The state of artillery. Multiple Rocket Launcher dominating

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I did play S1914. I just wanted to exagerate the differences :D :D :D
      The other thing is that bombers aren't used until like day 10ish
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Hmm, maybe got it mixed with S1.
      Haven't played it in a while, here's my takeaways.
      S1: faster paced.
      S1914: some super slow game which favors diplomacy(this is the opulon bot)
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • Gentlemen, please do not make everyone flee S1914 before they even tested it.

For CoW and CoN players, a game where "you get your first ship/artillery at day 12 if you're quick" is not very incentive :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Monsieur Opulon, I am sorry...
      In an effort to be err... more "inclusive", I joined another round of S1914.
      From what I can see, we ARE allowed to criticize S1(It has gas arty that is stronger than modern day chemical BMs!!!), at least according to Opulon...
      Just don't Criticize S1914... Half of Nelva is there...
      By the way, if S1914 is like "Risk in real time"(Opulon), is Call of War axis and allies in real time???
    • ewac123 wrote:

Supremacy 1914 is world war 1, Call of war is ww2, and CoN is ww3.
      Here's a basic rundown.
      In S1914, anyone who gets a couple tanks and arty that works pretty much wins. The only airforce in the game is a hot air balloon with a handgun that does 1 damage.
      In CoW, airplanes have a tiny range, tanks are better, they got rid of cavalry. In addition, don't even think about units with radar...
      It's more like huge battleships, and a few scout ships, to hope you bump into something.
      gotcha thanks. Sounds kinda interesting I want to try it now tho cuz im a huuuuuuge ww2 buff lol
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

players no building ariller and rushing /fighing onl wih infanttry? thats no ssupremacc problem.. hing is wih sup1914 ou ge inf basially for free once you have recruitment center
      Holy shit man, did you have a stroke???

-
      The five warning signs of stroke are:
      • Sudden onset of weakness or numbness on one side of the body.
      • Sudden speech difficulty or confusion.
      • Sudden difficulty seeing in one or both eyes.
      • Sudden onset of dizziness, trouble walking or loss of balance.
      • Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
      • If S1 is Risk (this said Risk is Napoleonic, but hey... same same but different)
      • and COW is Axis & Allies
      • ... then what are we with CON?
      Fortress America https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/99/fortress-america :D :whistling: 8o ;( ?????

Does anyone actually remember playing it? I do - back in the 80s a friend had it. It was horribly balanced - or we played it wrong. Who knows. But the US always won haha.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

• If S1 is Risk (this said Risk is Napoleonic, but hey... same same but different)
      Fortress America https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/99/fortress-america :D :whistling: 8o ;( ?????

Does anyone actually remember playing it? I do - back in the 80s a friend had it. It was horribly balanced - or we played it wrong. Who knows. But the US always won haha.

//G

Oh yeah, still have the game in fact. Used to play it on base when I was in the Army during the 1st Gulf War. Made like 6 copies of the rules so everyone could have a copy in front of them while playing. But we kept on going back to Axis & Allies until I broke it for everyone.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Germanico wrote:

//G

GERMANICO RETURNS!!!! YAY!
    • 737373elj wrote:

Legend says that when Germanico returns Season 6 is not far off
      Did he see his shadow, 'cause if he saw his shadow it's 6 more weeks of waiting.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

I was in the Army during the 1st Gulf War.
      That kinda changes everything... eh?
      That was in the 1990s...
      Well, now that we know that DoD is an army vet, we all understand and can excuse his occasional short temperedness.
      If he wasn't being sarcastic, of course.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

players no building ariller and rushing /fighing onl wih infanttry? thats no ssupremacc problem.. hing is wih sup1914 ou ge inf basially for free once you have recruitment center
      Holy shit man, did you have a stroke???
      -
      The five warning signs of stroke are:
      • Sudden onset of weakness or numbness on one side of the body.
      • Sudden speech difficulty or confusion.
      • Sudden difficulty seeing in one or both eyes.
      • Sudden onset of dizziness, trouble walking or loss of balance.
      • Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.

that happens when you type on mobil with big fat fingers like mine in a language tjat is not the one of your mobile
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

that happens when you type on mobil with big fat fingers like mine in a language tjat is not the one of your mobile
      Well it was kind of a joke, but D-U-D-E, I've never seen that many from you in 1 post before.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• This thread is old... I'm new to the forum.

I didn't read all 8 pages... just the first couple and then skipped to the last when everyone was having seizures or something.

I wanted to put in my 2 cents for towed artillery.

Honestly, I find it to be the best by far.

The big variable that is missing from the "artillery report" that started this thread is the value of avoiding early casualties and making early territorial gains.
      It's not just that towed is cheap... its tool that will gain resources before the others.

The value of the early game blitz, tactical retreat, and "shoot and scoot" in offense or defense is off the charts... literally in this case.

Towed artillery is only as good as the player is active, tactical, and strategic... for me, it is the summit of the game.

It is far easier to build eight army base 2s than three army base 4s.

In my TA builds I usually have 30 that can airlift by the time anyone else on the map has a handful of MRLs.
      Triangulating a stack of MRL isn't that hard to do...
      Creating a shooting gallery scenario isn't that hard to do.
      Dropping a stack of TA on MRL is desperate, but it can work... (I would only really do this with airlift anti-tank)
      Dropping multiple stacks to cut off escape routes for "surround and pound"... the ability is there.

Superior numbers + superior mobility CAN WIN against superior range + superior HP

When there are 30-50 fully upgraded TA flying around, working in tandem... sometimes 5 stacks in 5 separate engagements... sometimes 5 stacks with one target... it is devastating.
      (of course, anti-air, ASF, anti-tank, are essential)

MRL and MA trying to lumber over to the action rarely make it there before the battle has moved on.
      If they're kind of close (100-300) they might get a shot off and kill most of a TA stack... but the other 4 have either moved on or hit back.

... and in a day another batch of TA have rolled out, flown out, and are airlifting into position.