Nukes and Morale

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 737373elj wrote:

Err I think you need to check over a period of 24 hours, it doesn't go down immediately.
      I don't think I need to explain how he got the nukes so quickly?
      Oh, yeah, he spend some serious cash, which is fine. Players like him are what keep the game free for everyone else. It sucks when you come across one, but such is life.

Anyway, his capitol's morale is "down" to 96%. Not exactly the kind of impact I was expecting from such an extreme amount of WMD usage.
    • WMD's reduce the target morale of a nation - meaning it will slowly but inevitably drop down towards this new level.
      At the same time measures to increase national morale will increase the target again - like a seesaw in a way.

Hope that explains it
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • 737373elj wrote:

Err I think you need to check over a period of 24 hours, it doesn't go down immediately.
      I don't think I need to explain how he got the nukes so quickly?
      Well, it's been around 48 hours and the other person's morale in their capitol never went below 96%. Outlying homeland cities never went below 64%. Given that they were at 70% to begin with ... i'm not at all impressed. In my opinion, the morale hit is completely inconsequential and can be disregarded in terms of nuking opponents.

Of course, moneybags could have spent to raise morale, but this player isn't skilled enough to even know the impacts of morale so I highly doubt that.
    • I experienced one major drop from civilian casualty and witness another player done it.

I believe the civilian casualty moral debuff is directly depends on how many population you destroy. I experience around -30 moral when I leave my main fleet shooting dense rebel's City area overnight in x4 and witness some random dude commiting similar action and make his whole Homeland to rebel.

From what I experiencing so far this might need some adjusting. The debuff go up very low relative to pop destroy. And it might be good if the value consider to be double if using chemical weapons and triple if using nuke.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD