Favorite unit types

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Favorite unit types

I really like this kind of subject so i created 1 name your 2 favorite type of units for Navy, Ground force, Airforce (missiles count as airforce)

Ground units:
      1: Special Forces: basically the most over power attacking unit in the game easily tops my list by far
      2: Recon Vehicle: i know you might think this dude i just the worst player ever but if you notice they can also air assault after being upgraded meaning i can stack those with SAS and still have the power to air assault and even more attacking and defending power

Air force:
      1: Stealth Strike fighter: it is over powerd
      2: heavy bomber: good for infantry units if not using strikes

Navy:
      1: Destroyer: takes out subs the best and is almost as good as cruiser in dmg to ships
      2. Ballistic Missile Subs: shoots missile whats not to love?
    • Ground:
      1. Basic Inf: basically (no pun intended) expensive national guard with better stats and ranged attack at high levels. who wouldn't want that? and amount of time to start mobilisation is like, 1 1/2 mins!
      2. AFV: versatile and adaptable, budget MBT (and yeah, MBTs do look cool) but does better in far more places.

Air:
      1. [tie] ASF + Strike: no brainer. Buckeyechamp said it before many times, ASF is budget Strike, and Strikes are epic.

Navy:
      1. [tie] Destroyers + Frigs: can kill ships easily as well as submarines. only thing it loses to (except cruisers, but those are ridiculously rare anyway) are a stack of 5 frigs. But Destroyers can be stacked too! unless you count strikes being in the battle too. And Frigs... yeah Buckeye said it already. I'm feeling rather lazy today.
    • Ground:
      1. radar - it’s should be a sin not to have one
      2. artillery - hardcounter to any groundunit :D
      3. honorable mention to tanks cuz they look nice

Air:
      1. Asf - best airunit you can have
      2. Helis - cuz elite OP

Navy:
      1. season subs -basically the OP unit for active players
      2. destroyers - best allround ship
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Ground:

1. Mot Inf (already start with them and like the lvl 6 built in artillary) so by time research that level have dozens of "free atrillary). But generally are not using to attack.

NG - Easy to mass produce to hold/defend. Depends on game which one build more of)

2. AFV I guess ... like the speed and built in Air defense over Tanks.

Air:

Strike Fighters
      More Strike Fighters w/ CM ;)

Backup ASF Squad for Defense; Fall on sword to take out an oppenent ASF squad; and/or mix in with SF to absorb damage.

Navy:
      Friggs -- The real most versitle ship besides navy officer

Navy Officer ( Captain Crunch is the man) basically combines a Cruiser with a Frigg and an attack Sub. No other officer has as much value / cross functionality. Fast/Cheap Research. Combined with 4 Friggs nearly impossible to defeat. If building officers dont forget to upgrade as soon as possible and far as you can. The research perks are pretty big and cheap.

Ballistic Subs - just a few but have Ball missile unlocked to get to Cruise misiles so might as be able to use them. And a Conv Ballistic packs decent punch. Use to soften up inland countries /disable city production as can reach most anything with 1000 range plus the mobility of Sub.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• This really depends considerably on doctrine. However, for the basic common essential elements of my capable multidomain military force:

Ground:

1. Mot Inf - Flexible to the hilt and past.
      2. AFVs - Again, maximally flexible.
      3. Artillery. Again, extremely flexible.

Also radars, SF, Mechanized, and AA.

Air:

Um... everything. Depends on situation. However:

1. Ofc tie: ASF+Strikes, predominantly the latter. Because.. well.. CMs. What's not to like?
      2. Missiles (CMs). So good they deserve the mention. Again, flexible.

Navy:

1. Navy Officer - 1-1 perhaps the most capable unit in the game? Definitely the best officer.
      2. Tie: Frigates-Destroyers. Most well rounded ship overall stacked with Navy Officer. Generally the frigates take this, but destroyers are sometimes the ideal ship.
    • 737373elj wrote:

UAVs are a viable strategy, and some people use them frequently. However, just asking,

Pafufu wrote:

giving me the intelligence I need to target and destroy using the hallowed ASF/Strike fighter combo.
      How do you do that without getting killed?

Pafufu wrote:

I pair them with ASFs.
      Yep, the ultimate damage mitigating strike package applied to aerial RSTA platforms. Additionally, you can simply overfly an enemy country with UAVs before attacking. It’s surprising how much intelligence can
    • titankiller11 wrote:

I really like this kind of subject so i created 1 name your 2 favorite type of units for Navy, Ground force, Airforce (missiles count as airforce)

Ground units:
      1: Special Forces: basically the most over power attacking unit in the game easily tops my list by far
      2: Recon Vehicle: i know you might think this dude i just the worst player ever but if you notice they can also air assault after being upgraded meaning i can stack those with SAS and still have the power to air assault and even more attacking and defending power

Air force:
      1: Stealth Strike fighter: it is over powerd
      2: heavy bomber: good for infantry units if not using strikes

Navy:
      1: Destroyer: takes out subs the best and is almost as good as cruiser in dmg to ships
      2. Ballistic Missile Subs: shoots missile whats not to love?
      Cruiser vs Destroyer

Destroyer HP x DMG = 600

Cruiser HP x DMG = 1,500

(Cruisers are 2.50 x stronger vs Destroyers)
      -------------------------------------------------------

Destroyer vrs Submarine

Destroyer HP x DMG = 750

Submarine HP x DMG = 750

(Destroyers are equal vs Submarines)

---------------------------------------------------------

Cruisers vs Destroyers (Vs Submarines)

Destroyer HP x DMG = 750

Cruiser HP x DMG = 375

(Destroyers are 2 x stronger vs Submarines)

---------------------------------------------------------

In conclusion: A stack of Cruisers will destroy a stack of Destroyers with minimal casualties. A stack of Submarines can destroy a stack of Cruisers with ease. A stack of destroyers is equal to a stack of Submarines.

So in other words, Destroyers are basically pointless. All the enemy has to do is fire it's subs from deep waters and it will be equal to Destroyers (Which are meant to destroy subs).

You are better off building Cruisers to counter ships and Subs to counter enemy subs. That way when there are no enemy subs you get the bonus of the extra damage your subs can have vs ships compared to building subs.

There is, 99% of the time enough room to always fire Subs from deep seas.
    • destroyers are basically more efficient cruisers lategame ^^
      while its true that cruisers have a bit more dmg/HP these attributes are completly irrelevant in ranged combat
      cruisers shine especially early-midgame through their range/speedadvantage
      but their high cost makes them not sustainable in large quantities
      on top of that maxing them out is just a waste of time and ressources
      I am The Baseline for opinions