potential Bug: Spies in Coalition Cities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• potential Bug: Spies in Coalition Cities

Ok last game I noticed Coalition countries showing up in our Intelligence Feed... That indicated that one member had spies in another ccoalition member ountry. I asked/threatened everyone not to do this and to remove all spies from fellow members and everyone denied doing it.

But in this current game .. had a guy that was complete fool in coalition so kicked... and in preparation put 3 spies in every city on sabotage ( thinking wouldn't kick in till tomorrow when kicked ). but despite him still in coalition; I was just able to wreck all his cities despite us being coalition partners. Thats not right.

But be weary Peeps you coalition partners can spy on you including sabotage and assume corruption?? seems like a bug or just bad design??
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Ok last game I noticed Coalition countries showing up in our Intelligence Feed... That indicated that one member had spies in another ccoalition member ountry. I asked/threatened everyone not to do this and to remove all spies from fellow members and everyone denied doing it.

But in this current game .. had a guy that was complete fool in coalition so kicked... and in preparation put 3 spies in every city on sabotage ( thinking wouldn't kick in till tomorrow when kicked ). but despite him still in coalition; I was just able to wreck all his cities despite us being coalition partners. Thats not right.

But be weary Peeps you coalition partners can spy on you including sabotage and assume corruption?? seems like a bug or just bad design??
      I was once the cause of this, ... by accident. I was spying on a 3rd party city that was taken by a coalition partner. I forgot about my spy, but he kept spying. Fortunately it was just intelligence.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I could potentially see Intelligence but why would it allow you to sabotage or corrupt an ally. you can not attack a coalition partner so why should you be able to damage his cities.

And its not like you can hide spying on a coalition partner as the intel shows up in the shared intel for all coalition partners, not just yours.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• I guesse will have to use counter spies sooner and if i ever catch a coalition partner spying.. to me thats an act of war and they would be kicked out ASAP and attacked. But thats just me

• ofc its bound to cause issues when you place spies in someones provinces/cities without their consent
      but between ppl who trust/ know eachother thats the most simple way to shut down enemy sabotage spies
      cuz they can’t sabotage that airfield if there already 3 foreign spies stationed there ^^
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

ofc its bound to cause issues when you place spies in someones provinces/cities without their consent
      but between ppl who trust/ know each other thats the most simple way to shut down enemy sabotage spies
      cuz they can’t sabotage that airfield if there already 3 foreign spies stationed there ^^
      so you are saying if me and you are partners and i put 3 in all your cities and you put 3 in all mine... we are both spy proof? somehow think that was an uninteneded benefit. but thanks never thought of it that way.

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

Teburu wrote:

ofc its bound to cause issues when you place spies in someones provinces/cities without their consent
      but between ppl who trust/ know each other thats the most simple way to shut down enemy sabotage spies
      so you are saying if me and you are partners and i put 3 in all your cities and you put 3 in all mine... we are both spy proof? somehow think that was an uninteneded benefit. but thanks never thought of it that way.
      Somewhat accurate albeit exclusively within limitation to the simultaneous juxtaposition of the affirmative and negative according to the relative restrictions of universal scope. It would require the installation of intelligence units in the entirety of occupied regions to ensure a proximity to the perfectly impervious disposition relative to such forces of the enemy deployed into friendly territory offensively.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Teburu wrote:

It works, but first you must be able to afford it. 3 spies per city are 30k investment and 6k per day, you need to be quite big to afford that without wrecking your economy. Also those spies might still get caught and need replacement.

Also such accidently sabotages, just happen, because you conquered a city and the spies from your comrades did not get removed in time.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Teburu wrote:

It works, but first you must be able to afford it. 3 spies per city are 30k investment and 6k per day, you need to be quite big to afford that without wrecking your economy. Also those spies might still get caught and need replacement.

Also such accidently sabotages, just happen, because you conquered a city and the spies from your comrades did not get removed in time.
      That’s plenty late game. Although I’d normally prefer to engage in offensive intelligence operations to strategically disrupt enemy efforts.
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

I guesse will have to use counter spies sooner and if i ever catch a coalition partner spying.. to me thats an act of war and they would be kicked out ASAP and attacked. But thats just me
      I think that's a bit of an overreaction. You can already see each others troops and secret buildings, and most of the info a spy on an "intelligence" mission is useless anyhow.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD