Aircraft trapped in city!? Please help

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aircraft trapped in city!? Please help

I have striker fighters and helicopters refilling at an airport owned by a player who has Right of Way with me.
      This same city now has ground troops of an enemy I am fighting. He also has a Right of Way same country as me.

When my units go to refill after a strike. They get trapped in the city. The icon remains plane and helicopter. Not the transport trucks. But they only have a 0.45 attack! I tell them to patrol somewhere and they won't take off. They just stay trapped on the ground getting slowly killed. Is this a glitch? Or is the game actually designed this way? Please help
    • This doesn't make any sense. I can see allowing the ground units to get an attack on the air units. But not let them take off? Worse, the air units are doing 0.45 damage, but the ground units are doing damage as if they were attacking other ground units. Not the 2 HP damage vs a helicopter but the 8 HP they do vs ground units.

This is a game play flaw in my opinion and would not reflect real life combat. Let the ground units get an attack in, but since they can't attack again for another hour the air units should be able to lift off. Why would the helicopter just sit there on the ground? It would take off. How has no one brought this issue up before? IIf there was no airport and the air units were trapped as transport trucks, that is also understandable. But this is not the case at all!
    • You would typically try your best to keep the fighting away from the airfields or move them to another behind the frontline asap to try and prevent it. But heli's not being able to take off :/

If your an attacking force and you know and enemy airfield is in the area would you not make it a priority target. Locking it down asap. (destroying fuel depots and ammo dumps).

As far as i can tell however, the state of aircraft when its in an airfield is as an infantry they take the stats of their ground version of themselves. This is what allows infantry, bombers, arty, and such to hit them when they are refueling or grounded.

I would suggest a scramble feature when they are attacked in that state, where they take off asap and patrol their airfield. You could force them into the skies for sams and fighters but at least they will be able to fight back.
    • Mike6133 wrote:

This doesn't make any sense. I can see allowing the ground units to get an attack on the air units. But not let them take off? Worse, the air units are doing 0.45 damage, but the ground units are doing damage as if they were attacking other ground units. Not the 2 HP damage vs a helicopter but the 8 HP they do vs ground units.

This is a game play flaw in my opinion and would not reflect real life combat. Let the ground units get an attack in, but since they can't attack again for another hour the air units should be able to lift off. Why would the helicopter just sit there on the ground? It would take off. How has no one brought this issue up before? IIf there was no airport and the air units were trapped as transport trucks, that is also understandable. But this is not the case at all!
      Well uhm... it doesnt really matter what you think of it, fact is that it works how it does and I seriously doubt it'll ever change
      just deal with it
      I am The Baseline for opinions