Increase coaliton leaving time after Victory points are reached 4x game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GoldenGuy wrote:

Coalition leaving time in 4x game is 24 hours.It should be increased to 48 hours for a player having 1850 points so that other coalition members can also leave and fight him.
      If a person who enjoyed the cooperation of coalition members and want to win alone he should be given a chance to prove his superiority against coalition members.
      Meh, it sounds like you just need to make some real trustworthy friends to enter games and coalitions with. You could do this on your own as I have, or maybe join a coalition and do it with fellow members.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Kalrakh wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

If you let a player get that many VP all by himself, he kind of earned it. :/
      Not in every case. I once played with someone who just build infantry for looting. I did all the killing and he looted like crazy. which brings up the other topic about coalition members that suck...
      If you let him do it unpunished, whose fault is it? :)
      Basically mine. I once mentioned. I am getting lazy when I have all the tech and ressources I need.
      Then I go for kills to pimp my statistic. Build looters and getting useless provinces doesnt bother me anymore. I consider this waste of time and destruction of my mouse because of heavy clicking.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Just think about the other side of the coin, If he was not your coalition member and if you was in war with him early.

But your point about the timing factor is valid ( my personal opinion) I do want they should increase the time. 6 hrs real time is too sort.
      Have fun, nothing personal.

The post was edited 1 time, last by booombooom ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

Devs consider 'bad behaviour' as part of the game. Treasonous acts are part of wars.
      Absolutely and that makes sense.

In wars you also have some sense of the leaders of the other countries. There is a good rational for having some “intelligence” on the characteristics of the leader.

For example we already have a military and economic score. So we can infer a lot from that. We also have combat data, building data and such, from all historical games.

We aren’t trying to prevent treasonous acts, just to get a feel for the player. Since they give us so much data already adding in information on joining or leaving coalitions wouldn’t be out of the context of gameplay they have created.

The other question would be, is joining a coalition and then leaving at the end to try and gain a solo victory more of an exploit or just gameplay. If it’s just gameplay then we should have information on the players past history.

It sure seems like more of an exploit, but either way having the info would be relevant and seems to fit in well with the devs approach to the game.
    • Well I dont like the idea of social credit rating because everyone leaves coalitons when its members are inactive ,I also do it.However there is no harm in adding a count for how many solo wins are earned by leaving the coalition.
      I was talking about a specific case when someone leave the coalition after 1850 points so in this case his coalition leaving time should atleast be 2 game days ,so that other coalition member can leave before him and fight him.If he wants to be solo winner of the game he should prove him to be the best.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • PattonT wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Devs consider 'bad behaviour' as part of the game. Treasonous acts are part of wars.
      Absolutely and that makes sense.
      In wars you also have some sense of the leaders of the other countries. There is a good rational for having some “intelligence” on the characteristics of the leader.

For example we already have a military and economic score. So we can infer a lot from that. We also have combat data, building data and such, from all historical games.

We aren’t trying to prevent treasonous acts, just to get a feel for the player. Since they give us so much data already adding in information on joining or leaving coalitions wouldn’t be out of the context of gameplay they have created.

The other question would be, is joining a coalition and then leaving at the end to try and gain a solo victory more of an exploit or just gameplay. If it’s just gameplay then we should have information on the players past history.

It sure seems like more of an exploit, but either way having the info would be relevant and seems to fit in well with the devs approach to the game.
      Well since "wins" as in the player stat, doesn't actually definitively correspond to winning the war in the game, but rather when dorado has decided you will win and doesn't want to tie up more server resources on you actually finishing it out, I'd say it is an aspect of the game, not an exploit.

However, maybe they could change the time to leave a coalition once you reach solo win threshold to four times longer than normal
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD