Really cool seasonal unit : mercenaries

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Really cool seasonal unit : mercenaries

Coming from a country where their services are not needed they now offer their services to the highest bidder: And this can be you.
      And whats so special about them you ask me? What makes them the next seasonal Elite unit in Conflict of nations that everyone wants?

It is there ability to be recruited in captured cites without annexing them! Just build some military structure and off you go.
      You might even be able to recruit them in small provinces...Awesome!

There only downturn are the immense upkeep costs - but hey nothing is for free.

We might even add a element of unhappiness to local population for the existence of mercenaries(global = all of a players cities, local only province)

The fighting stats, building requirement, research and building costs are part of a different discussion and game balancing.
      I would like to talk about he idea/concept itself first.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Coming from a country where their services are not needed they now offer their services to the highest bidder: And this can be you.
      And whats so special about them you ask me? What makes them the next seasonal Elite unit in Conflict of nations that everyone wants?

It is there ability to be recruited in captured cites without annexing them! Just build some military structure and off you go.
      You might even be able to recruit them in small provinces...Awesome!

There only downturn are the immense upkeep costs - but hey nothing is for free.

We might even add a element of unhappiness to local population for the existence of mercenaries(global = all of a players cities, local only province)

The fighting stats, building requirement, research and building costs are part of a different discussion and game balancing.
      I would like to talk about he idea/concept itself first.
      I love the concept, but there are a lot of details to be worked out.

What are their stats? Mobilization requirements and costs? Is it necessary to have a certain morale?
    • Good idea but problem is that the cost of seasonal units are usually too high plus there are number of units constraints.If you can build only 3 mercenaries in level 1 it will not be useful and for level 2 you will have 5 mercenaries but taking into account the trend of seasonal unit you would need at least army base level 2 in captured city which is not a good idea.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • I love the Idea,
      and yeah, the Stats have to be tuned to macht mid lvl Inf,
      especially the high upkeep (must be high) will limit unit spam.

@Kurt: great Idea :)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"