a proposal to fix "warped air combat" with less new code possible I can come up with.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• a proposal to fix "warped air combat" with less new code possible I can come up with.

What is "warped air combat" ? I don't know a proper name for it atm but I refer to:

When aircraft have been order to engage enemy, normally your aircraft will continue to pursue the enemy unit.
      BUT if the enemy unit move out of any of your detection. Your aircraft will travel to last know position of enemy unit,
      Warp to enemy unit no matter where it is, engage the combat and return to airbase.

I believed a lot of you know about this issue so here my proposal.

========================================================

If enemy still be detected -> continue to pursue

If enemy disappear from your detection -> go the last know location and check for enemy unit that you order to pursue within patrol range
      • If enemy unit that you order to pursue is present -> perfrom a patrol action -> continue the pursue order. (aircraft will go back to airbase, resupply and loop the order again)
      • If enemy unit that you order to pursue is not present -> clear out the pursue order (aircraft will return back to airbase and not pursue enemy unit that you had order it to pursue if re-detect after this)
      If enemy have been re-detect -> continue to pursue
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD