To keep me from dying of boredom: Middle Eastern Tech Tree (Work in Progress)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• To keep me from dying of boredom: Middle Eastern Tech Tree (Work in Progress)

Inspired by the realisation that the Merkava American Elite Tanks are actually Israeli :O
      Also due to my bias towards Israel this tech tree may include more Israeli types than deserved

Red is foreign (and ought to be replaced)

Featuring Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, UAE, Oman and Yemen.
      Question: should I include Egypt, Turkey, Afghanistan and Pakistan?

Combat Recon Vehicle
      1. Sayyad
      2. Al Shibl
      3. M113

Armored Fighting Vehicle
      1. Nagmachon
      2. Nakpadon
      3. Namer

Amphibious Combat Vehicle
      1. BTR-50 (<— by Soviet Union, can replace)
      2. BTR-60 (<— by Soviet Union, can replace)
      3. BTR-80

Main Battle Tank
      1. Merkava Mk. II
      2. Merkava Mk. III
      3. Merkava Mk. IV (<— technically already an Elite Unit but boy Israel is one of my favourite countries)

Tank Destroyer
      1. 2S25 Sprut-SD
      2. Achzarit
      3. M1134 Stryker ATGM

Towed Artillery
      1. HM-41
      2. Soltam M71
      3. M777 Howitzer

Mobile Artillery
      1. M109 Doher
      2. T34/122
      3. Soltam M68

Multiple Rocket Launcher
      1. M270 Menatetz
      2. LAR 160
      3. Golan-1000

Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle
      1. Samavat
      2. Sa'ir
      3. Mesbah 1

SAM
      1. Tondar-69
      2. SA-6 Kub
      3. Iron Dome

Theatre Defense System
      1. S-300
      2. Arrow
      3. David's Sling

Mobile Radar
      1. LCM RADAR
      2. ELEC-EQ 36
      3. PATRIOT AN/MPQ-53

Helicopter Gunship
      1. Qiowa
      2. UH-1Y Venom
      3. Armed Black Hawk

Attack Helicopter
      1. Toofan
      2. AH-1Z Viper
      3. AH-64D Apache Longbow

ASW Helicopter
      1. SH-3 Sea King
      2. SH-2 Super Seasprite
      3. MH-60R Seahawk

Air Superiority Fighter
      1. Saeqeh
      2. Kowsar
      3. Saegheh 2

Naval Air Superiority Fighter
      1. F4 Phantom II
      2. F14 Tomcat
      3. F14D Super Tomcat

Stealth Air Superiority Fighter
      1. Su-47 Berkut

Strike Fighter
      1. Azarakhsh
      2. IAI Nasher
      3. IAI Kfir

Naval Strike Fighter
      1. A-6 Intruder
      2. A-7 Corsair II
      3. F-18 Super Hornet

Stealth Strike Fighter
      1. Qaher-313

UAV
      1. Machatz 1
      2. Eitan
      3. Sofreh Mahi

Naval Patrol Craft
      1. Westwind
      2. CN-235 CASA
      3. P-8 Poseidon

AWACS
      1. EC-121 Warning Star
      2. E-3 Sentry
      3. E-8 Joint STARS

Naval AWACS
      1. IrAn-140

Heavy Bomber
      1. B-47 Stratojet
      2. B-52 Stratofortress
      3. B-1 Lancer

Stealth Bomber
      1. SR-71 Blackbird

Corvette
      1. Sa'ar 4
      2. Sa'ar 4.5
      3. Assad class

Frigate
      1. Al Riyadh class
      2. Sa'ar 5
      3. Sa'ar 6

Destroyer
      1. Farragut class
      2. Spruance class
      3. Arleigh Burke class

Cruiser
      1. California class
      2. Virginia class
      3. Ticonderoga class

Aircraft Carrier
      1. Kitty Hawk class
      2. Nimitz class
      3. Gerard R. Ford class

Attack Submarine
      1. Gal class
      2. Dolphin 1 class
      3. Dolphin 2 class

Ballistic Missile Submarine
      1. Benjamin Franklin class (possibly Dolphin 1?)
      2. Ohio class (possibly Dolphin 2?)
      3. Columbia class

Edit 1: Added Strike Fighter Tier 2 and 3
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?

The post was edited 4 times, last by 737373elj ().

• 737373elj wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

why are you getting bored in the first place?
      Covid-19. It’s not as if I can play CoN 24/7 you know :D And my sim city makes it so that there isn’t too much activity.
      Ha, yes. I feel satisfied now. That's what I wanted to hear. People make fun of my profession and now its satisfying to watch them as the government tortures them with boredom. Do you play World of tanks? It's great for killing time.
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE
    • blue44elephant wrote:

737373elj wrote:

blue44elephant wrote:

why are you getting bored in the first place?
      Covid-19. It’s not as if I can play CoN 24/7 you know :D And my sim city makes it so that there isn’t too much activity.
      Ha, yes. I feel satisfied now. That's what I wanted to hear. People make fun of my profession and now its satisfying to watch them as the government tortures them with boredom. Do you play World of tanks? It's great for killing time.
      Mr. Elephant I am grateful for you helping defend the country of one of my country’s closest allies.

However, SR-71s are not heavy bombers I believe.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pafufu ().

• Pafufu wrote:

Mr. Elephant I am grateful for you helping defend the country of one of my country’s closest allies.
      Problem is most civilians are ungrateful,whiny, out-of-shape weaklings who start to run out of breath after running 2 kms and whine about having nothing to do while their home is littered with books,games,boards,cable wire. They always post about: Stop world hunger or Save mother Earth! And then go throw their half eaten pizza in the bin and I sometimes get bullied by ANTI-WAR ACTIVISTS who often have to say something stupid like: IF blood would be money, then middle East would be broke! What they don't understand is that if we don't go to Middle East then someone from Middle East will come and blow them up.
      Declaring war isn't enough, one must also know how to wage war.
      Lost battles can be summed up in two words: TOO LATE

The post was edited 1 time, last by blue44elephant ().

• I'm here 7 months later and I just read the list you wrote and I can say that I'm impressed!

Considering that I'm originally an egyptian, I never knew that some middle eastern countries (Excluding Egypt and Turkey) actually manufactures it's weapons and military equipment but looks like there actually are some of them like:

Israel (Literally the US's little puppet state in the middle east "I mean no offense to anyone though"
      Iran (especially their missile arsenal)
      Saudi arabia (They're known for their solid air force)
      UAE (The same said about saudi arabia)

And sadly the rest of the middle east is wether busy dealing with insurgencies (ISIS, ISIL, al qaeda and etc...) or engaging in bullshit wars...

- The middle east 2020
    • _dany20_ wrote:

Israel (Literally the US's little puppet state in the middle east "I mean no offense to anyone though"
      First of all, let me assure you I am not offended in any way, but if you believe Israel is a puppet state of the USA, you are sadly brainwashed by propaganda.

And this "→ Saudi arabia (They're known for their solid air force)" confuses me if the point was to highlight countries making their own armaments because well over 80% of Saudi's Air Force has been purchased from the United States.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

_dany20_ wrote:

First of all, let me assure you I am not offended in any way, but if you believe Israel is a puppet state of the USA, you are sadly brainwashed by propaganda.
      Alright dude I'm glad my words didn't offend you anyways, I'm completely unbiased aganist any country including Israel but I just found this comparaison completely unfair,

•The US has a law where it should guarantee israel to have the strongest millitary in the ME

• The US helped Israel alot in manufacturing it's own local millitary equipment and weapons

• The US and israel destroyed (and I mean by destroyed that it's military was involved) lots of other middle eastern countries' millitary programs such as the Egyptian Helwan HA-300 interceptor, the Syrian, egyptian and Iraqi nuclear programs and etc... (You can surf the internet for extra details if you're interested)

• Their intelligence agencies were accused of dozens of scientists' assassinations (especially the ones related to millitary)

This comparaison was never fair... wasn't it?
    • _dany20_ wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Alright dude I'm glad my words didn't offend you anyways, I'm completely unbiased aganist any country including Israel but I just found this comparaison completely unfair,

•The US has a law where it should guarantee israel to have the strongest millitary in the ME

• The US helped Israel alot in manufacturing it's own local millitary equipment and weapons

• The US and israel destroyed (and I mean by destroyed that it's military was involved) lots of other middle eastern countries' millitary programs such as the Egyptian Helwan HA-300 interceptor, the Syrian, egyptian and Iraqi nuclear programs and etc... (You can surf the internet for extra details if you're interested)

• Their intelligence agencies were accused of dozens of scientists' assassinations (especially the ones related to millitary)

This comparaison was never fair... wasn't it?
      No, it wasn't, if you have any idea what a puppet state really is. During the cold war, Kazakstan was a puppet state of the Soviet union, BIG difference between that dynamic and the US-Israel one or indeed even Israel's position on the world stage.

First of all, what farcical law is that?

The US, has done the same for Japan, the UK, France, and many other countries. I guess the whole world is filled with US vassal states, right?

Funny, the great repository of mindless speculation mentions nothing about any US involvement in CANCELLING of the program. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helwan_HA-300

And finally, LMFAO, as if that isn't standard operating procedure for almost every intelligence agency in the world.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Hullo! Had to say something.
      Elj's original post talked about imported tech.
      Well... The middle east doesn't exactly have a strong military.
      And it's carriers... are non existent.
      As for the intel agencies, take it easy. Israel had to use all of it's resources to survive.
      Dealing with contrasting ideologies that surround it, it therefore has the strongest intel agency in the world.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."