The sim city guides: USA (WW3)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The sim city guides: USA (WW3)

So yeah I’m bored and Southeast Asia has surprisingly little original tech (good try Singapore: but the Bionix ain’t enough.) so I’m going to do this ripoff version of the other series that never really took off. Let’s go. (With any luck I may do one for Canada)

Day 1:

First off, the research. Basic Inf and ASF ain’t a bad way to go as fast researches that you can just about afford. You can do AFVs later. Alternatively, Corvettes and Strikes are other options you can research if you like the respective builds. But in this case, we are going Destroyers as ASFs should cover the sky well.
      Next, building. Usually, for best lazy building, you should select three cities (generally Chicago, that city directly south which I forgot what it was called and New Orleans) for army and build Army Bases in all of them. You could always build army bases in all your cities, and that is a good idea, but that is confusing when each city has its own unit to mobilize. Once you’re done, get Arms Industries in all your cities. Buying the cheapest Rare Materials offer should get you enough. If it isn’t, get the second best one as well. Now wait for 9 hours for them to finish.
      Now the stuff that defines sim city: diplomacy. And just like sim city, get peace on all sides. Send peace offers to Canada and Mexico as soon as they have players. You could always go and create a coalition too. Don’t bother with Cuba, it always gets eaten alive by Venezuela, Colombia or Mexico. After this, there a number of options that could happen:
      1. Both accept.
      2. Canada accepts but Mexico doesn’t
      3. Mexico accepts but Canada doesn’t (or Canada just seems to go offline)
      4. Both don’t accept

1. If both do, then great! It is now the ultimate blissful aim city experience. Build ASFs and patrol over all your cities while you research Destroyers day 3, Naval Bases and Air Bases and just have a good time building.

2. In this case, align your troops along the Mexican border and build soldiers. Launch your attack whenever you feel like it. Take the northern cities (Reynosa and Mexicali) while also landing on coastal cities (Acapulco, Merida and Veracruz). Each assault force should have a minimum of 4 infantry, preferably 5 infantry + 1 CRV. The latter is the best as you won’t lose anything thanks to damage mitigation. Once they are taken, send another assault force to Mexico City while you chill and make sure insurgents don’t spawn. With a bit of luck, your assault force should win and you’ve taken Mexico. If it doesn’t, it should be the third day of your attack and your cities should be calmed down. Once they are above 34%, gather your troops and attack a second time, which you should win easily. Then just waypoint and munch territory.
      Later on, sweep down the AI countries and try to take Panama quickly, so you have a foothold into South America. You could also go for Cuba if you like. Both you and Canada should take South America along with whatever Southern american country you accepted into the coalition.

3. This is the usual thing. If he doesn’t respond by Day 2, then get ready. Position infantry on boats outside Vancouver, patrol just outside Montreal, while getting your artillery outside Montreal, in the mountains so you can get that juicy attack boost. Get your Anchorage infantry to the border over the day, while taking 2 assault forces to Toronto, as it’s the fastest way to Montreal as well, so why not just bring them there too? Get one assault force for each remaining city, excluding Halifax, as that will come in later.
      On Day 3, commence your attack. It should be relatively easy. Get your Anchorage troops on waypoints, which should take around 8 days if you’re going to take the entire Canada with just those two. The rest of the battles should be easy victories, and you should have Montreal at the end of the day. If you fail to take Calvary, Attack it with your plane and take those 3 infantry you should have created by now to take Calvary.
      Your next move depends on what Canada did. If Canada took Quebec, take Quebec yourself while sending one of you Assault forces to Halifax. You only need to send 2 infantry if you Bomb Halifax with your plane (tip: build a Military Hospital in Washington DC). You should be done by then and just take territory.
      After that, your next move. Mexico should be either taking the AI countries down south or has taken them. In the earlier, take Greenland while you do some sweet all-our mobilization. In the latter, if Cuba is in your coalition, then join both to take South America. If he isn’t, you may want to take him first.

4. Or any other option: just quit. You’re gonna die.

Good coalition structure:
      Option 1:
      Canada + Mexico + South American country + Cuba/Australia/New Zealand/South American country

Option 2:
      Canada + South American country + Cuba/Australia/New Zealand/South American country + Cuba/Australia/New Zealand/South American country

Option 3:
      Mexico + South American country + Cuba/Australia/New Zealand/South American country + Cuba/Australia/New Zealand/South American country

What you should be doing while everything else is going on:

Day 2:
      - build Air Bases (preferably Anchorage, San Francisco, Hawaii)
      - build Naval Bases (preferably New York, Los Angeles, Portland)
      - build Army Base lv. 2
      - (optional): build Military Hospital in Washington DC

Day 3:
      - Research Destroyers
      - build Naval Bases lv. 3

If you went with option 3, research Naval Infantry as well, and build Naval Bases (preferably in Chicago and New Orleans)

Summarizing flow chart of diplomatic decisions:

Did Canada accept peace treaty?
      Yes: did Mexico accept peace treaty?
      No: did Mexico accept peace treaty?

Yes: did Mexico accept peace treaty?
      Yes: do sim city
      No: Attack Mexico

No: did Mexico accept peace treaty?
      Yes: Attack Canada
      No: quit game

That’s it! Any suggestions or comments?
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?

The post was edited 1 time, last by 737373elj ().

• Sim city is basically a way of playing that means you just keep producing units and not go to war, origin is most likely from the game of the same name. It’s generally looked down upon here, as the aim is to go to war, but I still like it nonetheless.
      Regarding each city producing a certain unit, you don’t have to do that, it’s simply the simplest and resource-efficient way to produce the most units. You only have to build that particular unit in that particular city, hence saving the costs of having to build high-leveled buildings.
    • Rozne Eltobliv wrote:

lol I tried playing Bolivia and not to go to war . But you can't avoid war in South America ! Argentina attacked , I defended , succeeded and restored my borders . Peru attacked , I defended , succeeded and restored my borders . Brazil attacked with his gang , time to get outta this game !
      I know how that feels. One game I picked New Zealand because I wanted to be out of the way and keep to myself and just write funny news articles all game long without really trying to win.
      BUT
      Australia wouldn't stop trying (and failing) to invade me.
      I ended up getting pissed off and going on a holy tear which ultimately saw me and the coalition I joined, win the game, with me as the #1 VP point getter.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD