My fuel is negative

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Did you build arms industries? Need them to up production
    Did you do any of the following 1.Bomb cities 2.Bombard cities from navy 3.Missile strike cities 4.Use gas 5.use nukes
    If you do any of the first 3, it reduces morale, even more if there are no units in the cities and you are just killing civilians (reducing population)
    and the last 2 are big morale drops. Drop your morale low enough and try to field a huge army at the same time and your fuel production will go negative.
    Lay off the bombing and nuking and killing civilians for a while (and it might be a long while) and it should go up
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • Never happened to me. I always have so manu fuel/oil that for me it is the most worthless resource. I never build apgrades in fuel cities.
    The purpose is obviously to keep you from over-building armor units through upkeep.
    You only need it for buildings. Not even close to reality.
    So they added upkeep on armor to compensate. Wrong choice.
    They should completely remove it from buildings and add it to all quality armor/planes/ships.
    When I say quality I don't mean for example recon but MBT etc. I don't mean ASF but SF, bombers, avacs, stealth planes...not corvettes but all other ships.
    Then you would actually need it. Now you only need it if it's big map that will last too long. Oil is always for sale, nobody is buying.
    Why is oil needed for buildings? What's the reality there?
  • The main reason I experience negative fuel production is because I build too many units, and I find that it is irrespective of whether or not they are armor units.

Build arms industries in all of your cities with fuel production, stop building more units, and focus on upgrading your existing units. You need to increase your economy before you build more units. If you haven't experienced this issue before, maybe you haven't played with a nation that has this kind of economic constraint.
  • Well, I've had fuel tight before (but usually, I'm filling swimming pools with it), but the only time I had it go negative was with massive bombing/missile use and the morale penalties associated with that.
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• kurtvonstein wrote:

In one game I saw a GoldenBoy that bought so many units that he could afford the upkeep anymore...his cities revolted...he quit. I took them over.

Would not have happened with a "natural growth rate".
    What an idiot, he should have just kamakazeed his troops until it was under control again.
    The KING of CoN News!!!