ... then when cleared S America everything is REALLY far away from Homeland cities.... probably the furthest point to all other countries on Avg.
      Australia is a bit like that, at first, you are out away from the action, then later, you are out away from the action and takes forever to get rolling.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • My favorite country is Israel. Nothing feels better then a blue and white colored flag steamrolling entire the Middle East and parts of North Africa. And then flattening Europe like a pancake. By the way my next country specific guide is going to be on Israel.
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

My favorite country is Israel. Nothing feels better then a blue and white colored flag steamrolling entire the Middle East and parts of North Africa. And then flattening Europe like a pancake. By the way my next country specific guide is going to be on Israel.
      It is satisfying. I scored a solo win in WWIII 4x with Israel one time.
      yeah especially that satisfactory moment when a flood of messages arrive asking for coalition.
    • 737373elj wrote:

Got a coalition win for Israel on my first time. It was actually very interesting. I made peace with everybody around me, settled down and prepared for my sim city thing... then realised that I didn't have enough resources. First game where I actually attacked other people on purpose and changed my entire point of view :D
      did you betray them? Anyways do consider reading my Israel guide when it comes out.
    • 737373elj wrote:

Got a coalition win for Israel on my first time. It was actually very interesting. I made peace with everybody around me, settled down and prepared for my sim city thing... then realised that I didn't have enough resources. First game where I actually attacked other people on purpose and changed my entire point of view :D
      What is sim city? Is it some kind of turtling tactic ? I searched the forum but i couldn't find anything related to it.
    • blue44elephant wrote:

737373elj wrote:

What is sim city? Is it some kind of turtling tactic ? I searched the forum but i couldn't find anything related to it.
      Yeah Sim City is a long run game where just build cities; amusement parks; etc. So its some like to build more than fight type thing. Ive actually had coalition partners who didnt want to attack anyone because it was "mean" and didnt want to hurt another countries feelings....lol. And he was serious. was like WTF this is a "War" game. So when I attacked people he called me a mean man for attacking people ;)

And on the flip side I have attacked people (well after they attacked me) and as killing them they message me. "Please leave me alone I don't want to play with you anymore and just want to be left alone and to quit bullying him" needless to say wiped him out faster. I really dont get why people dont like to attack people in a war game and its not just because you dislike people. some of my best conversations and formed friendships have been with "enemy" countries. Its business not personal Sonny!!