The state of artillery. Multiple Rocket Launcher dominating

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kalrakh wrote:

crazystoner wrote:

While MRL are good, clearly ICMB launchers are superiour.
      You can't tell me a 10stack of ICMB launchers can be defeated by anything!

Clearly, these MRL stacks would struggle against real missile launchers, cruise, ballastic but i mean the ICBM launcher is clearly the best artillery.

Even if you have defensive stacks, you can drop a missile nearby and wipe them out with the splash damage to avoid the point defense.
      Its not conflict of nations WW2, even WW2 had these launchers, well Germany did but only conventional warheads. We all know the Russians had MRL's in WW2.
      I was told, point defense triggers even in these cases (being in range of splash damage)
      Really ?

I did actually test it in a mock battle (after the end of a RP scenario), with a partner that had an incredible amount of anti-missile, both plate and mail armor.

While incredibly expensive and out of economical reach by anyone but the most commited customers of the game, i managed to "unmake" gradually each tie of anti-missile plate and mail armor, through splash damage.

If they changed that, i wouldn't really be mad, though :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

I was told, point defense triggers even in these cases (being in range of splash damage)
      Only the 10min timer Anti Air will trigger if i shoot a tile near a city and all your AA is in the city.
      So any second missile that lands in splash damage range in the next 10mins will deal full damage to everything in that city, well not the buildings, just the units.
    • crazystoner wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Only the 10min timer Anti Air will trigger if i shoot a tile near a city and all your AA is in the city.So any second missile that lands in splash damage range in the next 10mins will deal full damage to everything in that city, well not the buildings, just the units.
      Yes, it's the effet i encountered too, and that basically convinced me that if the game was, for X or Y reason, dragging so long as to allows a player to use ICBM in large numbers in this fashion, the best (least worst) approach was to actually try to rush in before it's too late, because no defense will be enough.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

50k1se.jpg

Sorry Kalrakh, I couldn't resist using this meme because of your phrasing "I was told"
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Opulon wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

crazystoner wrote:

While MRL are good, clearly ICMB launchers are superiour.
      You can't tell me a 10stack of ICMB launchers can be defeated by anything!

Clearly, these MRL stacks would struggle against real missile launchers, cruise, ballastic but i mean the ICBM launcher is clearly the best artillery.

Even if you have defensive stacks, you can drop a missile nearby and wipe them out with the splash damage to avoid the point defense.
      Its not conflict of nations WW2, even WW2 had these launchers, well Germany did but only conventional warheads. We all know the Russians had MRL's in WW2.
      Really ?
      I did actually test it in a mock battle (after the end of a RP scenario), with a partner that had an incredible amount of anti-missile, both plate and mail armor.

While incredibly expensive and out of economical reach by anyone but the most commited customers of the game, i managed to "unmake" gradually each tie of anti-missile plate and mail armor, through splash damage.

If they changed that, i wouldn't really be mad, though :D
      Fereyd told us, it should trigger point defense. The question is, does the game work as intended there?

Like is it working as intended, that AA can attack patrols but not defend against patrol attack? :D
    • I asked yak about the missile stuff and splash with icbm a while ago. Seems like point defense is only triggered by splash when you hit it/a unit (for instance asf) within like 5 range from it (like when you hit a unit it will still damage nearby ones) while a 50-75 splash from icbm should only trigger aa envelope as long as you splash it from some distance away.
    • afaik, Point def is triggered as long as the AA Unit would receive damage,
      This includes direct hits and Splash as well.

Maybe opulente might pull some strings to get a reliable answer...

Another way to get Information is Setting up a life Lab, we could Jump on a flashpoint and try it out...
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • My own experimentationS from a year ago were pretty simple :

Offensive AA triggers on impact if in range as "always" , but if it's reloading, splash damage works if the missile center of blast is away (like 5 px) from the unit.

In other words, "splash damage works if the bubble has been pierced beforehand"
    • Supremacy 1914 is world war 1, Call of war is ww2, and CoN is ww3.
      Here's a basic rundown.
      In S1914, anyone who gets a couple tanks and arty that works pretty much wins. The only airforce in the game is a hot air balloon with a handgun that does 1 damage.
      In CoW, airplanes have a tiny range, tanks are better, they got rid of cavalry. In addition, don't even think about units with radar...
      It's more like huge battleships, and a few scout ships, to hope you bump into something.
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • ewac123 wrote:

Supremacy 1914 is world war 1, Call of war is ww2, and CoN is ww3.
      Here's a basic rundown.
      In S1914, anyone who gets a couple tanks and arty that works pretty much wins. The only airforce in the game is a hot air balloon with a handgun that does 1 damage.
      In CoW, airplanes have a tiny range, tanks are better, they got rid of cavalry. In addition, don't even think about units with radar...
      It's more like huge battleships, and a few scout ships, to hope you bump into something.
      Did you really play S1914? Balloons are only for vision, they have small fighter air crafts and huge bombers.