What units can actually spot Stealth ASFs?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What units can actually spot Stealth ASFs?

It seems to me that only maxed (or near maxed) mobile radar and SAMs, and other stealth ASFs, it doesn't look (according to the info) that even stealth SFs can. Anyone know? And does the "scout" ability reveal them in sight range?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Checklist

1. Unit has the eyeball "Reveals Stealth"
      2. Unit can detect specific unit type (Scroll over the eyeball)

P.S. Stealth units can now only be seen within sight range so take that into consideration when choosing counters for Stealth Units
      Example: Although the Recon Vehicle says has the scout ability it will not see enemy SASF in the air as it's scouting ability only works on quote "ground units"

Units that can see SASF:

SASF
      SAM
      TDS
      Mobile Radar
      AWACS (Not Naval)
      Frigates

However don't forget that so long as your stack contains at least 1 unit that can detect it then your entire stack, even entire army can detect it during that period of time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wade97Wade ().

• Wade97Wade wrote:

However don't forget that so long as your stack contains at least 1 unit that can detect it then your entire stack, even entire army can detect it during that period of time.
      I asked a question pertaining to this once before, and the consensus opinion was that if I had an ASF in a stack with say a regular ASF, only the regular ASFs would be visible to my enemy in that stack.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

I asked a question pertaining to this once before, and the consensus opinion was that if I had an ASF in a stack with say a regular ASF, only the regular ASFs would be visible to my enemy in that stack.
      Nope, it's the same reason that allows your friendly units to attack a Stealth Unit once it is revealed by one of your other friendly units. Whilst it is in visual range of a correct unit that has the ability to reveal it - Your whole coalition can even hit it during that time.
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Nope, it's the same reason that allows your friendly units to attack a Stealth Unit once it is revealed by one of your other friendly units. Whilst it is in visual range of a correct unit that has the ability to reveal it - Your whole coalition can even hit it during that time.
      It appears you are WRONG. I am currently testing it with a friendly player IN GAME. I have 2 Stealth ASFs paired with an AWACS, and it appears he can only see the AWACS. I am awaiting his return to keyboard to confirm.
      AND the point I'm making is NOT in visual range of a stealth plane detecting unit.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

It appears you are WRONG. I am currently testing it with a friendly player IN GAME. I have 2 Stealth ASFs paired with an AWACS, and it appears he can only see the AWACS. I am awaiting his return to keyboard to confirm.AND the point I'm making is NOT in visual range of a stealth plane detecting unit.
      You guys are both right to a degree.
      • If a stealth and regular unit are in the same stack, and you have no ability to detect stealth, you will only see the regular unit in that stack.
      • However, once you engage that stack (which is possible because of the regular unit), the stealth unit is in combat and thus also revealed.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

It appears you are WRONG. I am currently testing it with a friendly player IN GAME. I have 2 Stealth ASFs paired with an AWACS, and it appears he can only see the AWACS. I am awaiting his return to keyboard to confirm.AND the point I'm making is NOT in visual range of a stealth plane detecting unit.
      Mate you are confused and changing the roles around.. Just double check what I wrote - I said that if YOUR stack contains just 1 unit that can detect ENEMY stealth units then that entire stack can now see the ENEMY stealth units. I also spoke about how whilst an ENEMY stealth unit is within sight range of YOUR S-ASF (e.g) YOUR entire coalition can fire on that unit for however long it is revealed.

I never mentioned the reverse role that you are talking about (If the enemy can detect YOUR stealth units within YOUR stack)

I answered your question exactly.. You're just spinning things now..
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

Checklist

1. Unit has the eyeball "Reveals Stealth"
      2. Unit can detect specific unit type (Scroll over the eyeball)

P.S. Stealth units can now only be seen within sight range so take that into consideration when choosing counters for Stealth Units
      Example: Although the Recon Vehicle says has the scout ability it will not see enemy SASF in the air as it's scouting ability only works on quote "ground units"

Units that can see SASF:

SAM
      TDS
      Mobile Radar
      AWACS (Not Naval)
      Frigates
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      "However don't forget that so long as your stack contains at least 1 unit that can detect it then your entire stack, even entire army can detect it during that period of time."
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I said can be expanded to: " Do not forget that if just 1 of YOUR units reveals an ENEMY stealth unit/s this will allow YOUR entire stack to fire on this ENEMY stealth unit. It will even allow YOUR entire army to detect and fire upon it during the period the ENEMY unit is revealed. "
    • Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Mate you are confused and changing the roles around.. Just double check what I wrote - I said that if YOUR stack contains just 1 unit that can detect ENEMY stealth units then that entire stack can now see the ENEMY stealth units. I also spoke about how whilst an ENEMY stealth unit is within sight range of YOUR S-ASF (e.g) YOUR entire coalition can fire on that unit for however long it is revealed.
      I never mentioned the reverse role that you are talking about (If the enemy can detect YOUR stealth units within YOUR stack)

Check it bro, I was never talking about that situation, that is obvious. It was your assumption that I was talking about stealth spotting capable units that led you down the wrong path, not any spinning by me. But as to why someone would think that was even a valid question IS perplexing.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Mate you are confused and changing the roles around.. Just double check what I wrote - I said that if YOUR stack contains just 1 unit that can detect ENEMY stealth units then that entire stack can now see the ENEMY stealth units. I also spoke about how whilst an ENEMY stealth unit is within sight range of YOUR S-ASF (e.g) YOUR entire coalition can fire on that unit for however long it is revealed.I never mentioned the reverse role that you are talking about (If the enemy can detect YOUR stealth units within YOUR stack)

Check it bro, I was never talking about that situation, that is obvious. It was your assumption that I was talking about stealth spotting capable units that led you down the wrong path, not any spinning by me. But as to why someone would think that was even a valid question IS perplexing.
      :rolleyes: It confuses your mind that someone answered the question to your title? "What Units Can Actually Spot Stealth ASF?"

Of course it is my assumption that you were talking about "stealth spotting capable units"... Can you read your own title?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I will answer the question for you again: What Units Can Actually Spot Stealth ASF?

Units that can see SASF:

SASF
      SAM
      TDS
      Mobile Radar
      AWACS (Not Naval)
      Frigates

However don't forget that so long as your stack contains at least 1 unit that can detect S-ASF then your entire stack, even entire army can detect it during that period of time.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please explain to me how any of this is far fetched from what you were asking?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wade97Wade ().

• Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Mate you are confused and changing the roles around.. Just double check what I wrote - I said that if YOUR stack contains just 1 unit that can detect ENEMY stealth units then that entire stack can now see the ENEMY stealth units. I also spoke about how whilst an ENEMY stealth unit is within sight range of YOUR S-ASF (e.g) YOUR entire coalition can fire on that unit for however long it is revealed.I never mentioned the reverse role that you are talking about (If the enemy can detect YOUR stealth units within YOUR stack)
      :rolleyes: It confuses your mind that someone answered the question to your title? "What Units Can Actually Spot Stealth ASF?"
      Of course it is my assumption that you were talking about "stealth spotting capable units"... Can you read your own title?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I will answer the question for you again: What Units Can Actually Spot Stealth ASF?

Units that can see SASF:

SASF
      SAM
      TDS
      Mobile Radar
      AWACS (Not Naval)
      Frigates

However don't forget that so long as your stack contains at least 1 unit that can detect S-ASF then your entire stack, even entire army can detect it during that period of time.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which does answer the OP, but has nothing to do with my reply to Pafufu concerning mixed stack to which you chimed in on.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• It's like night and day, The maxxed out bunker buster regular bomber pales in it's utility to demolish buildings simply because it attracts ASFs like ants to a picnic.
      The stealth SF is quite nice, being like a short range (relative to stealth bombers) lite version of the stealth bomber, but the stealth ASF is really limited in utility because by the time you get it, regular ASFs are almost as potent and usually present in quantity, so hunting them is a losing proposition due to the relative similar damage and of course the much higher costs and time.

Pafufu wrote:

One question of my own: To those who use bombers, are the stealth variants significantly better? And what are the thoughts on S-ASF and S-SFs?
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

It's like night and day, The maxxed out bunker buster regular bomber pales in it's utility to demolish buildings simply because it attracts ASFs like ants to a picnic.
      The stealth SF is quite nice, being like a short range (relative to stealth bombers) lite version of the stealth bomber, but the stealth ASF is really limited in utility because by the time you get it, regular ASFs are almost as potent and usually present in quantity, so hunting them is a losing proposition due to the relative similar damage and of course the much higher costs and time.

Pafufu wrote:

One question of my own: To those who use bombers, are the stealth variants significantly better? And what are the thoughts on S-ASF and S-SFs?

This was what I figured simply from viewing the stats as well.
      However, I am concerned that SB will still be countered. Is that true? (in your experience.)
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Wade97Wade wrote:

Mate you are confused and changing the roles around.. Just double check what I wrote - I said that if YOUR stack contains just 1 unit that can detect ENEMY stealth units then that entire stack can now see the ENEMY stealth units. I also spoke about how whilst an ENEMY stealth unit is within sight range of YOUR S-ASF (e.g) YOUR entire coalition can fire on that unit for however long it is revealed.I never mentioned the reverse role that you are talking about (If the enemy can detect YOUR stealth units within YOUR stack)I answered your question exactly.. You're just spinning things now..
      :rolleyes: It confuses your mind that someone answered the question to your title? "What Units Can Actually Spot Stealth ASF?"Of course it is my assumption that you were talking about "stealth spotting capable units"... Can you read your own title?

Units that can see SASF:

SASF
      SAM
      TDS
      Mobile Radar
      AWACS (Not Naval)
      Frigates

Which does answer the OP, but has nothing to do with my reply to Pafufu concerning mixed stack to which you chimed in on
      Use your tiny little brain to scroll to the top and read. I was the third comment and NOBODY mentioned your random reversal.. You're still with the fairies buddy xD

You asked a question and you can't handle that I answer it that's all this is about mate.