The ability to manually set the ID number in divisions(ex 8th division)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 737373elj wrote:

It'll also be more interesting to name units: gives you a sense of attachment to them. And hopefully prevent rushers, because those people are the worst.
      Imagine having an armored division called "Emperor's Scythes" and another the "Death's Demise". Which you could do with officers but only in a few divisions.
      Motorized infantry spam is the best way.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vincenator ().

• Vincenator wrote:

737373elj wrote:

It'll also be more interesting to name units: gives you a sense of attachment to them. And hopefully prevent rushers, because those people are the worst.
      Imagine having an armored division called "Emperor's Scythes" and another the "Death's Demise". Which you could do with officers but only in a few divisions.
      Technically units get named numbers. So you have to do with the 501st. But you can always call them awesome names... in your imagination. Trying to implement names (as in, what you said) for all units would be cool, but that may be a bit too much for the servers. Come to think of it my suggestion may also be too much.
    • 737373elj wrote:

Vincenator wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Technically units get named numbers. So you have to do with the 501st. But you can always call them awesome names... in your imagination. Trying to implement names (as in, what you said) for all units would be cool, but that may be a bit too much for the servers. Come to think of it my suggestion may also be too much.
      True, but it does put a smile on my face when the enemy sees a nigh invincible doom stack called "Harbingers" going to their capital,
      while others annihilate their units. But still, would manually setting a unit's number really put on a strain on their servers but a noticeably amount? Fro me, it would a nice QoL feature for organization.
      Motorized infantry spam is the best way.
    • Vincenator wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Vincenator wrote:

737373elj wrote:

True, but it does put a smile on my face when the enemy sees a nigh invincible doom stack called "Harbingers" going to their capital,while others annihilate their units. But still, would manually setting a unit's number really put on a strain on their servers but a noticeably amount? Fro me, it would a nice QoL feature for organization.
      If you have dozens or even hundreds of stacks, finding a number that is not taken, would be quite a pain in the ass.

Also that is, what officers are for. :)
    • Khal is right,
      and afaik the Numbering is deep in the anciend code no one dares to touch ;)

Besides that, individual names could lead to sideefects with the Damagesplit and healinig when two "individual" units are piled up.

For famous Units i suggest Name your Airborne Officer 101. Airbourne, your Tankofficer 1st. guards Tank Army, your Subofficer Red October or your Fighterace Maverick ;)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • Fereyd wrote:

Khal is right,
      and afaik the Numbering is deep in the anciend code no one dares to touch ;)

Besides that, individual names could lead to sideefects with the Damagesplit and healinig when two "individual" units are piled up.

For famous Units i suggest Name your Airborne Officer 101. Airbourne, your Tankofficer 1st. guards Tank Army, your Subofficer Red October or your Fighterace Maverick ;)
      Maverick? No, no, no, ... Iceman. :D
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • 737373elj wrote:

Why doesn’t anybody just stick with the Red Baron? :D
      Too WWI

Of the units that can be named ...

I usually name my Naval Officer: LEVIATHAN
      my Sub Officer: THE KRAKEN
      my Fixed wing: THUNDERBOLT
      my Helo: TEMPEST
      my Elite Tanks: Black Death, THANOS, Charon
      my Carrier: Death Island

Of course I rarely have more than 1 officer in a single game.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD