Schadenfreude - what is the most you have cost an opponent in gold?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Schadenfreude - what is the most you have cost an opponent in gold?

Well if you can't take pleasure in someone else's misery then you are merely missing out on a lot of pleasure in my book. :D

On which point this is a great game. Whilst I enjoy strategy games in general, and have a slightly strange predilection for naval gunfire anyway, the aspect I like the most is watching people giving the devs money to get out of traps and tight situations which you can engineer.

For instance I had one muppet with an officer stack in the straights of Gibraltar, so arranged it such that he would run into a wolfpack once I attacked. No idea how much he spent keeping that fleet alive ( just) though seems he almost insta bought a level 3 naval base + 7 destroyers and 2 subs so I couldn't get to his cities. That must be £30 quid or so?

So what is the most you have cost an opponent?

And how stroppy did they get in the diplomatic chat?
    • A long time ago our 5 member coalition was close to winning when a person attacked with 1000s of infantory and hundreds of fighters.He also reduced the morale of all homeland and annexed cities of our coalitions to zero along with the provinces with airfields.Intel revealed he has no tdd so we fired icbm with some gold but before they could land he mobilized 5 level 6 SAM in each homeland city.
      One of us reported the account and support said there is no cheating however his account didnt exist after few days so either he was banned due to hacking or he stopped using that account.I also dont use that account nowadays.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

What is a quid in real money?
      Feel intimidated by our power and cluelessness of other cultures/currencies.

Now, for the question.

Currently I'm in a game of escalating gold tensions. My opponent must have spent 50 or so freedom monies on gold, and in turn I am contributing 20 dollars to @Germanico's pension. Some of my favorite traps have been shooting down transport planes and destroying lone infantry that my opponent has sent. (Although that ended badly for me one time when air superiority fighters overwhelmed me.)
    • Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Now, for the question.

Currently I'm in a game of escalating gold tensions. My opponent must have spent 50 or so freedom monies on gold, and in turn I am contributing 20 dollars to @Germanico's pension. Some of my favorite traps have been shooting down transport planes and destroying lone infantry that my opponent has sent. (Although that ended badly for me one time when air superiority fighters overwhelmed me.)
      No, and the only "cluelessness" is yours for failing to ascertain that was a joke. Carry on.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Feel intimidated by our power and cluelessness of other cultures/currencies.Now, for the question.

No, and the only "cluelessness" is yours for failing to ascertain that was a joke. Carry on.
      Ah, but my remark was a joke as well! Let's just laugh awkwardly then never mention this again!
    • Great thread! I had 18 destroyers and a naval officer appear in an hour from a port city I had damaged with my navy.

So he insta rebuilt the naval base and arms industry and the ships while my fleet was reloading. He presumably needed to buy all the components and electronics.

I sank 8 of his ships but yeah I ended up losing my navy and my interest in the war as I had was not up for that. Archived a day later.

Any ideas how much he spent?
    • Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Now, for the question.

Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Pafufu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Feel intimidated by our power and cluelessness of other cultures/currencies.Now, for the question.
      Ah, but my remark was a joke as well! Let's just laugh awkwardly then never mention this again!
      A quid is twenty shillings. Obviously. :)
    • I play off and on, And am a gold user sometimes myself :evil: (only solo runs, burn everyone).
      But when i was playing serious (no sleep mode) i fought someone in a random battle and somehow ticked him off. (i do not remember how)

This was end game time around day 40 i believe i had nukes and a fleet and was Australia. I love fighting giants, and this man conquered all of Asia and was steamrolling. Back when Destroyers started with missile slots and frigates had one at tier 3 i believe (so cruise missiles ftw) had about 50 missiles in stockpile and around 5 nukes. And a carrier with Strike craft. I wiped his fleet abusing the old aa mechanic (60 min cooldown versus the 10min one) overwhelming them with missiles. Then 2 more fleets. i never saw what was in them just blips on the radar. I surrounded bangkok and destroyed his port and his units there and sent in my army.

The city was down to 1 population and no buildings. i go to eat and come back. and their is a level 4 naval base and around 6 Cruisers that appeared at the Naval Base Firing Missiles. But no Frigates.
      I nuked them. Then nuked the naval base. But this time i saw it happen again. This man rebuilt his naval base and built a 2nd fleet and sent me hate mail galore. I was low on nukes so i send conventional missile spam instead since he had frigates this time as well. I would say 3 Cruisers 4 Frigates. I abused the aa mechanic to get around the frigates. However before i wiped this 2nd Ghost fleet i lost one of mine to nukes. I was still stunned when he did it again. and Not only did he make a 3rd fleet of Cruisers i had icbms coming at my cities all from one spot. Did i mention that all the missiles he fired at my fleets where nukes before and i shot them down. It was all of Australia each city so 6 or 7 ICBM's. I was shocked and fired last of the missiles i could since my limit was being reached and retreated. I believed anyone who spends that much gold deserves a win.

Grand Stats
      Level 4 Naval Base x 3
      6 Cruiser + 3 Cruisers + 3 Cruisers
      0 Frigate + 4 Frigates + 4 Frigates
      6 ICBMLs Ill say he had 2 already so 4 ICBML's
      ICBM's cost 3 nukes at this time.
      18 nukes in ICBMS around, For each cruiser a missile was fired. so... 12 Cruise missile Nukes.
      30 Nukes in total.

Without Minerals and just based on Speed ups
      9 Cruisers = 19,238 goldmarks (30 hours of speed ups each)
      8 Frigates = 15,200 (24 Hours of Speed ups Each)
      ICMB Launchers 4 = 7,600 (24 hours)
      Nukes differed at the time you would get one each build... So 30 Nukes in goldmark time (I cant remember the time to build cost so ill say 12 hours as doing the current 20 hours is insane for 1 nuke)
      Nukes 30 = 28,500
      Grand ESTIMATE In SPeed Ups = 70,538 Gold or $20 in Speed ups alone. If you include Materials it could go up to a $100.00 depending on the unit tech level and his current stock of resources.

This one made me feel bad when it happened but writing and calculating it made me realize it was not as bad as i initially thought at the time. Thought he went a lot deeper in his purse.

But this was 2 years ago i believe i dont even know if the gold cost is the same, nevertheless it was a gold rage moment i'll remember forever.
    • I don't know how much I cost him, but he is planning to beat the whole Rising Tides map, and he rage spends like crazy. From what I can tell from other players, this par for the course from him.

Right now, by himself, he is lapping his coalition members in VP.

He has been lapping the next biggest coalition, was currently mine, for the whole game.

By day 14, along with Stealth Strike, Strike Naval Strike, Tank Destroyer, Officers, Nuclear Missiles (both cruise and ballistic), and all possible ships plus at least ballistic missile sub, these are just what I have SEEN, he has maxxed out Motorized Artillery and Mobile Anti-Air. What? Arty and AA? Not one of the big balls Artys? Not SAM?

On day 16, He NUKED a strategically unimportant city. You know, instead of one of our cities that can build stuff.

Also on 16, his airstrip across the river from the Egypt Victory Spot was damaged only 20%. He fixed it with gold - normal right? Then he built another next to it and used gold to get it done quick.

And he still didn't take the victory spot in the 12 hours since, even though he is doing enough espionage and Stealth flights to know exactly what is there. He has enough military there to have taken it in the time it took his units to march from the sea.

Then he gloated about, something?

I thought I was going to wake up to at least Libya taken.

And he was bummed because no one banters with him or plays enough team work with him.

In conclusion, Devs, thank you for making a game good enough that this happened. It is almost better than the game.

I am nope-ing out of any game I see him in from here on out
      This signature intentionally left blank
    • I was playing on a World War 3 4x Speed map as Saudi Arabia, when I decided to send a few motorized infantry down to Yemen. Within the first few minutes of me having crossed the border, a maxed out combat outpost appeared in every single province. The guy had also maxed out all of his buildings, and proceeded to send waves of airborne and helicopters at me. When I came back online, I had no provinces left at all. Keep in mind, this was on day one.
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein
    • Confused because in ww3 yemen is not playable. My worst encounter was in a game as Mali, and UK claims he spends no gold, also him on day 15 has 3 maxed air bases, all arms 5, 2 maxed naval bases, 3 maxed army bases, and recruiting office 3 everywhere, solo win day 30. I also ran into one in Blood and Oil, it was crazy. He took Tunis, and immediatly boosts morale to 100% while all provinces around are 25%, annexes, builds air base 5, army base 3, naval base 3, recruiting office 3, arms industry 1, military hospital 1.
      - "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen."
    • I got to nuke a mid-game stack consisting of: 25 stealth bombers, 10+ max level ICBMs, 10 max level Multi-Rocket Launchers, 5 max level SAMS and 5 max level infantry in a capital city! (took 5 nukes at once to get through)

This is in a currently ongoing game (3398159) playing as Cameroon. The gold user (Kenya) is currently buying this game (and sending private insults to boot)... he immediately came back with a new capital + max level buildings in all cities, paid to reduce morale in my cities (now taken) and has been nuking every other player (all coalitions now working against him to no avail).

Actually we're looking for advice, he has another massive stack in his new capital this time (including 10 Multi-Rocket Launchers) and was able to eliminate a barrage of 10 nukes from another player... What can we do besides abandon the game?

Related question, how many players are like this on the whole? It's by far the worst experience I've had so far in CoN3, not because I'm losing (very used to that) just from watching an incompetent (and mean) player buy the game..

The post was edited 1 time, last by ArchStrategos ().