Reduce ship research cost

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Reduce ship research cost

Now this may be rather controversial but I want to say remove the rare material research costs of frigates and cruisers.
      Right now, Frigates cost is 1400 + 1750, or 3150. This is in contrast to Destroyers which are 1900. This literally makes no sense as frigates are still smaller than destroyers and less expensive overall, yet right now they are 1.5x the cost of destroyers. Same with cruisers which are not as expensive as aircraft carriers (or as expensive as at most) yet cost 4350 compared to 2750.
      My suggestion is to change Frigate cost (excluding corvettes) from 1750 to 1000 or 900, and cruisers from 2400 to 1500 or 1200. This will both make it more realistic and increase the usage of cruisers and frigates.
      Note that this is just a suggestion.
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Well worth it ..... Friggs in reality have far more complexity than destroyers. I only build friggs and im not complaining; plus you only need Navy 2 to build versus Navy 3 so save those resources. And I beat Destroyers all the time. I would rather deal with a stack of destroyers coming at my city than friggs. So you are basically researching a Ship and a Advanced AA unit (combination of AA and SAM)

Destroyers are like the tanks of the sea. Bigger punch and HP but extremely limited air defense. Can take them out easy with stack of Strike Fighters and even easier when get Missiles. Friggate stack you have to take out by sea only. Generally 1 officer / 4 Friggs and unless they have 4 - 5 destroyers going down. Plus most dont understand navy tactics so easier to beat bigger stacks with timing and strategy. I think Friggs more like AFV compared to tanks and think there research is higher as multi functional technology??
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Buckeye Build List:
      Frigate
      Frigate
      SF
      NG
      NG
      Frigate
      SF
      Frigate
      Frigate
      NG
      Frigate
      SF
      Pretty close but start of like:

Days 1 - 3 (vettes and ASF still give you power in seas and air over oppoenents nothing)
      Corvette
      ASF
      NG
      NG
      INF
      INF

Days 4 - 5 (ok now have base/research for upgrades)
      Frig
      SF
      NG
      NG
      INF
      INF

Days 6 - 7 (Now Im building up multiple SF capable per day)
      Frig
      SF
      SF
      NG
      NG
      Inf

Days 8 - 9 (already at this point have enough invasion Inf force with starting units plus what built 1st week)
      Frig
      SF
      SF
      SF
      NG
      NG

Day 10 (now im building up till i get 3 or 4 full squads of fighters (they get 90 pct of my kills)
      Frig
      SF
      SF
      SF
      SF
      SF

* - last few games started researching Cruise missiles way early (I have q very skinny research tree so have the resources) so by Day 15ish start cranking warheads to line up when I can begin launching CM. now each SF squad can deal out a max damage of 30 - 35 HP hard and asoft with strike plus the 50 soft / 150 hard with cruise Miss before the strike. So in one sortie could if need be launch 5 cm at a huge stack to soften take out what armor it has ( CM not really cost effective against Soft but damage will be split on a mixed stack).

And yes Teburu will say what great AA defense he would have but 98 pct of people dont and may have 1 AA unit dishing out 4.5 HP damage. And that AA will be gone quick. And If by chance they do have ASF's I have that squad of 4 - 5 ASF of mine ready to counter that on standby.

No other combination in the game of SF / CM can dish out that much damage at a range of 750 - 900 Miles and when I have 3 or 4 of these stacks can deliver up to in theory like 500 plus HP damage in first hr if had to. Obviously wouldn't want to deplete whole missile inventory and/or restock window of 12 hrs unless an emergency.

Given this over whelming fire power all those little "toy soldiers" I built just walking behind the front holding cities and taking prov.

Also key is DONT loose units ... Add to your arsenal dont chew up and lose existing units (which see 90 pct of people do). And even Teburu and others say well you will lose 1 or 2 out of that SF .. No .. No I dont. Monitor the stack health and when that 5 stack gets close to that 80 pct peal 1 out and send home to an adv hosp/airbase with 3 or 4 HP per day healing. Replace with fresh unit to boost Stack health or in emergency even fight with 4 .. 3 ... heck 2 but dont lose the unit (too valuable to sacrifice).

I havent lost a strike fighter in last 5 - 6 games due to fine tuning my damage management. Also use my Friggs to protect my troops and SF. If see a guy has been killing with ASF. will start of near coast then when he thinks hes going to jump my SF with his ASF .... retreat back to cover of a 4 or 5 stack of friggs that will throw up 30 hp damage.

Best single engagement ever was some guy flew 2 over stacked ASF at a coastal city thinking he was getting the jump on my SF....Think I had two frigg stacks (1 with a Officer) shelling 2 close S Africa area cities. Saw his radar blips coming in.... retreted on other side of my AA envelopes. Dropped 7 of his ASF in 10 min ....
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • That’s an interesting philosophy; many people stop amassing aircraft at a total of two and maybe three wings. Your strategy definitely appears to be based on multidomain superiority through air and sea capabilities, with ground forces only acting in a facilitating role. Nowadays though, I find it very meta to put at least two SAMs in each ground stack. In the air, I’ve been utilizing damage mitigation technique in mixing ASFs and Strikes. Works wonders for the latter’s survivability. On the ground, I tend to use an inordinate quantity of unit types. In European Doctrine, TDs, AFVs, ACVs, Marines, Mechanized, SAMs, Mobile Artillery, Towed Artillery, and sometimes even more. This ensures that if I take a strike, I’m leveraging damage mitigation and the strike does 1/7th-1/9th the damage to each unit than it would have done to a pure stack. Advanced strikes? 6*5=30. 30/9=3.3 damage to each unit, even before any entrenchment bonuses, which would go 2.475 minimum or about 1.65 at a single level increase. For European strikes, they have almost 30 hp per at advanced level. Running the usual two SAMs, they take AA envelope 8 per *2 = 16; with point defense 32. That’s losing one squadron per airstrike and one squadron every two airstrikes with damage mitigation mixing, while it would take a minimum of five strikes to take down even a single unit, while each strike would lose at least half a strike squadron.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Well worth it ..... Friggs in reality have far more complexity than destroyers. I only build friggs and im not complaining; plus you only need Navy 2 to build versus Navy 3 so save those resources. And I beat Destroyers all the time. I would rather deal with a stack of destroyers coming at my city than friggs. So you are basically researching a Ship and a Advanced AA unit (combination of AA and SAM)

Destroyers are like the tanks of the sea. Bigger punch and HP but extremely limited air defense. Can take them out easy with stack of Strike Fighters and even easier when get Missiles. Friggate stack you have to take out by sea only. Generally 1 officer / 4 Friggs and unless they have 4 - 5 destroyers going down. Plus most dont understand navy tactics so easier to beat bigger stacks with timing and strategy. I think Friggs more like AFV compared to tanks and think there research is higher as multi functional technology??
      AFVs? More like ACVs! However, Frigs can be fought from air, land, and sea, although it requires a unique approach facilitated by specialized units - destroyers, cruisers, or corvette spam to defeat Frigs from the sea, MRLS or Mobile Artillery to defeat them from land, and NSFs or Naval Patrol Aircraft to defeat them from the air. Additionally, ballistic or intercontinental ballistic missiles are capable of defeating frigates easily, especially in a sufficiently effective saturation attack.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

well not going to just sit in mrls range..... Naval patrol would get shot down before even got a shot off against a frigg stack.
      True. Unless one was sitting in naval bombardment range. Naval patrol is much cheaper than Frigs, and once they can be produced easily and are kept up to date with upgrading would be quite capable of surviving the AA tick with relatively few losses.