Longest time you have ever played?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

I have to laugh at some of the replies here, as they are all very tame.

All the answers are talking about game days, some of which are far too long.

However, I was playing two games and I spent 96 hours or four days without sleep. It would have been 97 hours but I had an hours sleep during that time.

I have done 24 hours before that on a number of occasions, which is why I took a two year break from playing the game, five or six games at a time, someone always wants to invade when you want to go to sleep.

However, the 96 hours was when someone stabbed me in the back after I had given them a peace deal. I could have destroyed them days or more a week or so into the game, but I keep my peace deals. One night before I was due to go to sleep, Sweden decided to park his navy right up against the UK. Spain was his ally and I had been speaking to him, and he kept lying to me, which I really hate, but I knew that they was going to invade, so I destroyed Sweden's navy and then Spain said I would not be able to destroy his navy so easy.

I lost the whole of the UK due to their invasion, but I still had my navy, air force and troops to take land. In the end I destroyed both of them, I got another player his first solo win and I came second in the game despite losing everything. I beat third place by one point.

I have not done this since, stayed awake for that long, I might have done an all nighter since then, but I try not to care and I always put my troops as safe as I can so I still have something to fight with.

Please do not be stupid enough to do all nighters, or staying awake for days on end. It can seriously destroy your health and in some cases has actually killed people for playing to long.

My sleep pattern was messed up doing this for real life, and I now rely on sleeping tablets to get me to sleep every night, that and a few beers. When I was not on sleeping tablets, I used to self medicate with booze just to try and get me to sleep, but that would give me either a few hours of bad sleep in the evening, or a whole night of bad sleep, where you sleep for eight hours, but you wake up and you are still tired, semi drunk and need of another beer for hair of the dog.

Please take this as a health warning, as I say I took a two year break from the game, as it was taking over my life, a lot of people that I played with had been playing this for four or five years, a lot of them have gone now. I am on a new account because I could not remember my old account, otherwise my rank would be a lot higher. This game can be addictive and it can take over your life if you let it. Once you start going five or more games you are now having an addiction problem.

If you are spending money on gold, then please think. It does not make you good at the game, because you have a million pound in your bank account, and can buy everything. In the end, you are still rubbish at the game, but more important you are broke and addicted, just like fruit machines/slots or gambling.

Regards

Mark
    edgelord alert
    I may or may not exist
  • HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

I have to laugh at some of the replies here, as they are all very tame.

All the answers are talking about game days, some of which are far too long.

However, I was playing two games and I spent 96 hours or four days without sleep. It would have been 97 hours but I had an hours sleep during that time.

I have done 24 hours before that on a number of occasions, which is why I took a two year break from playing the game, five or six games at a time, someone always wants to invade when you want to go to sleep.

However, the 96 hours was when someone stabbed me in the back after I had given them a peace deal. I could have destroyed them days or more a week or so into the game, but I keep my peace deals. One night before I was due to go to sleep, Sweden decided to park his navy right up against the UK. Spain was his ally and I had been speaking to him, and he kept lying to me, which I really hate, but I knew that they was going to invade, so I destroyed Sweden's navy and then Spain said I would not be able to destroy his navy so easy.

I lost the whole of the UK due to their invasion, but I still had my navy, air force and troops to take land. In the end I destroyed both of them, I got another player his first solo win and I came second in the game despite losing everything. I beat third place by one point.

I have not done this since, stayed awake for that long, I might have done an all nighter since then, but I try not to care and I always put my troops as safe as I can so I still have something to fight with.

Please do not be stupid enough to do all nighters, or staying awake for days on end. It can seriously destroy your health and in some cases has actually killed people for playing to long.

My sleep pattern was messed up doing this for real life, and I now rely on sleeping tablets to get me to sleep every night, that and a few beers. When I was not on sleeping tablets, I used to self medicate with booze just to try and get me to sleep, but that would give me either a few hours of bad sleep in the evening, or a whole night of bad sleep, where you sleep for eight hours, but you wake up and you are still tired, semi drunk and need of another beer for hair of the dog.

Please take this as a health warning, as I say I took a two year break from the game, as it was taking over my life, a lot of people that I played with had been playing this for four or five years, a lot of them have gone now. I am on a new account because I could not remember my old account, otherwise my rank would be a lot higher. This game can be addictive and it can take over your life if you let it. Once you start going five or more games you are now having an addiction problem.

If you are spending money on gold, then please think. It does not make you good at the game, because you have a million pound in your bank account, and can buy everything. In the end, you are still rubbish at the game, but more important you are broke and addicted, just like fruit machines/slots or gambling.

Regards

Mark
    Thank you for sharing. I know this feeling. I wait 1 more hour till i can start the new research. Or to start a new construction. Or just checking in at 2 am in the night if the navy is still in the safe night hideout.

At a certain point you just have tonsay to yourself...whatevet. i loose some bits and bytes...its not real...but its hard.i tend not to do more.then 2 games as it really eats up all of my mind and toughts
    @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
  • kurtvonstein wrote:

Thank you for sharing. I know this feeling. I wait 1 more hour till i can start the new research. Or to start a new construction. Or just checking in at 2 am in the night if the navy is still in the safe night hideout.
    At a certain point you just have tonsay to yourself...whatevet. i loose some bits and bytes...its not real...but its hard.i tend not to do more.then 2 games as it really eats up all of my mind and toughts
    i find myself thinking about my con games throughut the day, especially when theres a big invasion or something going on
    Україна
    Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
  • kurtvonstein wrote:

Yeah sadly the research is very poor, you should be able to queue that the way that you can weapons. If you are not on membership though then you are at a disadvantage build queues are handy, even though I hated paying for it, but as I was playing it so much then I thought that I would try it and had spare cash.

It is a tad addictive, but sometimes it is more about pride than thinking that it is only a game. Yeah don't get me wrong, I do give up at times, but I have to be badly beaten first before I give up. If I think that I still have a chance then I don't give up.

The last game that I gave up on was some mouthy idiot who was Indonesia, and I was India, near enough start of the game, and he was spending gold, giving it all the mouth, I knew that I was beat as was about ten days, and I did not have the forces to combat his gold spending.

I don't mind losing, but when you get mouthy idiots, then I hate losing. When you get gold spenders I hate losing, if you lose to a better player, or a good coalition then I don't mind that, I have learnt from that experience and adapted my game because of it.

However, well done you are the first forum general that is not up his own backside lol you gave an adult reply

Regards

Mark
  • HMRoyalAirForce wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Thank you for sharing. I know this feeling. I wait 1 more hour till i can start the new research. Or to start a new construction. Or just checking in at 2 am in the night if the navy is still in the safe night hideout.At a certain point you just have tonsay to yourself...whatevet. i loose some bits and bytes...its not real...but its hard.i tend not to do more.then 2 games as it really eats up all of my mind and toughts
    Yeah sadly the research is very poor, you should be able to queue that the way that you can weapons. If you are not on membership though then you are at a disadvantage build queues are handy, even though I hated paying for it, but as I was playing it so much then I thought that I would try it and had spare cash.
    It is a tad addictive, but sometimes it is more about pride than thinking that it is only a game. Yeah don't get me wrong, I do give up at times, but I have to be badly beaten first before I give up. If I think that I still have a chance then I don't give up.

The last game that I gave up on was some mouthy idiot who was Indonesia, and I was India, near enough start of the game, and he was spending gold, giving it all the mouth, I knew that I was beat as was about ten days, and I did not have the forces to combat his gold spending.

I don't mind losing, but when you get mouthy idiots, then I hate losing. When you get gold spenders I hate losing, if you lose to a better player, or a good coalition then I don't mind that, I have learnt from that experience and adapted my game because of it.

However, well done you are the first forum general that is not up his own backside lol you gave an adult reply

Regards

Mark
    When there are heavy golders, my go-to build is navy, particularly frigates and maybe submarines or cruisers if time allows. That way if I loose my homeland, I can still be serious force that can strike anywhere and then disappear for awhile, basically the life of a pirate.

Once I played as Greece and in Africa there was 3 apparent friends who spent quite a bit of dough getting a head start. I quietly built up my frigates to about 15 plus naval officer and focused solely on upgrading them. When sent their destroyers they quickly became fishfood. That was when Ethiopia began launching about 6 ballistic missiles every day, every one getting shot down. I made raids on their naval cities but they rebuilt them instantly so I returned to Greece.

Once they landed a force in turkey I realized that I couldn’t hold my homeland so I took every single unit I had a sailed them through Gibraltar and down to Antarctica during the night, and by chance intercepted and sank 30 tanks and infantry near Spain, as well as shooting down a dozen aircraft. The posts of fury on the news in the morning made my day lol

Having sailed all the way around Africa, I launched an all out invasion on Ethiopia and took his capital and two other cities, and then quickly evacuated the area.

They began viciously hunting for my fleets, but after a few exchanges, I escaped and fled to the Arctic. Though those three players ended up winning, I continued harassing them to the end with 3 frigates and an officer to the point that they became raving lunatics (perhaps things got amplified by a few public articles nominally awarding those heroes on board those renowned vessels).

Without any worries about defending homeland cities, the game became all fun and no stress. All I had to do was look for new ways to be a thorn in their side. That game is certainly in my top 5 :D
    I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
  • Usually it doesnt work like this.

When you encounter a golder first thing is evade air firce build to avoid defeat by sabotahed airfields.

Second is upgrading to SAM, theater defense and MRLs.

Navy usually is not the way to go...this is a melee unit that repairs to slow to make any significant long lasting effect...

When i encounteres a golder i couldnt hide my fleet cause he spend the 10k to reveal the position. Then he force marched and healed before and during the fight...
    @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
  • kurtvonstein wrote:

Usually it doesnt work like this.

When you encounter a golder first thing is evade air firce build to avoid defeat by sabotahed airfields.

Second is upgrading to SAM, theater defense and MRLs.

Navy usually is not the way to go...this is a melee unit that repairs to slow to make any significant long lasting effect...

When i encounteres a golder i couldnt hide my fleet cause he spend the 10k to reveal the position. Then he force marched and healed before and during the fight...
    Yeah, but the battle began day 10…no time for doom stacks. And I had superior range over them till day 24 when game was almost over so melee wasn’t a thing
    I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
  • Longest: day 92 (Japan)
    Shortest: day 46 (Germany)

Constant: 2x
    "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
    Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
    We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
    The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
  • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

"It's not the country's geography or resources fault that you lost... it's the commander." - Me
    IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN! - Kevin Heart
    It's Kevin "Hart", genius.
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • Dealer of Death wrote:

Get a life damn...

Correcting every bodies damn mistakes... if you would be nice with it like 'Hey, you know it's Hart not "Heart" right?'
    But no... you not even just you... yall Forum elders always got to be undermining new players... like they're retarded.
    Like ok... I'll fix it but, just don't be a jackass and go correcting peoples stuff. There's literally a wall comment you could use.

(Excuse my language)

Like some noob players might no more or have better strategies than you,,,

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Get a life damn...
    Correcting every bodies damn mistakes... if you would be nice with it like 'Hey, you know it's Hart not "Heart" right?'
    But no... you not even just you... yall Forum elders always got to be undermining new players... like they're retarded.
    Like ok... I'll fix it but, just don't be a jackass and go correcting peoples stuff. There's literally a wall comment you could use.

(Excuse my language)

Like some noob players might no more or have better strategies than you,,,
    Oh please.

If you want some respect, earn it.

Allow me to refer you to this post:

Followed by these two posts:
  • I don't want yall respect, all if want is common courtesy...

And what is with these ode words coming from the elders like, "The dog that got hit is barking"
    Like... only you guys understand that is because ya'll are old hasbin... yall cant tell it how it is so you code word which makes it not understandable.

The post about "Burning of lockheed Martin" is for some things I said earlier, and I thought Lockheed Martin made most stealth units.
    I learned something there...

CONTRARY to popular belief I learn something new at this forum like every day I'm here... I just don't express it.

"Keep the dogs out the cats den" OH god more code worded crap...

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

I don't want yall respect, all if want is common courtesy...

And what is with these ode words coming from the elders like, "The dog that got hit is barking"
    Like... only you guys understand that is because ya'll are old hasbin... yall cant tell it how it is so you code word which makes it not understandable.

The post about "Burning of lockheed Martin" is for some things I said earlier, and I thought Lockheed Martin made most stealth units.
    I learned something there...

CONTRARY to popular belief I learn something new at this forum like every day I'm here... I just don't express it.

"Keep the dogs out the cats den" OH god more code worded crap...
    Common Courtesy? With your behavior? lmao
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • Common courtesy is not what you earn... it's what you expect...

And knowing that you guys are most-likely over 25 I expect it.

Common Courtesy: noun. : politeness that people can usually be expected to show.

IDK what you expect a 12 yr old to act but, this is what you got... I ain't changing for nobody.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Common courtesy is not what you earn... it's what you expect...

Common Courtesy: noun. : politeness that people can usually be expected to show.
    people Americans.
    Not sure if people from the other side are expected
    TANKERS
    #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
  • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Common courtesy is not what you earn... it's what you expect...

IDK what you expect a 12 yr old to act but, this is what you got... I ain't changing for nobody.
    No offense, but you’re supposed to be at least 13 years old.