Polar Sun

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Did anyone ever notice that the shadows for all the units are from a Sun that is always NNE in the sky. Yes I know they would have to make huge amounts of code to make it realistic for no practical gain, but I just wanted to point it out. In order to get anything close to this, (at least in the northern Hemisphere) the Earth would have to be in a tight orbit, orbiting a point directly below the sun, and not the sun itself. And don't get me started on the shadows being the same in the Southern Hemisphere as well, because even if the orbit was just like I said to make sense for the northern hemisphere, the sunlight would have to defy the laws of physics and bend around the earth in order to also cast shadows the same way in the southern hemisphere.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Did anyone ever notice that the shadows for all the units are from a Sun that is always NNE in the sky. Yes I know they would have to make huge amounts of code to make it realistic for no practical gain, but I just wanted to point it out. In order to get anything close to this, (at least in the northern Hemisphere) the Earth would have to be in a tight orbit, orbiting a point directly below the sun, and not the sun itself. And don't get me started on the shadows being the same in the Southern Hemisphere as well, because even if the orbit was just like I said to make sense for the northern hemisphere, the sunlight would have to defy the laws of physics and bend around the earth in order to also cast shadows the same way in the southern hemisphere.
      No, I did not, but now I can’t stop noticing it.
    • Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Did anyone ever notice that the shadows for all the units are from a Sun that is always NNE in the sky. Yes I know they would have to make huge amounts of code to make it realistic for no practical gain, but I just wanted to point it out. In order to get anything close to this, (at least in the northern Hemisphere) the Earth would have to be in a tight orbit, orbiting a point directly below the sun, and not the sun itself. And don't get me started on the shadows being the same in the Southern Hemisphere as well, because even if the orbit was just like I said to make sense for the northern hemisphere, the sunlight would have to defy the laws of physics and bend around the earth in order to also cast shadows the same way in the southern hemisphere.
      No, I did not, but now I can’t stop noticing it.
      LOL!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD