GENERAL UPDATE (200813)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GENERAL UPDATE (200813)

+ + + + + + + +
      Dear Players,

Todays release brings very welcome changes & refinements to both platforms which host Conflict of Nations;Early Access and Desktop. A tweak to the computer controlled nations has been infused into the game, whereby Insurgents will tend to avoid cities and move less frequently and AI Nations will be more conservative when making movement decisions.

In the balancing department we’ve toned down the Railgun stats, in part to make anti-air units a viable option again. The Tank Commander on the other hand received a boost in speed, no longer the slowest unit in the stack.
      Naturally, these changes will affect both platforms, and Railgun / AI balancing changes will feature in new games starting now.

+ + + DESKTOP + + +
      Balancing:
      • Regular insurgents and computer-controlled nations
        • Reduced aggression
      • Tank Commander
        • Increased speed from 1/1/1.3/1.3/1.3/1.4/1.5 to 1.3/1.3/1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5
      • Elite Railgun
        • Removed Tundra/Desert terrain modifiers
        • Reduced damage vs missiles
          • Tier 2 from 5 to 4
          • Tier 3 from 11 to 9
        • Reduced damage vs Fixed Wing Aircraft
          • Tier 2 from 8 to 6.5
          • Tier 3 from 10 to 8.5
        • Reduced damage vs Rotary Wing Aircraft
          • Tier 2 from 7 to 5.5
          • Tier 3 from 9 to 7

Fixes:

• Fixed issue where heal button is transparent for ships
      • Fixed incorrect radar signature for Level 7 Strike Fighter (changed from high to low)
      • Fixed duplicate icon for corruption spy description
      + + + MOBILE + + +
      Changes:
      • Updated special offer icon
      • Disabled Alliance tab as it is still work in progress
      • Refined tooltips to fit CoN theme
      Fixes:
      • Updated missing game thumbnails
      • Fixed missing info panel for airunits
      • Fixed issue where the carrier did not notify players that capacity has been reached
      • Fixed Wiki button, now fully functional
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yak ().

• Gen. Grievous wrote:

When will you be spawning more Overkill maps? Can you guys make a thread announcing when special maps will spawn a couple days in advance?
      Current rotation is:
      - BLOOD AND OIL 4x
      - APOCALYSE 4X
      - RISING TIDES
      - MIDDLE EAST CRISIS

I don't have a set time or date for Overkill maps but I'll forward your request. Your suggestion is noted for future event announcements
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• I would've loved if in turn for taking the posivitve modifiers for tundra/desert away from the railguns, they would also get slightly smaller penalties on mountain/forest/jungle cuz -50% on atk/def on 3 different terrain types is just kinda insane
      especially if you consider how much terrain is forest/mountain
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • ThePanda wrote:

ewinner wrote:

Levels 4, 5, and 6 should all be Low for radar signature for the Fixed Wing Officer. Not sure why this has not happened yet or what is taking so long to do, when you just updated the Strike fighters.
      Don't all Fixed Wing besides stealth gain LOW signature on their last tier? Fixed Wing even has no signature at all.
      According to the Game info, The radar signature for the Fixed Wing OFFICER is high until Lvl 7 when it is stealth. It needs to be lowered to Low at level 4 through 6 until lvl 7 when it drops to stealth. This would bring it alignment with it's lvl 7 Air Superiority and Strike Fighters at tier 3. Also Player rank needs to be level 91 just to get Fixed Wing OFFICER to lvl 7.

@Germanico How about you actually do something about this rather than like something that didn't address the issue at all. I'm really starting to wonder what they pay you to do besides piss off clients.
      CON Gamertag: ewinner
    • @Germanico I bet you didn't even look into the issue at all yet. What kind of "Developer" are you? Do you even do technical anything? Almost all of my interactions with you have been poor and show a lack of client respect, and it really makes me wonder if you actually care about anything besides being an authority figure on this site and the game.

Yes, I'm pissed. Because I have brought this issue up multiple times since the radar signature change and nothing has been done about it, nor has any indication been given that it was looked into. Communication from yall sucks.
    • I'll make it even more plain for you.
      At tier 2 (lvl 4) Tank Commander gets the Air Transport feature. This feature is not available for Tanks until lvl7 (Tier 3).
      This allows for easy mobilization and usage with like units.

Using a High Radar officer with low radar air makes them all visible at high in effect. It is stupid and a very easy fix.

If you need proof of what I am saying simply open your research tree and look.
    • ewinner wrote:

ThePanda wrote:

ewinner wrote:

Levels 4, 5, and 6 should all be Low for radar signature for the Fixed Wing Officer. Not sure why this has not happened yet or what is taking so long to do, when you just updated the Strike fighters.
      Don't all Fixed Wing besides stealth gain LOW signature on their last tier? Fixed Wing even has no signature at all.
      According to the Game info, The radar signature for the Fixed Wing OFFICER is high until Lvl 7 when it is stealth. It needs to be lowered to Low at level 4 through 6 until lvl 7 when it drops to stealth. This would bring it alignment with it's lvl 7 Air Superiority and Strike Fighters at tier 3. Also Player rank needs to be level 91 just to get Fixed Wing OFFICER to lvl 7.
      Gotcha, so you mean it takes too long to grind up to that perk. Fair enough
    • Oh we looked at it all right. But decided not to change it.
      Also please don't forget that the Tank Commander serves as the goto for all armored vehicles - including units which can be airlifted and even air-mobiled around at a much earlier stage... just saying.
      No idea why you have the feeling that I am coming down on you like the flying fist of buddha, but insulting folks usually doesn't get them to do what you want, just because you believe you're entitled to. Just saying...

Peace,

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf