Western Doctrine Heavy bomber

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Western Doctrine Heavy bomber

So i am scrolling through the reasearch and think about maybe getting a stealth bomber so i look at what i need to get it and i see the B-52 Stratofortress and i knew that was used in the viatnam war so i do some reasearching and these are some details

B-52 Stratofortress:
      Speed: 644.42
      Wingspan: 185ft
      how many produced: 744
      Used between: 1952-1962

so yeah about 60 years ago this was in service but this brings me to the point
      why is a 60 year old plane that was retired in 1962 in a WW3 game?

so i looked at the first heavy bomber that you can reasearch well here is what i found out about this

B-47 Stratojet:
      Speed: 607.02
      Wingspan: 116
      how many produced: 2,032
      Retired: 1969

again another plane from this time around 50 years ago in a WW3 game but why?

I did way more reasearch and found a lot of things in this game were built around then and again WW3 game so why are these units being used

my suggestion is to put more modern bombers in the game instead of back then bombers this is a WW3 game after all so...
    • titankiller11 wrote:

So i am scrolling through the reasearch and think about maybe getting a stealth bomber so i look at what i need to get it and i see the B-52 Stratofortress and i knew that was used in the viatnam war so i do some reasearching and these are some details

B-52 Stratofortress:

so i looked at the first heavy bomber that you can reasearch well here is what i found out about this

B-47 Stratojet:

I did way more reasearch and found a lot of things in this game were built around then and again WW3 game so why are these units being used

my suggestion is to put more modern bombers in the game instead of back then bombers this is a WW3 game after all so...
      The B52, in some form, will remain flying until possibly 2050. Perhaps that version was retired.
    • Pafufu wrote:

titankiller11 wrote:

B-52 Stratofortress:

B-47 Stratojet:

The B52, in some form, will remain flying until possibly 2050. Perhaps that version was retired.
      lets say it was why not put in one that is not retired
    • These units are used because if you check the tech - it actually ranges from the late 60s/70s to today.
      Yes, it's hard to believe for anyone born before 2000, but you would nearly never have been born: just google "Cuba Crisis" for a nice WW3 setting.
      Also there was something called the Cold War, where everyone was pointing nukes at each other and Germany was divided - again: WW3 in the making, but not "now".

Hope that explains that WW3 is not only something ultra-modern.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Take it as part of the game - some nations still retain a lot of 60s / 70s style military (tanks, aircraft and also infantry unit equipment). Others have moved on and advanced...
      Some of the current modern wars are stark reminders of this, with newest generation fighter aircraft totally controlling the sky over Iraq for example, while only a few hundred miles away old-school aircraft are used to pummel insurgents. All part of the 21st century.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf