Remove the War Morale Penalty for Insurgents

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Remove the War Morale Penalty for Insurgents

At war with 6 countries, ... No, I'm at war with FIVE countries and some &*#$^ing terrorists!

No way being at "war" with insurgents should carry the same penalty as being at war with a country. Insurgents aren't a country. Where's Insurgentica? Or Isurgentistan? Or the People's Republic of Insugentia?

People of your country should if anything get a morale boost from Patriotism for being at war with what would be viewed by the populace as nothing more than terrorists.

Your citizens would WANT you to kill them.

Get rid of it. NOW!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Tell this to Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya. Ukraine, etc - I am sure they totally agree with the assumption that "a country should if anything get a morale boost from Patriotism for being at war with what would be viewed by the populace as nothing more than terrorists" ... if that was the case the nations below should be highly motivated and pumped full of morale.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_rebel_groups

Sorry but no. We deliberately have this penalty and will not abolish it.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Tell this to Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya. Ukraine, etc - I am sure they totally agree with the assumption that "a country should if anything get a morale boost from Patriotism for being at war with what would be viewed by the populace as nothing more than terrorists" ... if that was the case the nations below should be highly motivated and pumped full of morale.

//G
      Still not a country and shouldn't count as one, ... UNLESS you can show me where Insurgentataria is on the map. :D
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

Germanico wrote:

Tell this to Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya. Ukraine, etc - I am sure they totally agree with the assumption that "a country should if anything get a morale boost from Patriotism for being at war with what would be viewed by the populace as nothing more than terrorists" ... if that was the case the nations below should be highly motivated and pumped full of morale.

//G
      Still not a country and shouldn't count as one, ... UNLESS you can show me where Insurgentataria is on the map. :D
      It’s right there on the map. ISIS has its headquarters listed. Or was it Al-Qaeda? Can’t remember too well, but basically you can pinpoint Insurgentataria or whatever on the map.
    • 737373elj wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Germanico wrote:

//G
      It’s right there on the map. ISIS has its headquarters listed. Or was it Al-Qaeda? Can’t remember too well, but basically you can pinpoint Insurgentataria or whatever on the map.
      Do you know the meaning of the English word "country"? if not consult a dictionary or list their UN ambassador's name.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Germanico wrote:

//G
      Do you know the meaning of the English word "country"? if not consult a dictionary or list their UN ambassador's name.
      I believe the point is that insurgents aren't a country, but the damage and fear they strike in the hearts of citizens is equivalent to it, so therefore the morale penalty is the same. I personally would keep the morale penalty, but lower it due to the lack of damage caused by insurgents (perhaps it can be raised if said insurgents occupy homeland territory.)
    • Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

737373elj wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Germanico wrote:

//G
      I believe the point is that insurgents aren't a country, but the damage and fear they strike in the hearts of citizens is equivalent to it, so therefore the morale penalty is the same. I personally would keep the morale penalty, but lower it due to the lack of damage caused by insurgents (perhaps it can be raised if said insurgents occupy homeland territory.)
      NO, I believe the point is, there is an indicator that say "COUNTRIES" at war with. And since I was the one making the point, again, no.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Germanico wrote:

//G
      You know, after reading this again, your first point doesn't make any sense. In afghan, iraq, et al it isn't conquering country getting penalized by morale by insurgency like in the game.
      Let me put it another way. My country takes over a foreign city. Sure, that will piss off the people there, and cause insurgencies, but MY people, of MY country should have a morale boost because of fighting terrorists, a patriotic backlash, not a penalty. My country and it's morale would increase from having to put down guerilla fighters who employ assymetrical warfare that impacts civillians more.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Germanico wrote:

//G
      I would put one of top and distingush the insurgents from the countries you are active in...so having rebels from different countries effects your moral really badly...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Germanico wrote:

//G
      I would put one of top and distingush the insurgents from the countries you are active in...so having rebels from different countries effects your moral really badly...
      They once tried that, with half a dozen different insurgents. Heard is was quite a mess.
      Guess DoD would have liked that even less.
    • "....but MY people, of MY country should have a morale boost because of fighting terrorists, a patriotic backlash, not a penalty"

Yeah - that's why generally we've seen so many pro-war rallies and demonstrations of support for the army in the UK, US, France and all other nations embroiled in wars against insurgents ;) *sarcasm off

I have said all there is to say from the dev's side about this. My participation in this thread ends here...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf