Siege tactics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Siege tactics

So right now I'm playing a Rising Tides game where I'm Madagascar doing sim city after all my coalition members went offline (East African Federation and DR Congo) or got invaded but was halfway around the world (Zatapista Municipalities). So I'm stuck with Madagascar and all of Antartica when Greece (who has taken entire East Africa) decides to pounce on me. Unfortunately, I had been amassing a ton of Cruisers and he lost dozens of Destroyers Frigates and Corvettes, as well as multiple Strike Fighters, Heavy Bombers and Naval Patrol Craft. I have lost a few (2 at most) cruisers and a dozen ASFs and Strike Fighters. We made peace multiple times, only for him to declare war again and again and the previous results repeating themselves.

Have you ever been 'barricaded' on an island or something similar while wave after wave of enemy troops descended on you? What do you do then (aside from Strike Fighter spam)? Do you actually like this kind of war, making the enemy die as they lose thousands while you sit there and barely lose a thing?

Edit: or you could always talk about your own experiences on the delivering end.

Edit 2: so we finally agreed on peace after about a total of 5 failed assault attempts on his part. The last one nearly resulted in me losing entirely, as he managed to disembark and got into one of my cities, and I have no army. Thankfully, the valiant efforts of my cruisers and ASF + Strike combos resulted in the assault being pushed back and eradicated. Now just to stay there and slowly build :) (thanks Pafufu)
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?

The post was edited 2 times, last by 737373elj ().

• 737373elj wrote:

So right now I'm playing a Rising Tides game where I'm Madagascar doing sim city after all my coalition members went offline (East African Federation and DR Congo) or got invaded but was halfway around the world (Zatapista Municipalities). So I'm stuck with Madagascar and all of Antartica when Greece (who has taken entire East Africa) decides to pounce on me. Unfortunately, I had been amassing a ton of Cruisers and he lost dozens of Destroyers Frigates and Corvettes, as well as multiple Strike Fighters, Heavy Bombers and Naval Patrol Craft. I have lost a few (2 at most) cruisers and a dozen ASFs and Strike Fighters. We made peace multiple times, only for him to declare war again and again and the previous results repeating themselves.

Have you ever been 'barricaded' on an island or something similar while wave after wave of enemy troops descended on you? What do you do then (aside from Strike Fighter spam)? Do you actually like this kind of war, making the enemy die as they lose thousands while you sit there and barely lose a thing?

Edit: or you could always talk about your own experiences on the delivering end.
      Damn this sounds satisfying. I have never had the pleasure of having an opponent stupid enough to do this, however. Good luck in your game!

However, to answer your questions:
      1.) No.
      2.) I would probably try cruise missiles and CAS to mow the enemy down. If I can kill unguarded or poorly guarded transport ships, I’d also do that.
      3.) It sounds nice for the first couple days, but after that I would like to go offensive and take enemy homeland cities.
      Again, good luck in your game!