Share your "I didn't mean to declare war bro." stories

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Share your "I didn't mean to declare war bro." stories

Ever been involved in an inadvertent declaration of war? Was war declared against you at no fault of your own? You may be entitled to compensation of.......... errr nevermind.

What stories does this forum have of accidentally declaring war or having war declared against you?

I have one notable one.

I was Finland and he was Sweden. We had be friendly to each other all game long and shared RoW. At some point his special forces attacked me, declaring war immediately. Soon after this declaration, he had a stack that was inbound for Helsinki to use my airport (when we had RoW), but instead captured my capital and killed some units I had guarding base. I furiously sent messages to him demanding to know if this was purposeful or not, but several hours went by and no response. My only option was to respond aggressively unless he had a good excuse (he did). While reverting all my troops to my western boarder, I dropped a conventional BM on his capital, killing a large stack of troops and destroying most buildings. He was shocked when he read his notifications that day lol. We went back to RoW and had quite a lot of rebuilding to do on our capitals.
      but, that's just my 2 cents' worth
    • Yeah, here's 1

1.) Late in a Flashpoint map, when I already had about 1000 VP, (playing as Turkey) the USA and his ally Canada decide to move in on Europe after taking Iceland. Rather than engage me, they started picking off the small scandinavian countries. Since I was going for a Solo win, I told Sweden I'd help him out with some planes, but somehow one of my targets went astray, causing war between us, stranding my planes in helos in his capital (he was off line at the time) and having his capital get taken and my air units get toasted. Fortunately, I still had my bombers. I ended up joining his coalition with the sole purpose of liberating Sweden, and then left the coalition to get my solo later (all laid out to him in advance) When it was over, he had all of scandinavia back from just one occupied city when I started helping as a partner.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Was playing as Algeria once and was ROW with Spain (original player had gone inactive and was now controlled by AI). He had an ASF patrolling over my capital (which had my own ASF patrolling over too).
      AI suddenly changed status to Peace one day
      Because his ASF was patrolling war was declared and Spain reverted to war mode, sending the previously built dozen or so ASF, obliterating my air defenses and bombarding my hapless Infantry
      I quit that game.
    • On a Flashpoint map, me and two IRL friends were Greece, Iran, and Syria. Germany and Syria were both going north along the Baltic/Poland/Belarus area.

Germany is leader of his coalition. We had tried to get him to get rid of Norway from his coalition so he, Italy (his other member), and us could take on the US and end the game.

He instead decides to get close to Syria's border and ends up in skirmishes over and over.

At first it is possible mistakes, as they are both carving out borders, with a lot of Germany saying "I didn't mean to."

Then he crosses Syria's border. We get a look at what his offensive make u is as he passes through. He is all motorized infantry. He is headed for a city did't take yet on their side of the border. He ends up throwing 8 infantry in stacks of 4 at the city, which he didn't scout or else he would have seen that armor. I am also hitting him with a stack of 5 naval strikes.

The rest of his military is stacks of air superiority fighters and a few MBTs. Iraq has been specializing is strike fighter, so he has a stupid amount of high level ones.

He starts attacking us with his fighters around Austria. We attack with just Iran's strikes, and destroy his military from France to the Baltics in one day.

It was late enough that he probably went to sleep thinking "Haha, I am military super genius" and woke up to a complete lack of production ability.
      This signature intentionally left blank