Land of Misfit Tanks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Land of Misfit Tanks

The vast majority of us recognize that Main Battle Tanks are generally not super practical and often don't provide a proportionate amout of return for the investment (even though they look cool). Taking that as a given (which means that you don't need to respond with how MBTs aren't worth it; we know), IF one was going to build/use MBTs, what, in your opinion, are some of the best nations to use to do that?

I'll start us off with a potential contender:

CHAD

Landlocked nation. Eastern Doctrine. A large, contiguous section of Open Ground right in the heart of it's Homeland territories. Lots of Desert to the north and west. People who play African countries often love to spam infantry.

Obviously, there are also lots of mountains, jungles, forests in Africa, so no one's claiming MBTs are the perfect unit there or anywhere. Try to stick to the parameters of the question, though. IF a player was going to use MBTs, what would be some good nations for them to choose to do that?
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

The vast majority of us recognize that Main Battle Tanks are generally not super practical and often don't provide a proportionate amout of return for the investment (even though they look cool). Taking that as a given (which means that you don't need to respond with how MBTs aren't worth it; we know), IF one was going to build/use MBTs, what, in your opinion, are some of the best nations to use to do that?

I'll start us off with a potential contender:

CHAD

Landlocked nation. Eastern Doctrine. A large, contiguous section of Open Ground right in the heart of it's Homeland territories. Lots of Desert to the north and west. People who play African countries often love to spam infantry.

Obviously, there are also lots of mountains, jungles, forests in Africa, so no one's claiming MBTs are the perfect unit there or anywhere. Try to stick to the parameters of the question, though. IF a player was going to use MBTs, what would be some good nations for them to choose to do that?
      Saudi may be a good option for tanks i guess. Iran/ Iraq

Tanks are best off as an early intimidation factor.... First time I ran into a big stack freaked out. but just side stepped them and cleaned up from behind till picked apart from Air (no air defense). so good early on in game running over countries i guess.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • I was thinking of that area too. I'll have to take a closer look, though, because I'm curious how much Open Ground there is compared to Desert. I say that because MBTs do get nice bonuses in Desert, but Open Ground is where they really shine. Any combination of those two terrains is good, but the more Open Ground, the better.

So, I just looked, and Saudi is, of course, almost all Desert but has relatively little Open Ground. You don't get much until you get east to Iran. The Tehran/Rast/Azerbaijan area has some, and the western -istans have quite a bit. Actually Kazakhstan kind of fits all of the conditions the three of us have mentioned so far.
    • At some point in the near future, I might try a Kazakh tank game. I've never played Kazakhstan yet, but I've always wanted to. I've strayed away from it because of it's combination of Doctrine/Size/Terrain/Location, but it might be a good place to get all "Tanky" just for fun. Isn't it SUPER resource poor, though? That might make it tough to do much tanking.