Eastern Doctrine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Eastern Doctrine

Eastern just does not match up to Europe or Western doctrine.

Main battle tanks and special forces are both marginal units.

Maybe Eastern can have better bombers, Tu160 can go Mach 2 irl how about a speed buff to 16?

Or maybe put the tos-1 heavy flamethrower in there, would mainly damage infantry but could ignore entrenchment.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HulkHogann ().

• Notable eastern buffs
      - SAMS
      - SAMS
      - oh did i mention SAMS?

Less notable buffs but they still exist
      - Also eastern has better gunships which is nice to have in pub matches i guess
      - Better towed artillery which is good for early game pushes
      - Regular motorized infantry research is earlier so for those people that like to rush lv 6 infantry i guess it helps

Also specops aren't marginal units they can provide good recon and have a variety of uses :)

I'm sure the Tu160 can fly fast but so can a lot of other planes are they are all capped at their respective speeds. Heavy bombers are also a mehhh unit so i doubt it will do much.
      Special forces already mainly damage infantry AND ignore entrenchment (and have stealth).
    • 737373elj wrote:

I point you to Bulgaria632ad's policy of only Eastern counties and their 94% win rate
      Uhhh what 94%. afaik Bulgaria632 is just another one of those alliance that likes to farm off no name alliances and back away from elite challenges. I remembering they were challenged to an elite challenge and telerik ran away saying that they were too weak for it or something.

Maybe they got the supposed winrate in pubs? I dunno you can basically get away with anything in non elite challenge games.
    • HulkHogann wrote:

SAMs/aa are not as good since the recent update.

You are completely ignoring the buffs the other doctrines get. eg Western with airsup and mechanised for euro.

No way are they balanced any elite challenge leader will try get euro doctrine nations.
      AA is still good
      I never said that eastern was the best doctrine :P I just pointed out a few buffs it had that you didn't mention

Yea the euro doctrine is prob the best for elite challenges with it's buff to mobile arty. Idk if it's buff to mechanized does much tbh
    • @yazdfvdv
      There mere fact that Euro strikers have +20% HP nullifies the +20% damage vs planes that eastern sams get. Missiles are not even affected.

Early game there aint much armour so the towed buff is barely worth a mention.

The mech buff means you can run mech inf as a tank AND infantry killer- they are actually pretty lethal in a stack. You then devote more research into air or naval units.

Better gunships? Go read the sheet man dont post fake news.

@"737373elj
      I point you to Bulgaria632ad's policy of only Eastern counties and their 94% win rate"

..........seriously fella I suggest you go and read up on the doctrine comparison sheet before trying to comment.

@MrBookShelf
      "Propaganda
      +100% effectiveness to national guard"
      Now your talking!

• HulkHogann wrote:

@yazdfvdv
      There mere fact that Euro strikers have +20% HP nullifies the +20% damage vs planes that eastern sams get. Missiles are not even affected.

Early game there aint much armour so the towed buff is barely worth a mention.

The mech buff means you can run mech inf as a tank AND infantry killer- they are actually pretty lethal in a stack. You then devote more research into air or naval units.

Better gunships? Go read the sheet man dont post fake news.

@"737373elj
      I point you to Bulgaria632ad's policy of only Eastern counties and their 94% win rate"

..........seriously fella I suggest you go and read up on the doctrine comparison sheet before trying to comment.

@MrBookShelf
      "Propaganda
      +100% effectiveness to national guard"
      Now your talking!
      Strikes are practically worthless lmao their buff means almost nothing. SAMS will absolutely wall it off in contrast to the relative freedom helis have when there is no lv4 awac to spot them.
      Early game players start with crv. Crv is armored.
      Mech buff doesn't mean much same with strikes they are simply not meta right now. Artillery + aa is ground combat simplified. There is basically nothing mechanized infantry or any other land unit can do to artillery since they will shoot it and run away.

Eastern has better gunships with more damage and more hp compared to other doctrines. The research is also pushed a few days in advance which helps in public matches. I suggest you read the sheet and dont post fake news and make sure your accusations are correct before you post them.
    • "Strikes are practically worthless" LMAO ok if you say so oh great guru. strikes are worthless.... ahem ... cough id 10 T ...error

"Early game players start with crv. Crv is armored." 1 CRV, 2 if your lucky. Sigh - this is getting so tedious.

"Artillery + aa is ground combat simplified." - Yes and Euro has better mobile arty - a far more dangerous mid to late game unit than towed.

"There is basically nothing mechanized infantry or any other land unit can do to artillery since they will shoot it and run away." Another mind numbing statement - this applies to ANY non ranged unit. Another mealy mouthed statement.

"Eastern has better gunships with more damage and more hp compared to other doctrines." HP yes damage no. Kindly put a SCREENSHOT TO SHOW THIS DAMAGE DIFFERENCE.

• eastern is not that bad. SAMs are quite importatnt while strikers tend to be bad against a skilled opponent.

On a flashpoint with 90% newbies Strikers are great, but they are to fragile in combat against worthy foes.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • Fereyd wrote:

eastern is not that bad. SAMs are quite importatnt while strikers tend to be bad against a skilled opponent.

On a flashpoint with 90% newbies Strikers are great, but they are to fragile in combat against worthy foes.
      Can you explain this statement about strikers?

Because I don't see it that way.
      Strikers are omnipotent and you can bomb area damaging every unit in several stacks.

They are fast so you can use them to destroy enemy cities because nobody can defend all cities perfectly with aa. Even if your enemy spam a lot of sam's enough for every city you can still use tricks with drones to avoid range area sam attacks.

And the best part is you can damage his sam/aa and heal while he can't heal as quickly as you because he can't have high lvl hospital in every city. At least in early/mid game.

Also you can spam more strikes than sam's because of building requirements meaning you can dedicate 2 or 3 cities for strike production while probably you will use 2 cities at most for sam production (usually 1 city) . Reason is higher building requirement and the need for other ground troops. At least 1 more city will produce strikes than sam's.

Eastern need some love that is the fact.
    • - spamming them is pretty much the most predictable and worst move you can do
      - SAMS deal with SF more than easily, at best you might be able to dodge their offensive tick but you will still take at least pointdefense dmg, on top of that groundunits can get entrenchment bonus, aircraft dont
      - SF get fucked by pretty much all AA, on top of that ASF also do exist
      - units > cities

tldr: there are more than enough ways to dismantle a strat as shallow as "spamming sf"; there's a reason it's pretty much a noobtrap (like tanks)

regarding the topic: I dont think eastern is in a bad spot, they have some nice buffs and thats it
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Yes I do love killing those juicy stack of SF slot. I would even call myself expert at this role. lol

I spy you for your active time.
      I use big ass radar tracking ya unit movement
      When you away, I park AA next to ya patroling aircraft.
      When you smart not do that. I send in army of stealthy boi. 10 of lv2 SAS have 160 soft damage and one tab ya parking aircraft.
      When you active and go after me and my friend unit. I wait for ya refuel and one tab them with stealth bomber.

lol I can go on. I know you going to set up counter unit but intelligent always keys. I just do what you don't have counter for. At that point you will be paranoid and waste resources and unit sitting around.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD