"I'm not using gold" button (not ranting)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "I'm not using gold" button (not ranting)

So someone in my game believed that I were using gold.
      So as a nice dude I try to convince him that i didn't use any gold.
      But I have no proof you stand my ground. So I try contact staff to prove my innocent (via bug ticket)
      to see if I can get any help and I got the replied sum up as "not in the service we provide"
      I understand that you wouldn't want to go around solving every gold misunderstanding issue
      so I propose the "I'm not using gold" button

What does the button do ?
      - the button should locate in the in-game message box
      - the button will send the in-game message to player with special water mark to prove that it not fake msg (need to confirm would be good)
      if you had not use any gold it will send automatic message that I had not use any gold.
      if you had use gold below 1000 gold. it will send automatic message that I had use a very limited gold and not effect the game in any noticeable way.
      if you had use gold more than 1000 gold. you can not use this function.

This button could and would eliminate general misunderstanding (i.e. possible less gold ranting) by providing way the player can prove themselves innocent.

Why won't I just report the player that accused me?
      Because he didn't break any rule (publicly denounce gold user)
      and I simply want to disprove him and I can't.

Hope you consider this feature.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Out of experience, i can tell you that if someone is so salty and deep into his insanity that he definitely can't make the difference between gold and skill, nothing will put it out of his mind.

Even if we had this feature... and that when you clicked on it, you had

- an official legal seal that the logs are coming from the server,
      - the logs verified by a bound-by-oath jury,
      - the information validated by 3 different Team Leaders,
      - the executive document signed by Germanico himself with the blood of his firstborn
      - the UN validating that the verifications have been made in accordance with international legislations under UN-mandated oversight
      - The Pope and the 16 patriarches accepting to unite their 1000-years fractured faith to present the logs as "highly holy"

all the while the screen showed to him a vidéo with Kermit chanting a choir about how you didn't gold at all, with the outro being "I'm the Commander Sheperd, and this user is the most gold-clean of the Citadel", his reaction would probably be along the line of

"Meh, proves nothing. You golded"

You have your conscience for yourself, as i know myself that you aren't (yet :p ) one of our customers. I also spent an eye on your opponent, and the only thing i can say is... he already gave us troubles, mute him, and ignore him. He isn't worth a single minute of your time, or dedication to educate him.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I looked to see if there was something direct i could do. Nothing sadly. But i would advise to mute him nonetheless.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Out of experience, i can tell you that if someone is so salty and deep into his insanity that he definitely can't make the difference between gold and skill, nothing will put it out of his mind.

Even if we had this feature... and that when you clicked on it, you had

- an official legal seal that the logs are coming from the server,
      - the logs verified by a bound-by-oath jury,
      - the information validated by 3 different Team Leaders,
      - the executive document signed by Germanico himself with the blood of his firstborn
      - the UN validating that the verifications have been made in accordance with international legislations under UN-mandated oversight
      - The Pope and the 16 patriarches accepting to unite their 1000-years fractured faith to present the logs as "highly holy"

all the while the screen showed to him a vidéo with Kermit chanting a choir about how you didn't gold at all, with the outro being "I'm the Commander Sheperd, and this user is the most gold-clean of the Citadel", his reaction would probably be along the line of

"Meh, proves nothing. You golded"

You have your conscience for yourself, as i know myself that you aren't (yet :P ) one of our customers. I also spent an eye on your opponent, and the only thing i can say is... he already gave us troubles, mute him, and ignore him. He isn't worth a single minute of your time, or dedication to educate him.
      Exactly.

I know I'm late to this thread, but Opulon is right. The only thing you can do in this situation is to ignore or mute them.

I would also like to congratulate you on such eloquent writing on the forum of a video game. I might screen shot this to show how you can't really argue with hardcore conspiracy theorists.