Victory Stealing (unfair practice)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Victory Stealing (unfair practice)

Watch out for a new coalition temamate tactic. They will build masses of infantry(and strikers). As the game progresses they will gradually leave an infantry on many teammate cities. Then they will do a final push - putting them everywhere they can as they leave the coalition.

Had a ratbag guy jump about 800 points in 1 day using this tactic - stealing his teammates cities and leaving the coalition just before the clock struck 00:00. This guy had done almost no heavy lifting in terms of fighting the other team.

Watch out for this dreadful tactic! Super easy way to milk a solo win.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HulkHogann ().

• Ok I ran into trash this again. Definitely no chivalry there.

I was ready for him this time. I had spammed a huge amount of national guard and placed them on his cities.

Even so he tried the exact same trick. However he was careful to not try to cap my cities - he only capped coalition teammate cities.

Luckily I was online and was able to declare war on him in the minute before the game would have ended.

I had made sams and lots of airsup as well which were able to destroy his strikers easy enough.

He had a stack of 10 maxed railguns on his capital so I could not take that, but at least the rest of the team was quickly able to help take him down. With no strikers he really had not much else going on - death of a one trick pony. Great fun!!
    • I'm just wondering what kind of nincompoop Coalition leader sees 1 coalition member putting troops in a bunch of other coalition members cities and doesn't raise Holy Hell about it before it could even get to the point of stealing a victory.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Interested to remove the ability to leave coalition? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I remember when you can't. Australia want to betrayed me and take all my land. He brings all unit to station at my city to know that there was no option.

"How to leave coalition" he asked in msg and that is damn hilarious.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • MrBookShelf wrote:

Interested to remove the ability to leave coalition? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I remember when you can't. Australia want to betrayed me and take all my land. He brings all unit to station at my city to know that there was no option.

"How to leave coalition" he asked in msg and that is damn hilarious

I can conclude two things
      1. you were very lucky
      2. That guy was so stupid that he messaged the very same guy he was about to attack
    • Dealer of Death

General
      Likes Received326Points3,894Posts506GenderMaleLocationPennsylvania USA
      Yesterday, 7:16am+1
      I'm just wondering what kind of nincompoop Coalition leader sees 1 coalition member putting troops in a bunch of other coalition members cities and doesn't raise Holy Hell about it before it could even get to the point of stealing a victory.
      Dealer of Death likes this.

I want to know what kind of nincompoop likes their owns posts oO

Anyway its nothing to do with being a nincompoop... they do it gradually, leaving troops on/near cities far from the frontline, almost as if forgotten about.
      Unless you have an absolute ton of infantry sitting on his cities and can be online to declare war on him in the 1 minute during which he leaves and declares war on your team before the game clock ends you will be in trouble, no use ranting in chat he will just ignore.

It's not that easy to counter - especially if you have not seen it before.
    • HulkHogann wrote:

Dealer of Death

Not a nincompoop, but a lazy person going too fast. That like was meant for Mr. Bookshelf's post below it, but I'm not going to change it now out of honesty, I will simply like a post of Mr. Bs I don't actually like, to pay him what I owe.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• HulkHogann wrote:

Dealer of Death

General
      Likes Received326Points3,894Posts506GenderMaleLocationPennsylvania USA
      Yesterday, 7:16am+1
      I'm just wondering what kind of nincompoop Coalition leader sees 1 coalition member putting troops in a bunch of other coalition members cities and doesn't raise Holy Hell about it before it could even get to the point of stealing a victory.
      Dealer of Death likes this.

Anyway its nothing to do with being a nincompoop... they do it gradually, leaving troops on/near cities far from the frontline, almost as if forgotten about.
      Unless you have an absolute ton of infantry sitting on his cities and can be online to declare war on him in the 1 minute during which he leaves and declares war on your team before the game clock ends you will be in trouble, no use ranting in chat he will just ignore.

It's not that easy to counter - especially if you have not seen it before.
      Seriously?
      As a coalition leader, I would question that as soon as I started seeing more than 1 city /area left that way, and raising holy hell about it. If he didn't respond, I'd start kicking him and tell him to respond and move them or he's out - long before it could be a problem.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• I agree with DoD on this one, but I am a player who continually scouts the map looking for inconsistencies on front lines; letting alliance members know via discord or alliance char that something is happening that requires attention. Either an opportunity to strike or possible invasion. This requires observing your own troops, your allies troops, reading the CON news updates etc. And if I saw another ally building troop levels away from the front lines on his own territory; let alone others I'd call him out in alliance chat and see what they say.

Silence is guilt. If you have troops trained send them to the front. Help the team win. In these cases where this guy has enough infantry to take 800 VP in a matter of a day or two; if they had used these troops to bolster the others then a coalition victory would be much easier. So he's being a selfish ass in more ways than one.
      • Dealer of Death Not a nincompoop, but a lazy person going too fast. That like was meant for Mr. Bookshelf's post below it, but I'm not going to change it now out of honesty, I will simply like a post of Mr. Bs I don't actually like, to pay him what I owe."Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoDMicahWill likes this.

• Dealer of Death Seriously?
        As a coalition leader, I would question that as soon as I started seeing more than 1 city /area left that way, and raising holy hell about it. If he didn't respond, I'd start kicking him and tell him to respond and move them or he's out - long before it could be a problem."Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
      So.......Dealer of Death
      1/You describe yourself as a lazy person.
      2/Then you say you you would raise "Holy Hell" as soon at you saw more than 1 city with an infantry near it. That means you are constantly scanning all friendly cities every day for this sort of thing.
      Does not sound like the actions of a "lazy person" to me. Something does not add up here, does not seem like you are being honest - which somewhat predictably - you describe yourself as..... sigh

Dealer of Death you really are a confused boy arent you? A real knot of contradictions(and thats being polite).

This post was simply intended to help people avoid getting tricked like me and my team was.

It is not a place to kick the victim, call people nincompoops, or even to puff out your chest and say how awesome and truly leet uber Chuck Norris you are.
    • HulkHogann wrote:

• Dealer of Death Not a nincompoop, but a lazy person going too fast. That like was meant for Mr. Bookshelf's post below it, but I'm not going to change it now out of honesty, I will simply like a post of Mr. Bs I don't actually like, to pay him what I owe."Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoDMicahWill likes this.
      [*]Dealer of Death Seriously?

As a coalition leader, I would question that as soon as I started seeing more than 1 city /area left that way, and raising holy hell about it. If he didn't respond, I'd start kicking him and tell him to respond and move them or he's out - long before it could be a problem."Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoDSo.......Dealer of Death
      2/Then you say you you would raise "Holy Hell" as soon at you saw more than 1 city with an infantry near it. That means you are constantly scanning all friendly cities every day for this sort of thing.
      Does not sound like the actions of a "lazy person" to me. Something does not add up here, does not seem like you are being honest - which somewhat predictably - you describe yourself as..... sigh

Dealer of Death you really are a confused boy arent you? A real knot of contradictions(and thats being polite).

This post was simply intended to help people avoid getting tricked like me and my team was.

It is not a place to kick the victim, call people nincompoops, or even to puff out your chest and say how awesome and truly leet uber Chuck Norris you are.
      Wow, you got problems boy, least of which is your gameplay. I'll spell it out for you, since you are so easily confused: I'm a lazy typist, and with the keyboard, and careless on the forums since I don;t have anything invested in it. I guess you were the coalition leader if you were thinking I called you a nincompoop. Maybe do a better job next time.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

HulkHogann wrote:

Dealer of Death Seriously?

As a coalition leader, I would question that as soon as I started seeing more than 1 city /area left that way, and raising holy hell about it. If he didn't respond, I'd start kicking him and tell him to respond and move them or he's out - long before it could be a problem."Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoDSo.......Dealer of Death

Wow, you got problems boy, least of which is your gameplay. I'll spell it out for you, since you are so easily confused: I'm a lazy typist, and with the keyboard, and careless on the forums since I don;t have anything invested in it. I guess you were the coalition leader if you were thinking I called you a nincompoop. Maybe do a better job next time.
      Oh your a "Lazy Person" but that only applies to forums..... yet everywhere else your a super dilligent eagle eyed Rambo all rolled into one. oh and honest too......

So if you have nothing invested in the forums why spend so much time throwing the N word around?
    • Peace.

Have you never encountered someone that described himself as "messy", and his room was cleaner than a heart surgery sterile room ?

We all have our nevrosis, and there is no real contradiction between the self assessment of lazyness, and lazyness in regard to a social standard.

We also have our peculiarities, with some things being unbearable for us, while others are fine.

I play with very high activity, but i give up on my games once i've won them. Contradiction in terms of commitment ? Supposedly, i'm dishonest, or a liar.

Or, more simply, i'm a human with a set of acquired tastes that are a bit harder to explain than sophistics axioms.

TLDR : Let's all chill, in recognition of how vain this dispute is.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.