Which is better?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It depends :D Although most would say neither. Because everybody on Forums are Frig Fanatics

Edit: Ok, let's expand on that earlier point:
      Destroyers and cruisers have different roles, but summed up it's this:
      Destroyers: ship hunters + sub killers (requires Naval Base lv. 3)
      Cruisers: ship hunters + bad aa (requires Naval Base lv. 4)
      Basically you would want Destroyers as less flexible frigates, able to take on anything on sea (before you cut in Buckeye, 2 destroyers kill 1 frig + 1 corv easily. be fair to the poor destroyers pls :D ). Cruisers on the other hand are perfect for killing other ships (20 ship damage is OP!), but need proper AA and sub/destroyer support to function well. Eg Rising Tides I use a combination of Cruisers + Elite Subs + Mobile SAM for practically unkillable task forces.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 737373elj ().

• 737373elj wrote:

It depends :D Although most would say neither. Because everybody on Forums are Frig Fanatics

Basically you would want Destroyers as less flexible frigates, able to take on anything on sea (before you cut in Buckeye, 2 destroyers kill 1 frig + 1 corv easily. be fair to the poor destroyers pls :D ). Cruisers on the other hand are perfect for killing other ships (20 ship damage is OP!), but need proper AA and sub/destroyer support to function well. Eg Rising Tides I use a combination of Cruisers + Elite Subs + Mobile SAM for practically unkillable task forces.
      Very well put.
    • 737373elj wrote:

It depends :D Although most would say neither. Because everybody on Forums are Frig Fanatics

cruisers are good the best vessel for surface to surface combat early on due to their range
      however, they are by no means viable for that role later in the game because they no longer have the advantage of speed/range over other ships, combine that with the fact that destroyers have the same range/speed as cruisers when they're maxed+ a better pointdefense vs missiles (and ofc being good vs subs) destroyers are by far the superior choice to crusiers in the lategame
      sure cruisers have a bit more HP/DMG, but thats completly irrelevant for ranged combat
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I usually use the 2 Destroyer 3 frigate stack for coastal city pounding, and have AIP subs tailing to eat cruiser stacks coming for them.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I usually use the 2 Destroyer 3 frigate stack for coastal city pounding, and have AIP subs tailing to eat cruiser stacks coming for them.
      Yes, except it's 3 destroyers two frigates for me.
      With the tailin AIP's I trade the Ship to ship for air defense, but without them, I'd do the same, ... sometimes.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD