The state of artillery. Multiple Rocket Launcher dominating

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Perhaps there could be a building that essentially acts as a coastal battery unit. It could have a range of 150 and have naval radar to detect and destroy oncoming enemy ships. The higher level the building, the stronger it is against ships.

to prevent overuse, it could be built only along every other province (i.e. if province a is next to province b with a coastal battery, you cannot build a coastal battery on province b)
    • No, no, they will never create such a building and there is no need. Units are meant fot that kind of job not buildings.
      The only building that can have a purpose (anti ship) would be a building that gives a buff to ship damage and range of your units. Similar to bunker that gives you the entrenchment bonus for your units. Bonus only for land units, not air units.

And to buff the towed a little bit in range and ship damage in late game. Maybe to give towed no-radar visibility as they already are soft units.
    • ahuman wrote:

Perhaps there could be a building that essentially acts as a coastal battery unit. It could have a range of 150 and have naval radar to detect and destroy oncoming enemy ships. The higher level the building, the stronger it is against ships.

to prevent overuse, it could be built only along every other province (i.e. if province a is next to province b with a coastal battery, you cannot build a coastal battery on province b)
      i love that idea. but then i want guard tower for land units too...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Coastal defence batteries is pretty cool. They were kind of a big deal back in the day. Is it a modern day thing?

The mechanic of ships bombarding coastal cities is too simple and easy to abuse I reckon. I know I have done it numerous times.

Df 26 hypersonic is only land based as far as I know so could be a good option.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HulkHogann ().

• ahuman wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

but far better are mobile rocket launchers that can easily bypass ships in coastal regions and are harder to spot and to bomb like a fixed location...
      Yep, so an upside of using coastal defence guns is that they are extremely strong against ships.
      This would have the added benefit of providing an additional advantage to the aircraft carrier - coastal defenses keep the cruisers away, but only does minimal damage to jets (and maybe slightly more damage to helis).
    • DOA70 wrote:

ahuman wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

but far better are mobile rocket launchers that can easily bypass ships in coastal regions and are harder to spot and to bomb like a fixed location...
      Yep, so an upside of using coastal defence guns is that they are extremely strong against ships.
      This would have the added benefit of providing an additional advantage to the aircraft carrier - coastal defenses keep the cruisers away, but only does minimal damage to jets (and maybe slightly more damage to helis).
      Make it a unit with a 0.01 movement rate and a 75% movement penalty in all terrain but urban.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

ahuman wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Make it a unit with a 0.01 movement rate and a 75% movement penalty in all terrain but urban.
      What would it be useful for?
    • ahuman wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

DOA70 wrote:

ahuman wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

What would it be useful for?
      Bombarding ships as a deterrent - in effect your Coastal defense unit.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Great Post - most of it that centered on the topic at hand. I think one point that needs to made is the ability of the MRL to outrange the far superior rail gun. Its is the only thing that can hurt that beast once its level 2. I stand corrected on this one. I thought that was the case when it was first released but IDK if it was part of the changes to the RG. The AT matches its range at lower levels and the MA beats it. I especially like the highlighted early game vs late game strategies and stat comparison. Three points from me:
      a. To the elite chopper commentary - I'm a new player and can never have the elite chopper and many people don't spend the money for the membership so its no longer available to them.
      b. I think the terrain buffs are applied wrong to the artillery. The mountain buffer should affect range not damage IMO. After all the shell is still the same size, moving the same velocity - its not going to punch through much more steel because it was shot from a mountain top. And yes I know that it will have slightly higher velocity due to the potential energy increase from the elevation change, not significant IMO. However, the shell will travel much further due to the elevation.
      c. I love the idea of the coastal defense building

The post was edited 2 times, last by H0LMES ().