ISO Advice on 1x Speed Game Management

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• blue44elephant wrote:

Pafufu wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

I always build ASFs and if I play navy I build frigates too. I have no problems with my stats. I wreck most players because they have neither.

If you are only only every 8 hours, that might be a reason. In war I am only over very long periods of time, regularly checking and updating.
      Same. These units are not niche, they are essential to air superiority, and air units personally are the thing I fear most. Honestly, without these I would find it hard to even build an air force or navy. @blue44elephant, how do you build air forces or navies if you don’t have air superiority?
      before we go any further:can they counter my air defense networks?
      can they stay safe from enemy spy network?
      can they be mobilized and organized fast enough( IMPORTANT)
      can you be patient enough to map out the layout of enemy air defense networks, overlapping anti-aircraft fire,etc? THIS PROCCESS TAKES THREE DAYS AT THE BEST.

No unit can counter a air-defense network by itself.

If you keep ASF in the air, it is hard to catch them with spies and ships are pretty much impossible anyway.

Not sure what you mean with 'mobilized fast enough'.

First I would need to find somebody with a dedicated air defense network, most players do not have one at all.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

First I would need to find somebody with a dedicated air defense network, most players do not have one at all.
      BRUH, why? Considering air strikes increase in intensity and quality. Also what I meant by mobilization is how fast the unit can be put on STAND BY until further orders are given. You see the term mobilization means a country preparing its forces for armed conflict but it also includes the deployment part, because you don't want to risk civilian casualties so we will be moved to as far as possible from cities if the enemy decides they don't want any further mobilization done on your side.
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE
    • Kalrakh wrote:

How should I know? Probably because most players play not even half hearted. :D

Okey, in CON mobilisation means: Producing a unit, which is more or less the same amount for most units. Some take longer some shorter, the only quick one are NGs but they are also mostly useless.
      Ok, ignore last three lines and what does the first sentence mean?
    • blue44elephant wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

My meatshield strategy is more the ground implementation of aerial damage mitigation techniques. I research a ton of ground units and put them all in a stack. That means that if the enemy makes a ballistic missile strike on a troop concentration, I don’t loose a unit and am then at liberty to establish cover, target the enemy, and execute a successful withdrawal. It has the added benefit of equipping me with the direct counter of any enemy unit.
      Is it really so important to use meatshields? you are just losing resources, really trust me I went for some of the crappy advice on meatshields BY A LOT OF GOOD PLAYERS and naval advice by your one and only BUCKEYECHAMP and the advice SUCKED! If you want proof take a look at my stats.
      I never recommend the consistent use of dedicated meatshields. Accurate application is essential. Application adjusts how advice affects action. My strategy is to mix units so that much more damage is required to kill an individual unit. For instance, having two mech and two marine battalions with two TDs and AFVs vs four mech and four AFV. In the latter case, a strike of, say, one ballistic missile would destroy an entire unit or two of AFVs. In the former, damage mitigation by unit is doubled since the spread is as well, so from 80/2=40 to 80/4=20, with 25/4 for the infantry. Infantry take almost no losses, TDs and AFVs take heavy casualties but don’t lose a unit. I rotate the division out of theater, replace it, and return it after a short period of healing at a high level hospital or afloat in a safe bay.
    • I waged aggressive wars using these video game tactics and I paid the price that's why I try to stick to real life because these video games tactics demand a lot of TIME, something which I don't have much. I just hope my units don't die before I send them for the day and that's why my progress is slow: 1 or 2 cities every 4-5 days, as I only check twice a day, once in the morning for any notification or suspicious stuff and once at night to give orders.
    • that is not very much...any half-ass active player will tear you apart in the 12 h you are offline.

Sadly there is no really good "i go offline" defensive strategy in this game. you can put lots of long range artillery and passive AA defensise into your cities.

But because of tick glimpses they can just bomb you without casualties.
      see here
      About season subs and the stealth officer
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• Stratieon wrote:

Ehh. Some people do just 20-40 minutes a day per game and still have solid stats, strategies, and successes.

Pafufu wrote:

‘Just’ perhaps is the wrong word. I’m highly active, but I only spend about 5 minutes at a time checking my game.

I think activity in terms of shorter, more frequent checks is a lot more effective than longer, less frequent activity.
      Given my profession I can't do those things.
    • From my experience playing mostly 1x games on flashpoint you have to be online most of the time if you want to win.
      Better to check in every hour or half an hour if you can for 5-10 minutes than to be online 3-4 hours.
      Most games in the beginning (if you are not in early conflict with strong player) are easy with no stress at all. You develop and if you are like me you quckly expand every day (because I always play small nations with 5 cities so need to catch bigger countries).
      But there is turning point in every game and it is probably from 10th to 15th day in game where it will be decided are you gonna win or not. It can be sooner, maybe from 5th day but probably not later than 15th day in flashpoint.
      And that is the most stressful period of every game where you need to be online almost all the time.
      Esspecially if you are like me trying to achieve combined arms with arty and air units attacking in the same time. That way I can destroy strongest player in one day or half a day sometimes. Timing the attacks with helicopters, strikes and arty while attacking and defending the cities with ground troops requires a lot of online presence. But I usually have very low casualties because of online presence.
      Than again after that period you are free to chill.

So I really don't understand how can you achieve this in 4x game?
      Yes you can easely time your attacks in those 3-4 hours you're online but what about the rest of the time?
      As I explained above sometimes it is essential to be almost whole day (several days) online in that crucial period of the game.

For example in one of my games I managed to quickly destroy strong German player almost in several hours. At least 3 stacks of 100+hp and a stack of 5 strikes + 2 asf. It is a lot of troops in 10-15th day in game.
      First my strikes attack or helicopters depending od enemy composition, then constant arty bombardment and in meanwhile I destroyed enemy airfield to ground his airplanes to be able to destroy them on the ground. My ground troops mostly finished his troops just to take cities to prepare for a defense. Almost no casualties on my side, maybe 1 helicopter and one half hp recon unit.
      He was out of the game in several hours. Didn't help him he was online trying to bomb my capital. He was a little bit stronger than me in air, I countered him with TD's against his MBT and he didn't have arty. My AA was on the way but not there.

So even you can prepare all this in 4x you will not be able to remain your presence in all of those essential days for the game.
    • Stratieon wrote:

Ehh. Some people do just 20-40 minutes a day per game and still have solid stats, strategies, and successes.
      True in absolute, but most of us here consider 24/24 7/7 as a standard. Over the guy that play 20-40 minutes a day, there is a gap :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

True in absolute, but most of us here consider 24/24 7/7 as a standard. Over the guy that play 20-40 minutes a day, there is a gap :D
      It’s still essentially daily, just less time in that timeframe. It’s just a different playstyle that requires a unique approach, but it can still work.
    • Stratieon wrote:

Opulon wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

It’s still essentially daily, just less time in that timeframe. It’s just a different playstyle that requires a unique approach, but it can still work.
      Yes, less active players have to resort to strategies like the extensive use of ground units in order to make up for the issue that they can’t micromanage.
    • Pafufu wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

Opulon wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

Yes, less active players have to resort to strategies like the extensive use of ground units in order to make up for the issue that they can’t micromanage.
      to be fair: if you arent active you can just sit somewhere and defend that position; most ppl will come and suicide into your troops :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions