Which is better?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teburu wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

That entire time you are retreating your troops they are being hit by Elite Stealth Helicopters..
      well then i counter x with y really wanna go there?
      Yes. What will you do to counter the Elite Choppers hitting your fleeing troops?

Stealth units are only activate an AA units automatically counter-attack once then they disappear again. They can also fly right under the radar of your jets without being hit.

Elite Helicopter HP - 35
      Elite Helicopter Damage Against Armor - 19

Mobile AA HP - 32
      Mobile AA Damage Against Helicopters - 9

Do the math, numbers don't lie. There's no real effective defense against some of these Stealth Units.. It's time to adapt to the new changes.
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

That entire time you are retreating your troops they are being hit by Elite Stealth Helicopters..
      Yes. What will you do to counter the Elite Choppers hitting your fleeing troops?
      Stealth units are only activate an AA units automatically counter-attack once then they disappear again. They can also fly right under the radar of your jets without being hit.

Elite Helicopter HP - 35

Mobile AA HP - 32

Do the math, numbers don't lie. There's no real effective defense against some of these Stealth Units.. It's time to adapt to the new changes.
      The only defense I can think of against Elite Helicopters during this scenario is to send 1 entire stack of 10 AA units during an invasion and hope that the enemy Elite Choppers see it's radar signature and hits it..

Although that would only deal 90 damage and therefor still only destroy 2 Elite Helicopters whilst you 3 AA. After that I would know not to hit that specific radar signature and move on, continuing to take out invading units.

The only real way to counter it is to send enough units to damage the helicopters while trying blitzkrieg your way to destroy their biggest hospital/s. If you fail to do that then the Elite Choppers can just heal up..

There's just no way around these Stealth Units!

I do know a few more tricks for countering Stealth Units that I've learnt since the update but I will keep those to myself.
    • ASF caonly counter against helis in general are asf

Teburu wrote:

maa would need buffs in term of dmg/range to actually be a viable counter to helis

that being said even elite helis have the limitations other airunits have
      ASF cannot even detect Elite Helicopters let alone attack them.

"maa would need buffs in term of dmg/range to actually be a viable counter to helis"

In my above thread I used max level MAA for my example

1. The only terrain buffs MAA has are negative buffs?
      2. Max level MAA cannot improve their range any further?
      3. Range does not matter anyway because as I said before, Elite Helicopters have no radar signature and are a stealth unit (effectively invisible besides for the split second when it attacks) and therefor any type of Anti-Air unit can only hit it once as it gets hit itself and then the Helicopters disappear again.
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

ASF caonly counter against helis in general are asf

Teburu wrote:

maa would need buffs in term of dmg/range to actually be a viable counter to helis

"maa would need buffs in term of dmg/range to actually be a viable counter to helis"

3. Range does not matter anyway because as I said before, Elite Helicopters have no radar signature and are a stealth unit (effectively invisible besides for the split second when it attacks) and therefor any type of Anti-Air unit can only hit it once as it gets hit itself and then the Helicopters disappear again.
      i was talking about maa vs heli in general
      and with "buffing" i didnt refer to terrain but giving it better stats in general cuz it sucks vs helis

Kalrakh wrote:

If you have stealth choppers, they might have S-ASF. Also you can hardly attack ground units while ASF patrol above them. ;)
      ^ because even if you attack with stealth; if you attack something inside patrol the asf will get triggered
      and while they sure are fairly hard to kill because of their large healthpool they're still limited by airports
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Yes. What will you do to counter the Elite Choppers hitting your fleeing troops?Stealth units are only activate an AA units automatically counter-attack once then they disappear again. They can also fly right under the radar of your jets without being hit.

Elite Helicopter HP - 35

Mobile AA HP - 32

The only defense I can think of against Elite Helicopters during this scenario is to send 1 entire stack of 10 AA units during an invasion and hope that the enemy Elite Choppers see it's radar signature and hits it..
      Although that would only deal 90 damage and therefor still only destroy 2 Elite Helicopters whilst you 3 AA. After that I would know not to hit that specific radar signature and move on, continuing to take out invading units.

The only real way to counter it is to send enough units to damage the helicopters while trying blitzkrieg your way to destroy their biggest hospital/s. If you fail to do that then the Elite Choppers can just heal up..

There's just no way around these Stealth Units!

I do know a few more tricks for countering Stealth Units that I've learnt since the update but I will keep those to myself.
      Of course Stealth ASFs would wipe the map of Elite Helos.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Kalrakh wrote:

If you have stealth choppers, they might have S-ASF. Also you can hardly attack ground units while ASF patrol above them. ;)
      Yes you can. ASF and Stealth-ASF only have a sight range of 25. I simply sneak around your ASF's radar signature and time it correctly to not be within your sight range..

Regardless, I will always take out any enemy airbases that allows their jets any range in the area that my Choppers will be operating in BEFORE moving the Choppers in..

Lets assume you use aircraft carriers with Stealth - ASF on it too.. Are you going to be online 24/7 to readjust the position of your troops that are moving? Only option is to not move the troops.. Once I know the enemy has Stealth-ASF I would only shoot moving units - and the one's that I know are now out of the 25 range of air cover.

You would need to check the game every 20 minutes.
    • Pafufu wrote:

No I meant the whole ‘getting troops stuck behind enemy lines due to a destroyed airfield with no access to a pontoon’ thing
      You are right it is an unlikely scenario. That is precisely why it's so effective.. Nobody knows what is happening until the Stealth Choppers flash their news reports and then they realize they cannot escape the invisible enemy.

Why is it so hard to believe that an ELITE unit can be ELITE - Just has intended by the devs.. You have to learn each new unit that comes out or you could be taken by surprise.
    • Teburu wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

ASF caonly counter against helis in general are asf

Teburu wrote:

i was talking about maa vs heli in generaland with "buffing" i didnt refer to terrain but giving it better stats in general cuz it sucks vs helis

---------------------------------------------

Exactly my point. They suck against helis.. You just admitted it so were you arguing that they are an effective measure just 3 replies ago?
      You are contradicting yourself now?
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Yes you can. ASF and Stealth-ASF only have a sight range of 25. I simply sneak around your ASF's radar signature and time it correctly to not be within your sight range..
      Regardless, I will always take out any enemy airbases that allows their jets any range in the area that my Choppers will be operating in BEFORE moving the Choppers in..

Lets assume you use aircraft carriers with Stealth - ASF on it too.. Are you going to be online 24/7 to readjust the position of your troops that are moving? Only option is to not move the troops.. Once I know the enemy has Stealth-ASF I would only shoot moving units - and the one's that I know are now out of the 25 range of air cover.

Except during patrols...

But what ever :)
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Yes you can. ASF and Stealth-ASF only have a sight range of 25. I simply sneak around your ASF's radar signature and time it correctly to not be within your sight range..Regardless, I will always take out any enemy airbases that allows their jets any range in the area that my Choppers will be operating in BEFORE moving the Choppers in..

Except during patrols...
      But what ever :)
      No you are wrong again, they can sneak under ASF patrols with ease. I'm doing it in current games.