GENERAL UPDATE (200429)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GENERAL UPDATE (200429)

+ + +
      Commanders,

While the team is working both on staying healthy as well as the mobile client, we are also improving our desktop version of Conflict of Nations. Today’s patch brings you among others some updated maps, tweaks to the UI, and server stability fixes. After a lengthy observation period, Rising Tides is receiving updates to its starting unit setup and AI. We believe stability already has improved substantially over the last days, but in light of the mobile release moving ever closer, we want to make sure that our systems are full-on ready to receive.

Speaking of maps, we’ve observed and discussed with the community at length about the required changes to our Rising Tides scenario. One big issue we found was the high level starting units causing more harm than good - something several of our players rightfully commented on. Also the AI was deemed to aggressive and disrupting.
      After a lengthy observation period, Rising Tides is receiving updates to its starting unit setup and AI:
      • The levels of starting units have been streamlined with other maps and rolled back to level 1. With this step we hope to reduce churn in early game, owing to the fact that losing your starting units left a significant power gap that could not be matched by ramping up new unit production.
      • In line with this measure, we’ve also reduced The Chosen’s overall stats, with emphasis on their defensive capabilities. While we want The Chosen to pose a challenge and add to the chaos of Rising Tides, we never intended for them to absolutely dominate the map. With today’s changes they should still pose a threat when on the offensive, but claiming back your territory should now present less of an obstacle.
      • IMPORTANT: Keep in mind these changes only apply to games spawned after the update.
      About the ramp-up: As you may have noticed, our community has grown significantly over the last few weeks! To cope with the demand, our devs have been working hard behind the scenes wrestling with servers, adding new servers, and identifying bottlenecks. If you’re experiencing disruptions in any of your games please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on any of our official channels!

Lastly, while mobile development enters it's critical phase, our map designers are currently busy putting the finishing touches on the overhauled Overkill map. You can expect it very soon™ on a PC near you.
      In the meantime we hope you all stay healthy, and wish you luck on the battlefield!

General

• Applied fix to assist server integrity
      • Adjusted UI to better accommodate non-English languages
      • Updated population tool-tip to display impact of local morale

Balancing

• The Chosen
        • Reduced Attack vs Armored from 6 to 2.5
        • Reduced Defense by 50% across the board
        • Reduced Hitpoints from 25 to 20

Maps

• Optimized all maps in preparation for mobile
      • Rising Tides
        • Reduced starting unit levels to 1
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yak ().

• Same thing like with the Zombies. If you know how to keep you cities from revolting than Choosen/Zombies/Insurgents are not a problem. And I never read much of an uproar in the community like
      "hell the Choosen are kicking me so badly I wish someone could nerf them..." But maybe I just skip this topics with a smile without opening them.

I love to turn Choosen/Zombies them against my enemies which I consider a valid strategy. Hell I played only 2 Zombie maps but I got 1000 Zombie kills. This was awesome. Best games I ever had.
      But I dont mind...I assume I will soon be seeing only 4x Speed Rising tides maps spawing so I have no interest in this map anymore.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Same thing like with the Zombies. If you know how to keep you cities from revolting than Choosen/Zombies/Insurgents are not a problem. And I never read much of an uproar in the community like
      "hell the Choosen are kicking me so badly I wish someone could nerf them..." But maybe I just skip this topics with a smile without opening them.

I love to turn Choosen/Zombies them against my enemies which I consider a valid strategy. Hell I played only 2 Zombie maps but I got 1000 Zombie kills. This was awesome. Best games I ever had.
      But I dont mind...I assume I will soon be seeing only 4x Speed Rising tides maps spawing so I have no interest in this map anymore.
      i dont think the strenght of zombies/chosen is the problem
      but that ppl dont seem to know what they sign up for :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

And I never read much of an uproar in the community like "hell the Choosen are kicking me so badly I wish someone could nerf them..." But maybe I just skip this topics with a smile without opening them.
      The % of active players vs forum participants is pretty small. I mean, just look at the number of active participants in the current season vs people posting here/on Discord. And out of those who are posting here the majority seem to be cross-title veterans (who are very familiar with insurgency mechanics) so it isn't really surprising to see next to no complaints about this here.
    • Teburu wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Same thing like with the Zombies. If you know how to keep you cities from revolting than Choosen/Zombies/Insurgents are not a problem. And I never read much of an uproar in the community like

i dont think the strenght of zombies/chosen is the problembut that ppl dont seem to know what they sign up for :D
      You might be right but its a bit more defensive. Everyone who just rushes through the conquered land without securing it losses...if that happens to me once...well i learn a lesson and prepare...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.