SEASON 3 EXTENDED

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SEASON 3 EXTENDED

+ + + + NOTICE + + + +
    Dear Players,

I hope you've been staying indoors!

In light of recent (sur)real world developments, it is important to note that the team is extending the Season 3 deadline. With more time on your hands we feel it to be the perfect opportunity for this initiative. This way we are better able to frame Season 3 around the COVID-19 period, and in doing so the Seasonal Leaderboard will better represent that. As a result the victors of Season 3 have the prestige in knowing that there is tougher competition than ever, so make it count! The new end date for Season 3 is end of June, you have until then to climb the ranks.

For those of you who might have joined CoN recently, this is good news! Though, you might be unfamiliar with Seasons, so make sure to inform yourself on how they work! If you're a CoN Veteran this is an opportunity to claim a higher rank on the Seasonal Leaderboard, maybe even breaking your own personal best! And remember; any ranking higher than your last is a victory, regardless of actual placement number.
    Dorado Games
    Conflict Of Nations

• But we don't have more time on our hands. Currently we have corona lockdown, mobile development in closed beta and more than double the amount of active players - all in the last few weeks.

Factually more NEW players are now steadily advancing than old ones. There are numerous requests from these players to be able to equally unlock seasonal units.

Taking all this into consideration it is a sensible and, for all the fresh starting players, helpful decision to prolong the season until we have a bit more headspace to ensure a smooth and interesting 4th season.

Thanks for your support,

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Germanico wrote:

But we don't have more time on our hands. Currently we have corona lockdown, mobile development in closed beta and more than double the amount of active players - all in the last few weeks.

Factually more NEW players are now steadily advancing than old ones. There are numerous requests from these players to be able to equally unlock seasonal units.

Taking all this into consideration it is a sensible and, for all the fresh starting players, helpful decision to prolong the season until we have a bit more headspace to ensure a smooth and interesting 4th season.

Thanks for your support,

//G
    so Season 4 comes only after June that's a big RIP
  • BOOO!!!

HISSSSSS!!!

Don't patronize and try to spin Awful News as "Good News" unless you are going to extend everybody's security council membership by the number of days you are extending the season, you are ripping us off and saying "like it".
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • Teburu wrote:

it's only "awful" if your membership would run out before that :D
    No, you are also getting gypped out of having those days in the next season. So really it's a double gyp then and a single gyp if your season doesn't run out.
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• I think I made it clear enough that for a majority of our current users this actually is positive because it allows them to unlock an otherwise unachievable unit.

Sorry, but if you are feeling us "ripping you off" by extending a season for the very understandable reasons mentioned above and you still only see it from your single perspective I will not be able to convince you - no matter what I write.

Stay safe and healthy,

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Germanico wrote:

I think I made it clear enough that for a majority of our current users this actually is positive because it allows them to unlock an otherwise unachievable unit.

Sorry, but if you are feeling us "ripping you off" by extending a season for the very understandable reasons mentioned above and you still only see it from your single perspective I will not be able to convince you - no matter what I write.

Stay safe and healthy,

//G
    I think you must be missing my point then Germanico. Personally, it doesn't affect ME at all. Not only have I got the points already, but my subscription goes into next year. But you have to understand that for someone who might be eeking out their subscription, they could be counting on those days being in next season, and not this season, so where they could have gotten this season's and next season's unit unlocked for what they paid, now they will only get this season. You effectively shortchanged them on their subscription value. Calling it "Good News" is like rubbing salt in the wound. BTW, I completely understand why you DID this, but can you see where it is a reduction in the utility of the subscription under the circumstances I outlined?
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Germanico wrote:

I think I made it clear enough that for a majority of our current users this actually is positive because it allows them to unlock an otherwise unachievable unit.

Stay safe and healthy,

//G
    I think you must be missing my point then Germanico. Personally, it doesn't affect ME at all. Not only have I got the points already, but my subscription goes into next year. But you have to understand that for someone who might be eeking out their subscription, they could be counting on those days being in next season, and not this season, so where they could have gotten this season's and next season's unit unlocked for what they paid, now they will only get this season. You effectively shortchanged them on their subscription value. Calling it "Good News" is like rubbing salt in the wound. BTW, I completely understand why you DID this, but can you see where it is a reduction in the utility of the subscription under the circumstances I outlined?
    tho you can't really plan that
    since
    - you need SC at the end of the season to obtain
    - the time period between seasons isnt fixed iirc
    - the seasons so far ran for different span of time if i remember correctly
    so it's kinda unrealistic to assume that you'll manage to get 2 seasons with one sub unless that runs out far enough in the future for such irregularities to have have no impact (like having one year of subscription)
    you're basically gambling at that point because it's impossible to predict that ^^
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • Germanico wrote:

Stay safe and healthy,

//G
    in other words "Sorry not Sorry". Seems like this decision was made to encourage new players to purchase Season Pass, and that is the main driving factor on this. But this approach spits in the face of those who have already purchased Season Pass and already unlocked the units. How about just owning up to it was a financial decision instead being rude and crass with your customers.
    CON Gamertag: ewinner
  • Yak wrote:

+ + + + NOTICE + + + +

Dear Players,

I hope you've been staying indoors!

In light of recent (sur)real world developments, it is important to note that the team is extending the Season 3 deadline. With more time on your hands we feel it to be the perfect opportunity for this initiative. This way we are better able to frame Season 3 around the COVID-19 period, and in doing so the Seasonal Leaderboard will better represent that. As a result the victors of Season 3 have the prestige in knowing that there is tougher competition than ever, so make it count! The new end date for Season 3 is end of June, you have until then to climb the ranks.

For those of you who might have joined CoN recently, this is good news! Though, you might be unfamiliar with Seasons, so make sure to inform yourself on how they work! If you're a CoN Veteran this is an opportunity to claim a higher rank on the Seasonal Leaderboard, maybe even breaking your own personal best! And remember; any ranking higher than your last is a victory, regardless of actual placement number.
    while you're at it...
    why don't we consider collecting bounty?
    when you get over / conquer a country you should also get its goodies... money, rares, electronics, supplies... etc
    even the remains of its armed forces!
  • Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Germanico wrote:

Stay safe and healthy,

//G
    tho you can't really plan thatsince
    - you need SC at the end of the season to obtain
    - the time period between seasons isnt fixed iirc
    - the seasons so far ran for different span of time if i remember correctly
    so it's kinda unrealistic to assume that you'll manage to get 2 seasons with one sub unless that runs out far enough in the future for such irregularities to have have no impact (like having one year of subscription)
    you're basically gambling at that point because it's impossible to predict that ^^
    Trying to negate the reality of my argument with "if maybes" isn't very effective. In any case, it takes days away from the next season during subscription, so if the season is extended, everyone's subscription should be extended too.
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• Hi,

I must agree with the mayority of users saying that trying to sell us this as good news is not the "nice english way"

For most dedicated player doing 2-3 games is enough to win the unit. So i recon by the time you made the decission most players already won the seasonal unit. Given the fact that we sit at home and have more time to play most of the new players could have had a good chance of unlocking seasonal in time.

There will always be player joining quite to late at the end of the season but hey how did my buddy Gorbatshov say:

"Wer zu spät kommt, den bestraft das Leben."

For the english speakers:

"Those who are late will be punished by life itself." But you can not translate this sentence into english without losing it...
    @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().