What are the benefits of joining the security council?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Which of those is "worth it" to you is going to depend on what you like and how you use them.

Personally, the following are some of my favorites that I miss when I don't have them:

Build/Mobilization Queuing - There's just no way around this one being a huge benefit. You can create a queue to set buildings and units to be created when space and resources become available. You have to sleep sometime and we all have other things going on in our lives. Unless you're setting alarms and setting aside real life stuff to make sure you never miss a moment, if you aren't using queuing, you're losing time when buildings and units could be under construction. I play 4x all the time and when I go to bed, I lose over an entire game day every time. Build/mobilization queuing makes sure that there's still some constructive stuff going on during that time. For me, JUST Build Queuing is enough to make Security Council worth it.

Fire control - This is especially helpful with naval units and artillery. It also allows you a much more nuanced combination of movement and firing when the mixture of those two things has to be just right.

Rally points - Some people use this more than I do, but I probably use it at some point in almost all games. It's another automation process that keeps you from wasting time by waiting to do something manually. Instead of your units sitting in your cities after they are mobilized waiting for you to move them, they automatically start out on their own to where you want them to go.

Also, getting to keep the seasonal units isn't bad. I mean, sure, you might not always be drooling over them, but it's still nice to have the option to use them, right? So far, we've had the tank, the helo, and the shallow subs. I've used all of them at one point or another. I kind of doubt that I'd ever miss any of them if I didn't have them, but it's nice never having to find that out.