Catching aircraft on the ground...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Catching aircraft on the ground...

Basically what happens when you bomb an airfield which has planes refueling on it? Sorry for the noobish question but only my first proper game..

Situation was a minor power ( Algeria ) declared on me after having a girly strop about UAVs over his territory. Which didn't seem like a big problem...

Trouble is his mate in Libya, who seems to spend loads of gold joined him. Set up a forward airbase instantly in a province rather than a city, brought a stack of 9 strike fighters and proceeded to one shot my units with it.

Which wasn't exactly how I'd seen things panning out.

Waited till his a/c were refueling and hit the province with my 4 strike fighters though I didn't see the results other than the provincial airfield being reduced from 10 to 7 HP.

Would I have done much damage to his aircraft here? Lv 4 I think they were..
    • Spinflight wrote:

Basically what happens when you bomb an airfield which has planes refueling on it? Sorry for the noobish question but only my first proper game..

Situation was a minor power ( Algeria ) declared on me after having a girly strop about UAVs over his territory. Which didn't seem like a big problem...

Trouble is his mate in Libya, who seems to spend loads of gold joined him. Set up a forward airbase instantly in a province rather than a city, brought a stack of 9 strike fighters and proceeded to one shot my units with it.

Waited till his a/c were refueling and hit the province with my 4 strike fighters though I didn't see the results other than the provincial airfield being reduced from 10 to 7 HP.

Things to keep in mind:
      You have to reduce the airfield to below 4 to ground his planes and make the airfield unusable (until he heals it/rebuilds it)
      Check the CoN News to see what you killed if anything. It's not always accurate, but it's close.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Spinflight wrote:

Things to keep in mind:You have to reduce the airfield to below 4 to ground his planes and make the airfield unusable (until he heals it/rebuilds it)
      Check the CoN News to see what you killed if anything. It's not always accurate, but it's close.
      Good tips.