Schadenfreude - what is the most you have cost an opponent in gold?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ArchStrategos wrote:

Actually we're looking for advice, he has another massive stack in his new capital this time (including 10 Multi-Rocket Launchers) and was able to eliminate a barrage of 10 nukes from another player... What can we do besides abandon the game?

Related question, how many players are like this on the whole? It's by far the worst experience I've had so far in CoN3, not because I'm losing (very used to that) just from watching an incompetent (and mean) player buy the game..
      1. Unfortunately nothing besides golding him back... which is a tad bit impossible

2. Very very rare. Out of more than a hundred games I actively played I have only ever met 1 such player. Ofc other people may have different experiences.
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • ArchStrategos wrote:

I got to nuke a mid-game stack consisting of: 25 stealth bombers, 10+ max level ICBMs, 10 max level Multi-Rocket Launchers, 5 max level SAMS and 5 max level infantry in a capital city! (took 5 nukes at once to get through)

This is in a currently ongoing game (3398159) playing as Cameroon. The gold user (Kenya) is currently buying this game (and sending private insults to boot)... he immediately came back with a new capital + max level buildings in all cities, paid to reduce morale in my cities (now taken) and has been nuking every other player (all coalitions now working against him to no avail).

Actually we're looking for advice, he has another massive stack in his new capital this time (including 10 Multi-Rocket Launchers) and was able to eliminate a barrage of 10 nukes from another player... What can we do besides abandon the game?

Related question, how many players are like this on the whole? It's by far the worst experience I've had so far in CoN3, not because I'm losing (very used to that) just from watching an incompetent (and mean) player buy the game..

Such players are extremely rare - bot many would buy 200000 gold for one game.

What you can do is air assault in a lot of special forces and hope that they destroy his launchers. And upgrade your missiles.

And the most important thing - retreat to iceland and annex it lol

I have not encountered a gold spammer in any of my CoN games, but I was allied with one in CoW and it was fun
    • "What you can do is air assault in a lot of special forces and hope that they destroy his launchers. And upgrade your missiles."

He had stealth drones at day 1 and max anti-air stacks now.

This is the saltiest player I've ever encountered.. in private chat he's calling people poor losers for not spending gold while also saying he "follows the edicts of sun-tzu"

His username is SUNSZU, is it ok to shame gold users? Are there any units with 100+ range? We can't get past his Multirocket launchers
    • ArchStrategos wrote:

"What you can do is air assault in a lot of special forces and hope that they destroy his launchers. And upgrade your missiles."

He had stealth drones at day 1 and max anti-air stacks now.

This is the saltiest player I've ever encountered.. in private chat he's calling people poor losers for not spending gold while also saying he "follows the edicts of sun-tzu"

His username is SUNSZU, is it ok to shame gold users? Are there any units with 100+ range? We can't get past his Multirocket launchers
      Does he have mobile anti air? If yes it is probably a lost cause. Just try to make him spend a few thousand dollars and hold out the war as long as possible. No one would use stealth drones to scout out their own territory
    • I have a long shot that I meant to try in the last game that I was dealing with someone who had an impossible city. Does the city have a small suburb next to it? If so my theory is that you can send staggered nuclear missiles to that territory. If you are careful then the anti air should trigger on the first one and the remainder hit the territory. In order to work the suburb must be within 50 of the city itself. If it is; the splash damage from the nuclear strikes should kill him.

However, I have no idea what the decay rate of the damage is in splash damage scenarios... it may take 50 nukes to kill him.