Russian Strategy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Russian Strategy

Hello,
      I'm playing whole world map normal mode as Russia. First 2 days I'm not at war with anyone. I accepted Finland and Kazakh into my coalition. I see Mongolia is attacked by China and I'm going to enter the war, too. I see that South Korea is beating Japan so I was thinking if I should attack Japan, too??
      I attacked Estonia without thinking that I can't take those small islands in the Baltic and now I have to live with morale negative effect. Should I research marine infantry or airborne infantry for this? Not only for this. I'd use it whole game ofc. I'll be focusing on Europe since there's a lot of cities on small area while Asia is huge with not so much cities (maybe south on islands and Indochina and India).
      I see that Ukraine is noobo, Belarus is inactive which is great! I'll attack Belarus first since it would take 2-3 days to take out his armies in cities and Belarus is lot of cities on small area compared to Ukraine.
    • Oh boy. Russia is bad for beginners. US only has 2 people to worry about, Russia has... about a dozen.

1. Try not to. Focus on only one or two countries at once, engaging in many brawls result in a mass murder for you. I’d say either focus on the Mongolian-Chinese war, the Ukrainian/Belarusian war or the Korean-Japanese war. Option one, let them brawl a bit then strike into the heart of China. Get to the borders and eat up his cities while securing your’s. Then, get those units you’ve been building and Rush Mongolia on all sides. Option 2, Speed is key, just do an AI country tactics. Option 3, get North Korea first. If South Korea seems to be winning, let it kill Japan first for a bit, then sweep down and secure the home land before launching a naval assault. Be sure to get your Frigs/Destroyers.

2. Id say Naval Infantry. Airborne requires a ton of airfields and that is a drain on resources.
    • 737373elj wrote:

Oh boy. Russia is bad for beginners. US only has 2 people to worry about, Russia has... about a dozen.

1. Try not to. Focus on only one or two countries at once, engaging in many brawls result in a mass murder for you. I’d say either focus on the Mongolian-Chinese war, the Ukrainian/Belarusian war or the Korean-Japanese war. Option one, let them brawl a bit then strike into the heart of China. Get to the borders and eat up his cities while securing your’s. Then, get those units you’ve been building and Rush Mongolia on all sides. Option 2, Speed is key, just do an AI country tactics. Option 3, get North Korea first. If South Korea seems to be winning, let it kill Japan first for a bit, then sweep down and secure the home land before launching a naval assault. Be sure to get your Frigs/Destroyers.

2. Id say Naval Infantry. Airborne requires a ton of airfields and that is a drain on resources.
      Just one thing - I'm rank 75 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is my 2nd time Russia on biggy map. I know I shouldn't focus on everything. I'm preping for Belarus. I accepted Kazakh into coalition so I don't have to worry about my whole south side. Also building airfields near Mongolia and highways across Siberia.

China is eating Mongolia RN. Should I defend Novosibirsk and attack mother China from Vladivostok - I got airfield there?

I'm also recruiting helicopter gunship.