Season Reward Improvement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Season Reward Improvement

Currently, incentive for playing/competing in seasons include the elite units. After a user gets 2000 points or however many to get all of the elite units, there is no incentive to continue gaining points or playing until a new season arrives.

I propose a change in this system. Specifically, I propose additional rewards once a user has passed the threshold for elite units. This is a percentage system, which encourages continual and active competition among players. NOT just meeting a point requirement, and that's it.

My proposal is this: (Leaderboard to be finalized and rewards given out at end of season)

Top 3 players: 30k gold

Top 10% of players: 15k gold

Top 25% of players: 10k gold

Top 50% of players: 5k gold

Obviously gold values, rewards, and % requirements are subject to change. But the premise is the same: a system that consistently encourages and rewards activity, competition, and skill.

Open to discussion of course!

Thanks.
    • Absolutely agree about expanding Season progression rewards. And devs have already expressed the same desire. But I think before they do that they have to balance out points received in 4x VS regular speed games. Real time spent playing should matter, not game speed. Otherwise you can change "Top 3 players: 30k gold" to "Ksava and the other two players: 30k gold".

Edit:
      What I'd like to see personally are status rewards. Something you cannot earn or buy afterwards. e.g. a badge permanently displayed on your profile for being #1 of Season 3, etc etc.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThePanda ().

• ThePanda wrote:

Absolutely agree about expanding Season progression rewards. And devs have already expressed the same desire. But I think before they do that they have to balance out points received in 4x VS regular speed games. Real time spent playing should matter, not game speed. Otherwise you can change "Top 3 players: 30k gold" to "Ksava and the other two players: 30k gold".

Edit:
      What I'd like to see personally are status rewards. Something you cannot earn or buy afterwards. e.g. a badge permanently displayed on your profile for being #1 of Season 3, etc etc.

I agree with having badges, but the gold should also be there. A badge is a nice small incentive, but I doubt that many will compete heavily over a badge.

Perhaps you can only be top 3 once every 2 seasons to keep it balanced?