cruiser

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Destroyers are only stronger than Submarines if the enemy Submarines are in coastal waters.

The thing is that players who use submarines don't put them in coastal waters so why are you building destroyers in the first place?

You may as well build your own subs to take out enemy subs.

Submarines are equal vs destroyers but at the same time subs can defeat cruisers with ease, destroyers cannot.

So if you are smart about it you can get away with building subs only to Control the Sea

Now if your Navy is built with only subs all you need to worry about is

1. Not entering coastal waters (Easy just turn on the terrain tool setting)
      2. If the enemy has more destroyers or subs as you have (Unlikely because they will generally be building frigs etc)
      3. ASW Helicopters

If 1 and 2 and 3 do not occur then you've got control of the sea.

If they have ASW then you will have to use one of the many counters for ASW (ASF etc)

(Note I am referring to MAX level units above. Also please do the math first if you plan on replying something like "destroyer are way stronger than subs" because I too have no idea why "destroyers" are mediocre at "destroying" exactly what they are meant to destroy, I'm just sharing some info)

(Also there will occasionally be times where you cannot reach an enemy ship without entering coastal waters if they are within the cities harbor, however remember you can just park your Subs nearby, sit and wait and box the enemy in)
    • - destroyers dont cost rare materials to build
      - destroyers are faster than subs (4.50 vs 3.50 speed)
      - subs lack the capability of attacking/damaging landunits/buildings

but in general naval dominance is already gained by just building any sort of navy (and ofc upgrading it past lvl 1) because almost nobody else does
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

GoldenGuy wrote:

When I play as island ,I stack destroyer and cruisers and defeat entire coalitions.There are 3 games in which I was playing as island and had around 200 vp while I defeated someone with more than 1000 vp in africa just by naval assault.Both destroyer and cruiser should be level 4.Destroyer will protect against submarine while cruiser will destroy any ship and aircraft.
      5 stack of level 4 Naval Patrol craft will make mincemeat out of that naval stack.
      There are many other units too which can destroy these stacks like level 6 sub but not many people use naval patrol aircraft so probability of success is hight,plus I dont sent 1 stack I send atleast 2 or 3 stacks along with ballistic submarine to target enemy airbases as I am talking about playing as island nation.No strategy can work in all games but it will work in most of games.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • GoldenGuy wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

GoldenGuy wrote:

When I play as island ,I stack destroyer and cruisers and defeat entire coalitions.There are 3 games in which I was playing as island and had around 200 vp while I defeated someone with more than 1000 vp in africa just by naval assault.Both destroyer and cruiser should be level 4.Destroyer will protect against submarine while cruiser will destroy any ship and aircraft.
      5 stack of level 4 Naval Patrol craft will make mincemeat out of that naval stack.
      There are many other units too which can destroy these stacks like level 6 sub but not many people use naval patrol aircraft so probability of success is hight,plus I dont sent 1 stack I send atleast 2 or 3 stacks along with ballistic submarine to target enemy airbases as I am talking about playing as island nation.No strategy can work in all games but it will work in most of games.
      Very good point. However, unfortunately @Teburu has a point that a lot of the time you don’t need all that since others rarely build navies.