Gag idea: What about an ‘Alien Invasion’ Style gamemode?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gag idea: What about an ‘Alien Invasion’ Style gamemode?

Ripoff idea :D

So what about an alien invasion game mode? Basically, there’s an alien mothership in the sky, and all humanity has allied together to fight it.
      • Everybody is shared intelligence (but you can change status)
      • Every day, these things will happen:
      • 1. The alien mothership will launch 3 landing craft to random locations on the map. If they land in the sea, they will turn into a transport and immediately start heading for the nearest land. While in the air, they can be intercepted by fighters.
      • 2. The mothership will go to a random city and destroy all destructible buildings there.
      • The landing craft, after touching down, will release 20 alien infantry and 10 alien fighters.
      • The alien mothership can only be damaged by Ballistic missiles and ICBMs.
      Unit stats (damage values are Infantry/Armor/Rotary/Fixed/Surface/Sub/Missile defense/Building)
      Alien infantry: 20HP, 30/10/3.5 (defense value)/1.5 (defense value)/0.3(defense value)/0/0/1
      Alien fighter: 20HP, 4/3/10/12/2/0/1/1
      Alien landing craft: 80HP, 1/0/5/2/0/0/1/1
      Alien mothership: 2000HP, 5/5/0/0/1/0/1/1000

So it’s slowly easier to deal with the aliens as the game progresses.

What’s interesting is that although everybody initially starts off with shared intelligence, there is still the option of starting a war with everybody. What’s more, you can actually witness that rare two people fighting each other while they both have shared intelligence with you!

Lol gag idea.
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • 737373elj wrote:

What’s interesting is that although everybody initially starts off with shared intelligence, there is still the option of starting a war with everybody. What’s more, you can actually witness that rare two people fighting each other while they both have shared intelligence with you!
      first thing anyone would do is turning it off lol

and ppl already can't handle zombies/enforcers so they got nerfed into the ground, so i doubt a PVE scenario will ever happen
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Here how I would improve it.
      - 10 day player-player peace period so you can focus on aliens.
      - random selected country
      - there will be 5 country left that not get control by player.
      - after the room is full these 5 a.i. will give everyone shared intelligent (instead of everyone share with everyone)
      - aliens will randomly land on one of these a.i. country every 5 day. (Once per country)
      - the aliens a.i. have 3 behavior
      1) secure, the landing mother ship (come in form of annexed city like in zombie gamemode) will focus on taking the a.i. country they landed on.
      2) spearhead, if you think you are safe because you are far from landed site. This huge stack of enemy unit will slowly going toward you.
      3) normal behavior, this one is just like zombie (1-2 unit walking around)
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • I would love a War of the Worlds scenario that would play like a survival map mode (= increasing waves until you're crushed)

But as said Teburu, people are already too unskilled to deal with insurgents.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • ok i love the idea but i think we need to make some changes to make it happen like for 1 we can just have an alien mother ship coming down and destroying all the buildings in 1 city thats just messed up bro and you have to just restart.

everybody with shared intel i would like to see south america central america and north america VS africa aisa and eroupe it would make for a better game but if you are gonna have everybody with shared intel have a real player play as the aliens to make it harder otherwise it will be way to easy

Opulon wrote:

I would love a War of the Worlds scenario that would play like a survival map mode (= increasing waves until you're crushed)

But as said Teburu, people are already too unskilled to deal with insurgents.
      then what is the point of the zombie game that is all about insurgents this game might be kinda like a training mode to them i am not trying to start a argument or anything so dont take offence

last but not least it should not be about destroying the mothership it should be about surviving so how about this

if you survive

10 day you get a 100 gold prize
      25 days 2,500 gold prize
      50 days 5,000 gold prize
      100 days 10,000 gold and will also be the day the game ends

if you have it like that I WILL LOVE THIS GAME MODE AND SO WILL EVRYONE THAT AGREES! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    • Would be a cool event, but unsure it would monetise.

Oooooor... maybe it could be a pure team vs wild event. I'm actually curious of the measure in which a map where the use of gold would be only made against the AI, aka "100% ethical", would incentive players to spend.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • This sounds like such a cool idea, even though I'm not sure whether or not it would "work".

Two problems that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Since most of the world is ocean, and alien landing sites are randomly chosen, aliens are going to land in the ocean and form transports most of the time. This makes it really easy to pick them off with subs or to simply put frigates outside of cities as soon as you have a good navy (mid-late game), since transports can't fight.

Also, a lot would depend on pure luck in the early game: you would be screwed no matter how good of a player you are if aliens landed in your capital on day 3.
    • JoseFStal1n wrote:

Since most of the world is ocean, and alien landing sites are randomly chosen, aliens are going to land in the ocean and form transports most of the time. This makes it really easy to pick them off with subs or to simply put frigates outside of cities as soon as you have a good navy (mid-late game), since transports can't fight.
      Good point. What about alien transport stats:
      Alien transport ship: 48HP, 0/0/4/4/4/4/0/0
      This should make transport ships mildly harder, while still being beatable. Make the ship speed 6 so less time to react?

JoseFStal1n wrote:

Also, a lot would depend on pure luck in the early game: you would be screwed no matter how good of a player you are if aliens landed in your capital on day 3.
      Yeah, that would be a problem. It forces the players to cooperate if they want the full strength of multiple countries. It will be a bit hard. Maybe make the transport ships come on Day 7 and after? Or even Day 3 will make it easier. Or will that not work?
      Anyway it's random, so the best thing is to intercept it out to sea, or kill it while it's heading down.